Windows 10: Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting BSODs and a lot of freezing recently and it's been getting more and more frequent. They can happen at any time such as when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PHVNTOM, Mar 20, 2020.

1. PHVNTOM Win User

Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've been getting BSODs and a lot of freezing recently and it's been getting more and more frequent. They can happen at any time such as when I'm gaming or when I'm just browsing the internet. The freezing definitely seems to be related because it's been getting worse as the BSODs have become more frequent. Sometimes everything will just stop loading and everything freezes for a few seconds, or sometimes it just completely stops and I have to do a hard shutdown. With the blue screens, the most common stop code seems to be DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but there have been a few others show up.

I've updated any outdated drivers, ran a malware scan, ran chkdsk and used Crystal Disk Info to check the health of my SSD. See screenshot below.

Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

Log filesRandom BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL :DESKTOP-V65Q7UT-(2020-03-20_12-20-44).zip

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit Build 18363.720.

:)

PHVNTOM, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Mar 20, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

Basically you need to go back to the step described in my post #121

As the freeze happens when you leave the system idle for a while it is most likely a driver associated with a background process that starts up when the system is idle for while. You might be able to search the event information logs to check which services started around the exact time of the freeze.

philc43, Mar 20, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Random BSODs freezing

2. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  3. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  4. BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash: The information of my pc and minidump files are in the below link. It crashed many times when I use my PC recently, and it seemed to be random crash. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8w-_SwduI3pj01ne_xH6wvdzFd?e=Psl4iE...
  5. Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver_irql_not_less_or_equal: My pc having some problems. It goes on bluescreen randomly and the error is: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Caused by: ntoskrnl.exe Pc build: Intel i7 8700K Nvidia geforce gtx 1080 16 GB ram venegance rgb Samsung evo 960 250gb Crucial ssd 500gb Seagate hdd 1tb...
  6. Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys

Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys: I keep getting this BSOD. Unsure what the root cause is. I've already attempted a system restore to the oldest point, but that did not resolve the issue. The issue only began recently (last few weeks?). Logs are attached. 115250
  7. Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal

Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal: I'm randomly getting these BSODs, weather i'm playing a game or just browsing the internet. I'm not sure what causes them but I'm thinking it might be something to do with either my USB WiFi adapter or my latest AMD Graphics drivers i updated recently. Here's the latest...
  8. BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) randomly Windows 10

BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) randomly Windows 10: My computer experienced randomly BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It started from last month. No hardware changed from January. I remembered the first two crash occured while downloading a big file and I guess may related to the my usb wireless driver? But I have...
  9. Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, I've been having issues on and off over the past week or two with randomly appearing BSODs reporting the error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I know it means there's something going on with my drivers but I'm not sure what's going on. I can't pinpoint what...
  10. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly: I randomly (and commonly) get BSoDs with a bug check string of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x0000000a) or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x000000d1). I can't seem to find the driver that is causing these random blue screens, there doesn't seem to be a reason either...