Windows 10: Random BSOD Sometimes when i'm doing nothing at all! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Discus and support Random BSOD Sometimes when i'm doing nothing at all! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, all this is my first post on here so bare with me so i've been dealing with an issue lately actually most ever since i built this computer over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EpicFace546, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Random BSOD Sometimes when i'm doing nothing at all! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hi, all this is my first post on here so bare with me so i've been dealing with an issue lately actually most ever since i built this computer over this past summer but i managed to fix it the first time around don't ask me how but i did and all was fine until like a week ago when i've started dealing with it again and it seemed to comeback with a vengeance cause even now i could crash just typing this for no reason and, i've been dealing with PCs for a long time and a Bsod isn't new, but what is new is consistent crashing even when doing nothing like here's an example. I could be on chrome browsing around and suddenly BOOM Bsod the Error being KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, now i've heard this issue could be caused by a bad driver but i've never used the event viewer before nor have i ever read a minidump so this where you guys come in mind helping out this poor ol fool who cant figure this out. I should also mention that the error code that pops up sometimes doesn't but when it does sometimes its different but the one i see most is Ndu.sys other times i might get SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error code Ndu.sys or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED but those last two aren't as common as the one i get the most which is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error code Ndu.sys like i said before any help would be great below will be all the leads i could give you.

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 3900x

Dual RTX 2080 TIs

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi Motherboard I know its cheap considering the CPU but its all they had at the time

64gb Of G.skill ram

And a Theramltake 1200w PSU

P.s: just a little side note for like 4 years i had an intel processor and nvidia graphics and through that time barely and bsod but when i "upgrade" to amd i get all these issues? hmm...

Heres a Minidump from like 40 minutes ago which was the last crash.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgCkpSo91FFbjTabGGOwVLnDXh0B?e=fCuhrr

:)

EpicFace546, Sep 14, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Xutos Win User
    Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys

got this BSOD 2-3 time now while playing different game and it seem to be random was not doing anything special while playing so i am kinda lost and there was couple days in between other BSOD but its same kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys i only included the last dump cause i updated alot of driver since the previous BSOD i have been trying to update my Intel Rapid Storage driver but i can't seem to find the right one

Xutos, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Random BSOD Sometimes when i'm doing nothing at all! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Random BSOD Sometimes when i'm doing nothing at all! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

1. Random BSOD Sometimes when i'm doing nothing at all! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Sometimes

2. Random BSoD when I'm gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSoD when I'm gaming: Sometimes, when I'm gaming on my laptop, a BSoD randomly appears, but it is not like happened one time a day, it some times happen 6 times in a row, this issue appears everytime I game, so is there is a fix, I stopped gaming on my computer. Is there a fix...
  3. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs: Hi, I am getting frequent from immediately after startup to couple days BSODs, usually with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error codes.My setup is ASUS K501UW laptop i7-6500U, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD with Dell D3100 dock station,...
  4. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs: Hi, I am getting frequent from immediately after startup to couple days BSODs, usually with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error codes.My setup is ASUS K501UW laptop i7-6500U, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD with Dell D3100 dock station,...
  5. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD HELP! Random BSOD: KMODE_Exception_NOT_HANDLED when streaming.

BSOD HELP! Random BSOD: KMODE_Exception_NOT_HANDLED when streaming.: Hello, As stated in the title, I get random BSOD errors, sometimes completely randomly, but always when attempting to stream. I cannot for the life of me figure it out as everything I have tried does not work. I know my computer is strong enough to handle streaming and...
  7. Computer Randomly gets BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and...

Computer Randomly gets BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and...: Hi all, My hp omen laptop keeps randomly blue screening and not giving me any info on whatever is causing it (there is no filename attatched to the bluescreen error, ever) and Windows Troubleshooter (for bluescreens) is useless... doesn't ever say anything is wrong, same...
  8. BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing

BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing: (I put this in drivers section on accident before) I keep getting BSoD's, mostly the two listed in the title. This has been happening for months, and it's getting on my nerves. It happens at least twice a day. I have updated/ rolled back every driver, tested every component...
  9. Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys

Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys: got this BSOD 2-3 time now while playing different game and it seem to be random was not doing anything special while playing so i am kinda lost and there was couple days in between other BSOD but its same kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys i only included the last dump...
  10. BSOD when torrenting - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD when torrenting - kmode_exception_not_handled: Only seems to have started in the past week or so. Usually use uTorrent with NordVPN. After about 10-15 mins, BSOD " kmode_exception_not_handled " Tried a different torrent client. Same problem. Tried other things with NordVPN connected... seems fine. So it only seems...