Windows 10: Random BSOD while playing games (repost)

Discus and support Random BSOD while playing games (repost) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have been struggling with this for a long time, but I have not asked for help until now. Im having this bluescreen while playing games. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joakia, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Joakia Win User

Random BSOD while playing games (repost)

Hello. I have been struggling with this for a long time, but I have not asked for help until now. Im having this bluescreen while playing games. It does not happen every time I play games, but It happens. The bluescreen really likes to come when Im playing havy games such as GTA V. It also comes when Im in VR. I have been searching around alot, but its hard to find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! *Smile

:)

Joakia, Aug 1, 2016

2. Getting multiple BSOD's a week, no clue what the problem is.

These seem to be happening pretty much at random. Could be happening while playing games, but also while I'm not even active on the computer. Also doesn't seem related to how long the PC has been running. No idea if it's of any importance but I'll also add
    that not every crash is a BSOD. Sometimes it just freezes and I will have to reboot it myself.

These are my minidump files from my BSOD just a few minutes ago: Minidump.rar

Luc van der Heiden, Aug 1, 2016
  3. 東鎮 Win User
    Bsod problem

1, while playing csgo but only get once bsod , blue screen

2, yes random error

3, no

4, after the reboot everything go shoot and nothing's happens!

東鎮, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Only 3 dumps in the zip file you uploaded. I expected more, and none are recent. 7/23 is the most recent.

Are you running any disk cleanup software, like CCleaner? If so please don't use if until this problem is resolved so we can get more dumps to look at.

Latest dump indicates a problem with atikmpag.sys which is AMD Radeon R9 200 Series video card or driver.
    Code: BugCheck C4, {2003, ffffe00081522ae8, fffff801e4b00240, ffffd000dc952520} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+105c )[/quote] You appear to have two identical video cards installed? If this is true, are you running in SLI mode?

I also wonder if there is a BIOS update for your board? You currently have (according to msinfo32):
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1105, 13/01/2016.

The website: M5A97 R2.0 | Motherboards | ASUS USA has:
    Attachment 93776

The version is newer but the date is older so I'm a bit confused. If the one on the web site is newer please install it.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2016
  5. Joakia Win User
    You appear to have two identical video cards installed? If this is true, are you running in SLI mode?

I also wonder if there is a BIOS update for your board? You currently have (according to msinfo32):
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1105, 13/01/2016.

The website: M5A97 R2.0 | Motherboards | ASUS USA has:
    Attachment 93776

The version is newer but the date is older so I'm a bit confused. If the one on the web site is newer please install it.[/quote] The reason why the dumps are not recent is because I used the same winrar file as my older post. I thought it did not matter Random BSOD while playing games (repost) :p Im using CC cleaner around once a month.

When the bluescreen comes, I force-shutdown my PC, because if I dont, my pc will turn on, then get another bluescreen right after startup. It will then turn on again and get another bluescreen around the time I have logged in. After that it stops, and I can boot normally.

When its about the 290x: No, I only have 1 card. Does it say I have 2? That makes no sense.
    Im going to try to update my bios today and see if it helps. I updated my bios last year, but I dont remember which version.

Joakia, Aug 2, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Run dxdiag from a Run box or command prompt. Once it finishes, click on the Display tab.
    In the dxdiag.txt file included in the zip file, it shows AMD Radeon R9 200 Series listed twice.

Can you run DM_Log_collector after you update BIOS then upload the new xip file here please?

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Joakia Win User
    I ran dxdiag. My card only gets listed once in the text file. I did the dxdiag after the bios update, so maybe the update fixed it? I dont know.

I used the DM log collector again. Hopefully, the graphics card problem is gone Random BSOD while playing games (repost) :p

Joakia, Aug 3, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Yes, looks much better. Only shows once.

The dump from 8/2 is corrupt.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2016
  9. Joakia Win User
    I have played alot of games today, and it looks very good so far . No bluescreens yet. I really hope it stays that way! If not, I guess I will have to live with it.

Thank you so much for helping me *Smile I have been struggling with this for a long time and its a good sign that no bluescreens have showed up yet. YET.

Joakia, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD while playing games (repost) - Similar Threads - Random BSOD while

2. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  3. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  4. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  5. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  6. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Randomly BSOD Playing Game While Streaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly BSOD Playing Game While Streaming: i built my computer two years ago. i havent got any problem. But yesterday i update my graphic card driver. Today when i play game on stream my computer freeze than reset. i wanna sure problem is graphic card driver. there is dxdiag here there are 3 dump files. 1 2 3 there...
  8. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...
  9. Random BSOD while playing video games

Random BSOD while playing video games: Hello guys, Before some weeks a friend gave me his Pc. So i format it and installed Windows 7, but it couldnt find any updates and got stuck in an endless search (already there i had 2 bluescreens). I solved this problem, through installing Win 10. The BOSD are quite...
  10. BSOD appears after/while playing a game and randomly

BSOD appears after/while playing a game and randomly: Hello. As the title say, I have multiple BSOD while playing games (Overwatch or ESO), sometime right after I close the game or, more rarely, after I boot up the computer. The first BSOD (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION) I get, was a driver issue with my mouse...