Windows 10: Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode

Discus and support Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this morning my Surface Pro 6 was running fine. I shut it down, left he house for the office, arrived, and upon attempting to reboot was presented... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amassey77, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Amassey77 Win User

Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode

this morning my Surface Pro 6 was running fine. I shut it down, left he house for the office, arrived, and upon attempting to reboot was presented with a BSOD that essentially said:

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.

0% complete.

Here there is a QR code that rather unhelpfully directs me to the equally unhelpful Microsoft support page. It goes on to say:

"If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop code 0xc000021a"

1st: I cannot find anywhere on the support page that would allow me to actually speak with a support person

2nd: Support instructions direct me to boot into recovery mode

Whilst in recovery mode I have attempted to repair unsuccessful... same boot issues, boot into safe mode also unsuccessful, error code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

between the time it was functioning this morning and time i attempted to reboot, NO 3rd party software was installed and no changes were made to the system.

I have followed all instructions found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I am at a loss on how to proceed without a full reinstallation of Win 10. If this is all that is left, how can I know this will not happen again?

:)

Amassey77, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Rstahly Win User

Windows 10 random BSOD's - safe mode is fine(of course)

Back to the BSOD's.

1st hung the system when I played some music.

Also more BSOD's anytime I am not in safe-mode...

Tried to boot a USB drive and do a recover. It BSOD's !

Cracked the case and reseated the video card and the memory. No change

I am beginning to think the MB may have suffered somehow when the old

graphics card died, but still safe mode operations are fine...

Now time to determine what the next steps might be.

Rstahly, Apr 8, 2020
  3. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

^^ what he said try the steps in safe mode or VGA mode, then let us know if it boots up better yet if the steps will work after booting it up in safe mode

Protagonist, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode

1. Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode - Similar Threads - Random BSOD unable

2. Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode: Hi, whenever I try to sign in to my laptop I get a blank screen with the text Microsoft account at the top of the page .I then tried to boot my laptop into windows recovery environment using various methods and instead of going into windows recovery environment I get a DRIVER...
  3. Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode: Hi, whenever I try to sign in to my laptop I get a blank screen with the text Microsoft account at the top of the page .I then tried to boot my laptop into windows recovery environment using various methods and instead of going into windows recovery environment I get a DRIVER...
  4. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  5. Unable to boot into safe mode

Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  6. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode: I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after downloading that faulty driver. Now I tried downloading a different one and my problem is back. I thought I could fix it again...
  7. Unable to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot safe mode: So I’ve tried to boot safe mode to remove some files but whenever I got pass the restart now, it boots up, spins for a second and the screen remains black, I use boot camp so from my Touch Bar I know my laptop is running. What should I do?...
  8. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.: While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error : SYSTEM THREAD EXEMPTION NOT HANDLED - mssecflt.sys. Needless to say I used most of the advanced options and still no joy, meaning no...
  9. Unable to fully boot up in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to fully boot up in Safe Mode: In Windows 10 when booting up I'm receiving the following error at the sign-in screen: "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Now I"m attempting to boot up in safe mode to resolve the issue, but after hitting F4 for safe mode...
  10. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...