Windows 10: Random BSOD with different error codes on ASUS UX303UB

Discus and support Random BSOD with different error codes on ASUS UX303UB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, friend of mine has problem with his new ASUS UX303UB with Windows 10. He is getting random BSOD, usually it happens when he leaves PC for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eeyoree, Oct 20, 2016.

1. eeyoree Win User

Random BSOD with different error codes on ASUS UX303UB

Hello,

friend of mine has problem with his new ASUS UX303UB with Windows 10. He is getting random BSOD, usually it happens when he leaves PC for a while and it goes to sleep, but also there are BSODs when he is typing something into Word, surfing the net ...

I have no idea what can be problem, I've tried to update drivers from ASUS web page, but it seems to be even worse *Smile

I attached logs from DM Log Collector tool and also from BlueScreenView.

Pls, can someone help me? Thank you very much in advance

:)

eeyoree, Oct 20, 2016
  2. ux303ubt Win User

ASUS UX303UB Driver Issues and Multiple Stopcodes

Hello everyone,

It's been a year since I purchased my UX303UB with 12GB RAM and NVIDIA 940M w/ Intel i7.

The laptop constantly crashes and I get multiple driver error stopcodes, ASUS support has been of no help and I can't seem to resolve the issues as the drivers are all up to date and there are so many different stop codes that pop up.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ux303ubt, Oct 20, 2016
  3. k4hun Win User
    inaccessible_boot_device with os via usb

I recently bought asus zenbook ux303ub with win10 installed on hdd andverythings was fine.

I decided to switch hdd to ssd and use the old one (with win10 installed on it) via usb but I can't start it like that because I keep getting UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. any hints?

k4hun, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

All the dumps I looked at indicate memory_corruption_large. This can be RAM, other hardware or a driver problem.

You're running mixed memory which is know to cause weird problems like this. Remove the 4GB module and run with just the 8GB module. Re-seat it to make sure it's firmly inserted and seated. See if that helps. If it does get another 8GB the same as the one you have or replace both with an identical pair.

Ztruker, Oct 21, 2016
  5. eeyoree Win User
    Hi, Ztruker, thank you for your help. This computer is few weeks old came with 12 GB from factory, so don't know how it is with warranty if I try to open that. Anyway thank you very much for help, will post new info

eeyoree, Oct 21, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    All the memory should have been matching is that is how it came from the factory.

This is what the dump shows:
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0013h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0012h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 0dh - SODIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer SK Hynix Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number HMT451S6BFR8A-PB [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0014h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0012h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 8192MB Form Factor 0dh - SODIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 2 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer Samsung Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number M471B1G73EB0-YK0 [/quote] Adding or removing memory will not void the warranty. If it was my laptop, I'd replace the 4GB memory modulr with another 8GB module identical to the one already installed. For the time being, just remove the $GB module and see if that helps. It may not but it's an easy test to make.

If it doesn't help then I suggest enabling Driver Verifier and see if that shows us anything.

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

Random BSOD with different error codes on ASUS UX303UB [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    Random BSOD with different error codes on ASUS UX303UB [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Oct 23, 2016
  7. eeyoree Win User
    Guys, thank you for all your help. I've tried to get info about warranty from reseller, but meanwhile I updated BIOS to newest version. So far it seems to be OK and there were no BSODs.

Will see what happens and if there will be BSOD, will try to remove one memory if I will get info that it won't void warranty, otherwise I will ask reseller for warranty replacement.

Thank you all

eeyoree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD with different error codes on ASUS UX303UB - Similar Threads - Random BSOD different

2. Random BSOD with different error code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD with different error code.: Hi, I am currently having random BSOD Issues.. My computer crashes randomly at times.. till i am pretty frustrated at it. My Computer:This is the most recent dmp file that i have. ************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol...
  3. Random BSOD with different error code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD with different error code.: Hi, I am currently having random BSOD Issues.. My computer crashes randomly at times.. till i am pretty frustrated at it. My Computer:This is the most recent dmp file that i have. ************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol...
  4. Random BSOD with different error code.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD with different error codes recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD with different error codes recently: Hello all,Over the last few weeks, I've been having lots of seemingly random BSODs on my Windows 10 machine Version 21H2 build 19044.1469.Reading online, I found that most websites suggest a driver issue, so I updated all my drivers and still observe the problem. I updated...
  6. Random BSOD with different error codes recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD with different error codes recently: Hello all,Over the last few weeks, I've been having lots of seemingly random BSODs on my Windows 10 machine Version 21H2 build 19044.1469.Reading online, I found that most websites suggest a driver issue, so I updated all my drivers and still observe the problem. I updated...
  7. Random BSOD with different error codes recently

8. Help - random bsod errors with different codes

Help - random bsod errors with different codes: Hi i keep getting random bsod errors with different codes i tested every hardware component and everything seems fine here is my specs Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 47 C Matisse 7nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1596MHz...
  9. Random BSOD's with different error codes

Random BSOD's with different error codes: Hello everyone, I have one PC in the company that constantly reboots itself at completely random times, but often, sometimes as soon as login screen is displayed. Version is 1909. I have done a clean reinstall of windows 10 PRO numerous times but the issue persists,...
  10. Random BSODs with different error codes

Random BSODs with different error codes: Hi, I'm having random BSODs starting about 1 week ago. First BSOD happened while my sister was using Adobe Illustrator, she suddenly rebooted the PC so there was no MINIDUMP and I didn't make in time to write down crash report information. Second BSOD occurred when I opened a...