Windows 10: Random BSOD - Windows Support Directed Me Here

Discus and support Random BSOD - Windows Support Directed Me Here in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the kind folk at windows support community directed me here - I am hoping someone might be able to help. Persistent random BSODs - usually IRQL,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhaedRusEngine, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Random BSOD - Windows Support Directed Me Here

So the kind folk at windows support community directed me here - I am hoping someone might be able to help.

Persistent random BSODs - usually IRQL, but also buffer stack over run. Note my machine now bsods within 10 seconds of logging in so sharing a link from my last "stable bsod" i.e. the last time I had enough time to upload the memory dump file before BSOD. Code: https://ufile.io/trwxg . I apologize for not being able to use the BSOD posting instructions. The verifier.exe was enabled for standard settings.

Machine details
    My machine was a windows 7 pro, Intel DX79TO, I7 3930k (mildly over clocked to 3.6 via turbo) , with 48GB RAM. Was stable till three months back - was set up in 2012. Now it randomly BSODs with varying message - usually driver stack or IRQL. I tried the following and the issue still remains.

What I have tried so far:

1) Update Bios 2) Upgrade cooling to liquid cooling Corsair H100i pro, 3) Upgrade to windows 10 pro 4) Update all drivers (including pcie) 5) check ssd health,6) run memtest for 12 hours (no errors) 7) run prime 95 for 12 hours (bsoded a minute after I stopped prime) 8) OCCT - stable for 4 hours 9) used PSU tester - psu is fine 10) stock clock with no turbo at 3.2 (still boded) 11) whocrashes says software issue likely. 12) reinstalled Windows 10 - deleting all prior programs - clean install from MCT. I also reduced ram to 8gb (tested for 8 passes on Memtest). 13) Swapped out with new GPU. 14) switch from USB wifi to lan ethernet. 15) Also switched off turbo.

Interestingly BSODs happened both when Idling and when under stress - while also working for 12 hours at a stretch with no BSOD under Prime 95.

Original post on windows support :
    Code: RANDOM bsod EVEN AFTER WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL. I would really appreciate any ideas/help at this point - as far as I can tell - cpu and memory are fine. Motherboard - cant determine. The PSU seems fine. Drivers - there are only 4 types of non microsoft drivers - intel drivers, corsair cooler drivers, gpu drivers and keyboard HID drivers active.

May I note that my computer is a real stable BSOD - for those who know it my 3930k is now a BOSD-K.

:)

PhaedRusEngine, Oct 26, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD - Windows Support Directed Me Here

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD - Windows Support Directed Me Here

1. Random BSOD - Windows Support Directed Me Here - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Support

2. Help me here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me here: I need help with my Bluetooth went out / missing in my system tray and settings. I cant find it anywhere even when I try to restart the Bluetooth service and computer. I went to Windows update ensure that everything is okay. I even went to manufacturers site and download the...
  3. Help me here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me here: I need help with my Bluetooth went out / missing in my system tray and settings. I cant find it anywhere even when I try to restart the Bluetooth service and computer. I went to Windows update ensure that everything is okay. I even went to manufacturers site and download the...
  4. Help me here

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Help me here!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me here!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I press Alt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background not in foreground. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  6. Help me here!

Help me here!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I press Alt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background not in foreground. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  7. Windows 11 - Direct Access support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Direct Access support?: Hi there. I have joined a Windows 11 Enterprise computer to my work-domain for testing I work in IT, and it seems like the client will not connect to DirectAccess . I have verified that the policies are in place and some elements are working. For example, I get the...
  8. Windows 11 - Direct Access support?

Windows 11 - Direct Access support?: Hi there. I have joined a Windows 11 Enterprise computer to my work-domain for testing I work in IT, and it seems like the client will not connect to DirectAccess . I have verified that the policies are in place and some elements are working. For example, I get the...
  9. Direct ISO links for the Aniniversary Update - here

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Direct ISO links for the Aniniversary Update - here: Download Official Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO Files - Windows 10 News and Updates It's useful to have the iso if a. you have multiple PCs to update b. so you can easily create bootable media for an in-place upgrade repair install 58543
  10. Random BSOD's Novice here Patience required!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD's Novice here Patience required!: I have have several BSOD's a week almost daily for about three weeks. I have did research and took steps to record the circumstances since taking these steps there has only been one crash. This has happened whether I was just browsing, downloading or idle. The crash is sudden...