Windows 10: Random BSOD - Windows 10

Discus and support Random BSOD - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (in place upgrade) I have suffered from random BSOD shut-downs. The error messages refer to Memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kaysee, Sep 3, 2016.

1. kaysee Win User

Random BSOD - Windows 10

Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (in place upgrade) I have suffered from random BSOD shut-downs. The error messages refer to Memory Management. I have conducted exhaustive checks of the 4GB of RAM on my computer (Dell-Studio) and each time the RAM has passed the check using both the MemTest86 app and the Window Memory Diagnostic Test. I then did a sfc /scannow check and there were a few issues and so I did a repair install of Windows 10. However, this has not fixed the problem. There appears to be no pattern to the causes of the BSOD - I can be in Word or watching a video on YouTube. I have attached the zip file generated by your downloaded app. I have also attached an image of the results of running Speccy which shows that component temperatures appear to be normal.

:)

kaysee, Sep 3, 2016
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User
    XP ROCKS., Sep 3, 2016
  3. seanvree Win User
    Blue screen: "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

I'm getting a random BSOD on my Dell XPS PC running windows 10 Pro:

"IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

this is happening twice a day. I've updated all my drivers and uninstalled any programs that aren't compatible with windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

seanvree, Sep 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Random BSOD - Windows 10

The following error was detected in the analysis:

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: Memory Manager detected corruption of a pagefile page while performing an in-page operation.
    The data read from storage does not match the original data written.
    This indicates the data was corrupted by the storage stack, or device hardware.

Please run a hard disk check to see if you can detect any errors on the HDD. Try the Seagate tools for a full diagnosis if you do not have any other software.

philc43, Sep 18, 2016
  5. kaysee Win User
    Many thanks for responding. I have run all the hard disk checks recommended by your link. The results are as follows:
    Option 1 (Drive Status) "All drives are working properly"
    Option 2 (Error Checking) "Windows successfully scanned the drive. No errors were found.
    Option 3 (chkdsk) No problems found
    Option 4 (Powershell - Repair-Volume -DriveLetter C) "NoErrorsFound"

I then did a Long Generic test using SeaTools and the message was "Pass". Hence my Windows 10 OS drive (C) appears to be sound. Any further advice please?

kaysee, Sep 19, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Sep 19, 2016
  7. kaysee Win User
    I managed to upgrade the BIOS of my Dell Studio 540 (quite an old computer). However, the Dell support web site did not contain any drivers for a Windows 10 system as they say the drivers that are available have not been tested on the Studio 540 and Windows 10 systems. Since posting the support query I have not had another BSOD but that is not surprising as it only happened occasionally at about monthly intervals.

kaysee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD - Windows 10

1. Random BSOD - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD

2. BSOD at random: DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - ETD.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at random: DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - ETD.sys: Hello Friends, I have a problem with my university laptop. Last couple of days I had a few BSOD's while writing E-Mails or using word etc. nothing particular unsual. The driver seems to be for the tracking pad but i havent really touched any setting whatsoever. Maybe...
  3. PC randomly always crashes either produce BSOD or restarts or freezes , MiniDump File included

PC randomly always crashes either produce BSOD or restarts or freezes , MiniDump File included: Hello all I have a problem that I am encountering for months , my PC starts to randomly freezes , whether I do gaming or not , it produces BSOD or restarts or freezes , I unplugged and plugged the Rams , The GPU , clean dust of Case , but with no results MY PC Specs is...
  4. Random BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random BSOD on Windows 10: Hi, i built my PC a couple months ago and it started having random BSODs. At first i just left the issue alone until i couldn't boot into windows anymore because of BSOD (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) at startup, so i freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC. At first it didn't have...
  5. New built custom PC random BSOD woes

New built custom PC random BSOD woes: Please find attached ZIP of the errors I have tried to update drivers through Driver Booster etc without any success. Random crashes in games and just general your expert help would be greatly appreciated! the computer was working well for a few months before these issues...
  6. Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD: Windows 1902 (OS.Build 18362.418) Hi, This was a random crash that happened, occurred few times in the past. However, Through inspecting in the eventlog, it only states the " The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  7. Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD

Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD: Windows 1902 (OS.Build 18362.418) Hi, This was a random crash that happened, occurred few times in the past. However, Through inspecting in the eventlog, it only states the " The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  8. PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD: This is extremely annoying. New PC, built it myself about a month ago, no prior experience. System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING, MX330 ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker Windows 10 pro. Had some kinks to work out in the first week...
  9. Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux: Since recently I've been getting random reboots without BSOD. Nothing relevant shows in the event log. The issue doesn't happen on Linux so its probably not a hardware problem but possibly outdated firmware/drivers since the last driver update for my GPU and BIOS was in 2016...
  10. BSOD at random times

BSOD at random times: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎29/‎10/‎2019 00:18 Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1000007e Parameter 1: ffffffffc0000005 Parameter 2: fffff8062a532646 Parameter 3: ffffe5814d3bf638 Parameter 4:...