Windows 10: Random BSOD, seems to be related to the Kernal of my laptop?

Discus and support Random BSOD, seems to be related to the Kernal of my laptop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! So I had this Laptop for at least 3-4 years, and it has crashed in the past, but this was the first true BSOD I've had on it/encountered on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Earth Raptor, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Random BSOD, seems to be related to the Kernal of my laptop?

Hello! So I had this Laptop for at least 3-4 years, and it has crashed in the past, but this was the first true BSOD I've had on it/encountered on it. I panicked a bit, and went onto google, to look for answers. I updated some drivers recently as well. After the BSOD, not before.

So I found this error, and upon searching it, it seems to be related to Graphics cards or Memory. Windows however identifies it as a "Kernal error". I also have a NVIDIA Graphics Card.

This was the error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8078d755230, 0xfffffe043b8ef2d8, 0xffffa3010e2aa920. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c9ede3eb-de39-4172-890f-0b2efa34aa87.

I'm unsure what to do, and I'm also scared to head back into my Gaming Session, because I don't want a random BSOD in the middle of it.

:)

Earth Raptor, Sep 12, 2020

2. BSOD, KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, Please Help

Steps 13-17 = Went into bios and reverted to default settings, no overclock now

Step 18 = Created a backup usb

Step 19 = Created new restore point, Reset bios to default settings

Step 20 =

Random BSOD, seems to be related to the Kernal of my laptop? [​IMG]

Step 21 = Uninstalled Avast

Step 22 = Uninstalled Malwarebytes

Step 23 = Windows Defender is ON

Step 24 =
    HD Tune Pro
    Drive C:

Drive G:

Step 25 =
    Seatools

That's all I've done so far. Will continue overnight.

AlexHamilton, Sep 12, 2020
  3. BSOD, KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, Please Help

Steps 26 and 27 = Drive C Chkdsk log and Drive G Chkdsk

Step 28 =

Step 29 =

I'm going to update to go ahead and update to 1909 now.

AlexHamilton, Sep 12, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD, seems to be related to the Kernal of my laptop?

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Random BSOD, seems to be related to the Kernal of my laptop?

1. Random BSOD, seems to be related to the Kernal of my laptop? - Similar Threads - Random BSOD seems

2. Random BSODs - memory related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random BSODs - memory related?: Hi guys, as of late i've experienced two random BSODS. The system is fairly new and a clean OS has been installed upon build. Looking at the dmp files it appears that it is related to BSOD 11/04/21 - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER, fltmgr.sys and ntoskrnl.exe appear to be the culprits...
  3. Random BSOD Kernal 41 Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD Kernal 41 Error: Hello, I was having Kernel Error 41s problem and BSOD. Error in the blue screen is normally thread exception. Here is a reading of the mini dump file: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  4. Seemingly Random BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  5. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  6. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  7. Random BSODs relating to ntsoskrnl.exe

Random BSODs relating to ntsoskrnl.exe: I've been getting random BSODs every once in a while since I built a new pc. I posted a question here about a month ago, and I was told to uninstall some program and turn off fast startup, which seemed to help. I stopped getting BSODs for about a month, and then recently...
  8. Occasional Random BOSD, related to the kernal -potential memory issue?

Occasional Random BOSD, related to the kernal -potential memory issue?: I ran dm_log_collector.exe, and I think it grabbed all of my BSODs (some I think I fixed). But if you look at the most recent one (and similar ones) -- that is the type of error I'm talking about. According to BSOD Viewer, my error occurs at ntoskrnl.exe+142770 and is this...
  9. Random BSOD with memory_corruption which seems to be IRQ related

Random BSOD with memory_corruption which seems to be IRQ related: Hi, For the last 2 months now I randomly get BSOD (with multiple types of failure) but most indicate memory_corruption. I have tried to figure this out myself, but to no avail. Can some possibly help me by checking the dump info? Regards, 70571
  10. Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues: I've been experiencing for a while an issue where my laptop will randomly freeze completely. At that point I'm left with no alternative but to hard reboot the laptop by holding the power button. Usually when this happens, any sound that might have been playing will freeze as...