Windows 10: Random BSOD when shutting down, no memory issue detected

Discus and support Random BSOD when shutting down, no memory issue detected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning! I am having a hard time finding anything specific for my situation and hoping someone here can help. I have random blue screens when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jabelist, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Jabelist Win User

Random BSOD when shutting down, no memory issue detected

Good morning!

I am having a hard time finding anything specific for my situation and hoping someone here can help. I have random blue screens when clicking on "shut down". It does NOT happen every time, in fact, the last two were a week apart. From what I saw online when searching the errors below, it was most likely a RAM issue, so I can Windows memory diagnostic test and it came back without any errors.

All Window updates, including optional ones, are installed. I use Driver Easy to keep drivers up-to-date. Any other ideas of where I could go from here to find the cause of the random error?

Also, with the latest time this happened, I noticed I cannot use Chrome any longer. The link and app are still installed, but when I attempt to open, nothing happens. I do not know if this is culprit or something else entirely. Again, I can't really find anything online about Chrome not working on Windows. I can get the "beta" version of Chrome to run, but not the real one... very weird.

Thanks for any help you could provide!

2021.01.07 error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8060b3586ad, 0xffffaa07c36f20f8, 0xffffaa07c36f1930. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: d0dff667-48c4-465c-9071-c488929a13f3.

2021.01.14 error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041792, 0xfffff480003aefa8, 0x0000000000400000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 51b15edf-a053-4355-81f0-c9c65470b829.

2021.01.14 mem diagnostic test results:

The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors

:)

Jabelist, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

Multiple different types of BSOD - Windows 10 - Memory issues

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Open Administrative Tools (in "Large icons" view).
    • Double-click to initiate the Windows Memory Diagnostics.
    • Click on Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
    Let the tool run and check if any memory errors are fixed. Let us know the results if the detected errors are not fixed.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help to fix common BSOD errors and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 15, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

1. Random BSOD when shutting down, no memory issue detected - Similar Threads - Random BSOD shutting

2. Random BSOD while shutting down the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD while shutting down the PC: hey, i have this problem like 2-3 months i try many solutions from internet but makes no sense.... this blue screens are random, sometimes 1 times in a week sometimes 2 times on a day ..... DMP file........
  3. Random BSOD while shutting down the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD while shutting down the PC: hey, i have this problem like 2-3 months i try many solutions from internet but makes no sense.... this blue screens are random, sometimes 1 times in a week sometimes 2 times on a day ..... DMP file........
  4. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  5. BSOD when shutting down

BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  6. PC Randomly shutting down No BSOD, no warning

PC Randomly shutting down No BSOD, no warning: Hi, for the last several months my pc has been randomly shutting down. In Event Viewer this is the error that pops up in XML View: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  7. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when shutting down: No idea why this is happening, but whenever i try to shut down my computer after using it, it does not shutdown, instead, it stays on, screen goes dark, then restarts itself. It creates a dump file so im pretty sure its a bsod, i have all drivers update so there is no reason...
  8. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  9. Memory Management BSOD on shut down only

Memory Management BSOD on shut down only: Been happening for the past two weeks or so. My computer is only a year old and I shouldn't be having these issues. Someone said the issue stemmed from Battle.net. I posted on their forums and someone told me to do a reinstall. I did that and I got a BSOD a day later. I...
  10. BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down

BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down: Hey guys, for the last few months I have been experiencing crashes that forces me to reboot my machine, BSOD's mainly. I was playing Playerunknown Battlegrounds and I was getting kicked out of game and I have a feeling it was due to something on my computer, after doing all...