Windows 10: Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website

Discus and support Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Tonight I had a rather disturbing experience; while attempting to access a specific website with an auto-loading video player on the page, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by amucci88, May 21, 2020.

1. amucci88 Win User

Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website

Hello,

Tonight I had a rather disturbing experience; while attempting to access a specific website with an auto-loading video player on the page, my computer completely locked up and, after a few minutes, I got a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. I restarted, windows updated, and I tried to reload my browser with the same page - and it did it again. I find it strange that a website with a video player could cause this problem, and am now worried I have a hardware failure or issue somewhere causing a problem.

I have the minidump file, but don't know how to read it or if I can upload it here for someone to look. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

amucci88, May 21, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 21, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Thanks for the suggestion, I did ask the OP to check and according to post #14 he does have the logger running. My next thought was that he had an insufficient size of dump allocated and that logging was not being recorded with the dump file.

philc43, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website - Similar Threads - Random BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs: I bought this laptop last year, and lately it's been plagued by issues, most notably random BSODs, as mentioned in the title. I tried reinstalling Windows 11 not completely, I chose to keep my files while reinstalling, but after a while the issues started popping up again....
  3. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs: I bought this laptop last year, and lately it's been plagued by issues, most notably random BSODs, as mentioned in the title. I tried reinstalling Windows 11 not completely, I chose to keep my files while reinstalling, but after a while the issues started popping up again....
  4. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod: 2 dmp files attached. I analyzed it myself. But both of them shows ntkrnlmp.exe is the failing module. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-dpcwatchdogviolation-bsod/18876d49-4d17-4da8-85fd-8e22aa9433ca
  5. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod: 2 dmp files attached. I analyzed it myself. But both of them shows ntkrnlmp.exe is the failing module. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-dpcwatchdogviolation-bsod/18876d49-4d17-4da8-85fd-8e22aa9433ca
  6. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: Bought my computer from CyberPower PC in early December 2020 and the computer ran great with zero issues until mid January. Been getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD for 3 months now and all my troubleshooting hasn't solved it. It's been the same Bug Check Code when I use...
  8. Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Usually every couple of weeks this machine will BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on an unknown module. If I run heavy disk I/O the crash will happen a little more often but even then it could go days just fine. Most of the time it crashes when I am away and the...
  9. BSOD: 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' at random times, even when idle

BSOD: 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' at random times, even when idle: Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15, the model no. is 3541, with a AMD A6-6310 APU, and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM. Windows 10 x64. Started getting the BSOD 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' a few weeks ago, and it annoyed me so much I re-installed Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago thinking that would...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly: This problem started to happen around 3 months ago. My current PC was assembled by myself in february 2017. Probably the only stuff missing in the logs about the build is the PSU model, which is a Seasonic S12II 520W (bought brand new), and cooler, a Thermaltake Water 3.0...