Windows 10: Random BSOD usually when gaming

Discus and support Random BSOD usually when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting a lot of BSOD these past 2 months with the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys). May i know what's the cause for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by multimac, Jul 6, 2016.

1. multimac Win User

Random BSOD usually when gaming

Hi,

I've been getting a lot of BSOD these past 2 months with the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys).

May i know what's the cause for this?

:)

multimac, Jul 6, 2016
  2. Kioskar Win User

BSODs when I use different programs. ntoskrnl.exe named as one of the causes in each dumpfile.

Hey, I've had some problems with my PC for a while now. Bought it dec 2015 and problems started in January.

I have been getting random BSODs and random crashes to desktop. Usually when browsing the web (and watching videos) and playing games. It's happened alot so i have a link to one drive with different information:

- The computed is built by me. Not branded. The motherboard is msi z170a pc mate.

- This is is a link to a one driver folder with: 1. System information file. 2. Driver view report. 3. Windows dump files (for bsod's last 14 days)

Offentligt

Kioskar, Jul 6, 2016
  3. KyleFall Win User
    BSOD - Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M When Gaming

I am not familiar with "Wondershare" or that file that you have mentioned.

Could this be a result of AMDs "Gaming Evolved" or "Plays.TV" app?

I too feel that it is a Direct X issue, I do not get a BSOD when I'm doing anything other than gaming, and it seems to happen at completely random.

KyleFall, Jul 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello multimac,

Welcome to the TenForums *Smile

It is possible that Windows update recently provided a new driver for your Elan input device (this uses the ETD.sys driver) and it is not compatible.

Use Device Manager to roll back to a previous driver for this device and to prevent Windows from reinstalling the device driver please follow the tutorial below:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jul 6, 2016
  5. multimac Win User
    Noted. Will heed your advice. Thanks !

multimac, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD usually when gaming - Similar Threads - Random BSOD usually

2. Random BSOD when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when gaming: Hi,Over the past few days I've had BSODs occurring randomly when gaming - it happens on several games and I don't know why.It did it again this afternoon so I've uploaded in the dump file in the hopes that someone can help me out and indicate why this might be happening. I've...
  3. Random BSOD when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when gaming: Hi,Over the past few days I've had BSODs occurring randomly when gaming - it happens on several games and I don't know why.It did it again this afternoon so I've uploaded in the dump file in the hopes that someone can help me out and indicate why this might be happening. I've...
  4. Random BSOD when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when gaming.: I've started to get random BSOD while gaming, most of which are CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, I recently installed new RAM and suspect it might be the culprit. Here is the dmp file, any help would be appreciated. Thank You!************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  6. Random BSOD when gaming.

Random BSOD when gaming.: I've started to get random BSOD while gaming, most of which are CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, I recently installed new RAM and suspect it might be the culprit. Here is the dmp file, any help would be appreciated. Thank You!************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  7. Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, I'm getting inconsistent BSODs specifically when playing games only, with most of the BSOD errors being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. A few times it would be UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION but that usually doesn't happen.I wish to provide minidump or dumps even but unfortunately,...
  8. Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, I'm getting inconsistent BSODs specifically when playing games only, with most of the BSOD errors being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. A few times it would be UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION but that usually doesn't happen.I wish to provide minidump or dumps even but unfortunately,...
  9. Random BSOD, usually when waking up

Random BSOD, usually when waking up: Can someone interpret this? I ran memtest x8 and my RAM wasn't working. BIOS is at its latest same with video card. 121854
  10. Random BSOD usually while the game star colony is open

Random BSOD usually while the game star colony is open: This bsod of death seems to happen everyday now and usually random while playing online, but the screen is distorted so i cant view the reason why I use a lot of software that i need and dont want to factory reset because itd be almost impossible to tell what is the culprit...