Windows 10: Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

Discus and support Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lazukr, Jul 11, 2020.

1. lazukr Win User

Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now.

This is the following specs:
    Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4
    CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo)
    RAM: 32 GB
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V

Ever since sometime last year, I would infrequently get a BSOD every once a while involving a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I wasn't able to figure much out but it didn't occur often enough to really bother me. However, recently I have noticed that it occurred more frequently. Another side note that I've also noticed is that when I restart my computer or shut it down and reboot, it will sometimes be much slower than usual and will stay that way until I've performed another shut down + reboot / restart.

Here is a dump file I got recently.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

:)

lazukr, Jul 11, 2020

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

Hello All,

My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour.
    The error code is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I checked my minidump file and the Image Name was Unknown_Image. I need help as I don't know what to do to fix this. Minidump pasted here:

Lex Naturae, Jul 11, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Tintai Win User

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

Hello,

After Cmos reset and clean Windows 10 install I'm started getting some BSODs.
    First time I've got whea_uncorrectable_error and some time later clock_watchdog_timeout.

Now I'm getting clock_watchdog_timeout all the time when I try to start AIDA64 stability test and in the middle game of CS:GO.

Here is dump from bluescreenview:
    http://tintaiexcess.com/dmp.htm

And here is the dump files from "C:\Windows\Minidump":
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2oy1mc5ku7girx/080315-7468-01.dmp
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap25qa4ilr4gtc0/080315-7359-01.dmp

My CPU is running at 4.6G at 1.328V. RAM at 1866Mhz at 1.5V.
    Stock looks stable.

Thanks
    Tintai

Tintai, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error - Similar Threads - Random BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

2. Getting BSOD Randomly... CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT was the beginning of it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD Randomly... CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT was the beginning of it.: BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errors began after the latest update to Windows 10 Pro 21h2After troubleshooting and updating all drivers and windows to 22h2 it became WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysAfter correcting the win32k.sys...
  3. Getting BSOD Randomly... CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT was the beginning of it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD Randomly... CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT was the beginning of it.: BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errors began after the latest update to Windows 10 Pro 21h2After troubleshooting and updating all drivers and windows to 22h2 it became WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysAfter correcting the win32k.sys...
  4. Getting BSOD Randomly... CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT was the beginning of it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101" This happen Randomly

BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101" This happen Randomly: Hi AllBuild new computer over 2 weeks ago, The specs are as followsWindow 20h2 Did install 21h1 but just BSOD on booti9 11900k not overclockedSamsung 500GB 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD - MZ-V8P500BWCorsair 32gb Ram - CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Bios setting to power 1.35 as stated on...
  6. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2 Windows 10 1909 18363.1016 I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600, with new mobo and DDR4 ram to boot. Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I got multiple BSOD of the...
  7. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error: Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) RAM: 32 GB Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V OS: Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.329 Ever since...
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD: Hello All, My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour. The error...
  9. Random Freezing (no logs created); now CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

Random Freezing (no logs created); now CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD: TL;DR: My computer randomly freezes anytime from once to four times a week with no Event Viewer logs or memory dumps. Recently, it's started to blue screen instead with a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. I'm hoping the issues are related and fixing the BSODs will fix the...
  10. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout: So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting. Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after. Had issue with the ram's software (to control RGB). They are G.skill Trident Z RGB. Installed the software after adding ram, pc...