Windows 10: Random BSOD

Discus and support Random BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My PC has been getting random BSODs the past week. Trying to figure out what's going on, it ran fine when I did the upgrade for a month (New... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by labtechguy, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Random BSOD

Hello,

My PC has been getting random BSODs the past week. Trying to figure out what's going on, it ran fine when I did the upgrade for a month (New mobo, processor, and ram). I did a clean install of Windows 10 after I installed the new parts.

-Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.535) (Tried system restore to prior to 1903 but still getting it too)
    -AMD Ryzen 2700X (Not overclocked)
    -RAM 32GB of this (Total 4 sticks) G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200 - Micro Center
    -Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B450F GAMNG ATX

-Troubleshooting (Have all Windows updates, all updated drivers, reinstalled CPU drivers, up to date Bios drivers)
    -BSOD is random and I get different errors such as:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (What failed: afd.sys)
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Attached is the log collector file (Or dropbox here Dropbox - DESKTOP-6A8NG8U-(2019-12-20_22-34-18).zip - Simplify your life)

Thanks in advanced

:)

labtechguy, Jan 13, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jan 13, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

Thema:

Random BSOD

1. Random BSOD - Similar Threads - Random BSOD

2. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  3. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  4. Windows random BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows random BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: As title states, I'm facing random BSODs on my system. Minidump logs attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-random-bsod-dpcwatchdogviolation/709f18ef-0db5-473f-be32-9c05e110942a
  5. Windows random BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Windows random BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: As title states, I'm facing random BSODs on my system. Minidump logs attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-random-bsod-dpcwatchdogviolation/709f18ef-0db5-473f-be32-9c05e110942a
  6. Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...: Hello,my laptop is starting to random crash for no reason and i don't know why. Can anybody help?i've run tests and benchmarks and everything is passed with green lights.Here's the event logs with a recent crash.logs.evtxIt just freeze with no BSOD but black screen on main...
  7. Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...

Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...: Hello,my laptop is starting to random crash for no reason and i don't know why. Can anybody help?i've run tests and benchmarks and everything is passed with green lights.Here's the event logs with a recent crash.logs.evtxIt just freeze with no BSOD but black screen on main...
  8. ASUS X515EAU Random Frequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS X515EAU Random Frequent BSODs: Hello, my daughter has been getting random BSODs for several weeks on her ASUS X515EAU Laptop. I have wiped the SSD and done a fresh install of Windows 11 but the BSOD persists. I thought it happened only while playing Roblox, but experienced it happen when not on Roblox as...
  9. ASUS X515EAU Random Frequent BSODs

ASUS X515EAU Random Frequent BSODs: Hello, my daughter has been getting random BSODs for several weeks on her ASUS X515EAU Laptop. I have wiped the SSD and done a fresh install of Windows 11 but the BSOD persists. I thought it happened only while playing Roblox, but experienced it happen when not on Roblox as...
  10. RANDOM BSOD. HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANDOM BSOD. HELP!!!!: Hi,Im getting random PC freezes and BSOD while playing video games.Started to happen after RAM, MB, CPU and GPU replacment. Any help here ?https://files.fm/u/efhbqkm2m3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-bsod-help/e7346803-2e62-4121-9f9c-7dc6991c2fc2