Windows 10: Random BSOD - Windows 10

Discus and support Random BSOD - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (in place upgrade) I have suffered from random BSOD shut-downs. The error messages refer to Memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kaysee, Sep 3, 2016.

1. kaysee Win User

Random BSOD - Windows 10

Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (in place upgrade) I have suffered from random BSOD shut-downs. The error messages refer to Memory Management. I have conducted exhaustive checks of the 4GB of RAM on my computer (Dell-Studio) and each time the RAM has passed the check using both the MemTest86 app and the Window Memory Diagnostic Test. I then did a sfc /scannow check and there were a few issues and so I did a repair install of Windows 10. However, this has not fixed the problem. There appears to be no pattern to the causes of the BSOD - I can be in Word or watching a video on YouTube. I have attached the zip file generated by your downloaded app. I have also attached an image of the results of running Speccy which shows that component temperatures appear to be normal.

:)

kaysee, Sep 3, 2016
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User
    XP ROCKS., Sep 3, 2016
  3. seanvree Win User
    Blue screen: "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

I'm getting a random BSOD on my Dell XPS PC running windows 10 Pro:

"IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

this is happening twice a day. I've updated all my drivers and uninstalled any programs that aren't compatible with windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

seanvree, Sep 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Random BSOD - Windows 10

The following error was detected in the analysis:

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: Memory Manager detected corruption of a pagefile page while performing an in-page operation.
    The data read from storage does not match the original data written.
    This indicates the data was corrupted by the storage stack, or device hardware.

Please run a hard disk check to see if you can detect any errors on the HDD. Try the Seagate tools for a full diagnosis if you do not have any other software.

philc43, Sep 18, 2016
  5. kaysee Win User
    Many thanks for responding. I have run all the hard disk checks recommended by your link. The results are as follows:
    Option 1 (Drive Status) "All drives are working properly"
    Option 2 (Error Checking) "Windows successfully scanned the drive. No errors were found.
    Option 3 (chkdsk) No problems found
    Option 4 (Powershell - Repair-Volume -DriveLetter C) "NoErrorsFound"

I then did a Long Generic test using SeaTools and the message was "Pass". Hence my Windows 10 OS drive (C) appears to be sound. Any further advice please?

kaysee, Sep 19, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Sep 19, 2016
  7. kaysee Win User
    I managed to upgrade the BIOS of my Dell Studio 540 (quite an old computer). However, the Dell support web site did not contain any drivers for a Windows 10 system as they say the drivers that are available have not been tested on the Studio 540 and Windows 10 systems. Since posting the support query I have not had another BSOD but that is not surprising as it only happened occasionally at about monthly intervals.

kaysee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD - Windows 10

1. Random BSOD - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD

2. PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD: Hello,My PC randomly restarts without a blue screen and without warning.From looking around, it seems here is the right question to ask about it. This has been puzzling me for months now and I have no idea what to do.I got these 2 files from C:\Windows\Minidump:...
  3. PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD: Hello,My PC randomly restarts without a blue screen and without warning.From looking around, it seems here is the right question to ask about it. This has been puzzling me for months now and I have no idea what to do.I got these 2 files from C:\Windows\Minidump:...
  4. Random freezes / BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes / BSODs: Hi,for about 6 month, my system was running stable without any issues. Suddenly the system started freezing OS hanging, reset via on/off button or cutting power supply or BSOD-ing Clock_watchdog_timeout. All of that came out of the blue, no hardware changes, no BIOS changes,...
  5. Random freezes / BSODs

Random freezes / BSODs: Hi,for about 6 month, my system was running stable without any issues. Suddenly the system started freezing OS hanging, reset via on/off button or cutting power supply or BSOD-ing Clock_watchdog_timeout. All of that came out of the blue, no hardware changes, no BIOS changes,...
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  8. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  10. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...