Windows 10: random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

Discus and support random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cradac, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Cradac Win User

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue screens and none of my games working. In the beginning this meant that the PC would blue screen but in the meanwhile, after some of the measures listed below it means that the game will simply crash to desktop. Sometimes apps like Discord and Spotify will also just close without any warning.I already did the following things:

:)

Cradac, Apr 21, 2024
  2. Tebi Sa Win User

Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your computer. Random crashes and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors can be frustrating to troubleshoot, but analyzing minidump files can provide valuable information about the underlying causes.

Unfortunately, as a text-based AI model, I'm unable to directly access or analyze files or attachments. However, I can provide you with some general guidance on how to analyze minidump files yourself or suggest alternative troubleshooting steps.

1. Analyzing minidump files:
      • To analyze minidump files, you'll need a debugger tool like WinDbg, which is part of the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK). Install the SDK and WinDbg on your computer.
      • Open WinDbg and go to "File" > "Open Crash Dump." Browse and select the minidump file you want to analyze.
      • WinDbg will load the minidump and display information about the crash. Look for the error message or the faulting module that caused the crash. This information can help identify the potential cause of the problem.
      • If you're unfamiliar with WinDbg or analyzing minidump files, you can search for specific error messages or faulting modules online or seek help from forums and communities dedicated to Windows troubleshooting.
    2. Alternative troubleshooting steps:
      • Since you suspect faulty RAM, testing it with new RAM modules is a good step. Faulty RAM can cause various stability issues, including crashes and BSOD errors. Consider ordering new RAM and replacing the existing modules to see if it resolves the problem.
      • Ensure that all your drivers, including motherboard chipset drivers, graphics card drivers, and other hardware drivers, are up to date. Outdated or incompatible drivers can lead to system instability.
      • Monitor your computer's temperature using software like HWMonitor or Core Temp. Overheating components can cause crashes. Make sure your computer's cooling system is working properly and clean any dust buildup on the CPU cooler and other components.
      • Check for any recently installed software or drivers that may be causing conflicts. Uninstalling or rolling back recent changes can help isolate the problem.
      • If the issues persist, you may want to consider seeking assistance from a professional computer technician or contacting the customer support of your computer's manufacturer.
    Remember to always back up your important data before making any major changes to your system or replacing hardware components.

I hope these suggestions help you in troubleshooting and resolving the issues you're experiencing with your computer.

Tebi Sa, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Avelin77 Win User
    random game crashes and BSOD

Its been about 2 months since my games started randomly crashing to desktop or restarting my pc with bsod. I get different error codes everytime, some of these include IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_READONLY_MEMORY and many others. There seems to be no link between these and i tried many many fixes yet nothing really worked. Sometimes game just crashes to desktop after 3 hours of playing, sometimes it gives me bluescreen after 20 minutes. Any game from League of legends to Call of Duty, there seems to be no link between the crashes and my setup should be able to run all these games on medium/high settings no problem, like it did before. Things i checked/fixed/did:

• Check RAM with repair tools
    • Clean installed Nvidia and Intel drivers for gpu and cpu
    • Uninstalling old gamepad drivers i had
    • I am updating Windows daily
    • Checked temperatures with MSIafterburnner
    • Went from overclock back to regular mode (Ai overclock)
    • SFC / SCANNOW and other scans many times
    • And reainstalled Windows itself
    Last possibility is my Power Supply which is, unlike the rest of the PC, pretty old, but it does have enough capacity. I changed nothing in my hardware for more than a year, it worked fine until now. Drivers up to date, PC cleaned and Windows updated, im really clueless to whats happening,

My build:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10600K CPU
    • Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    • Patriot Viper RAM 4000 2x8 GB
    • Asus Z490-A Motherboard
    • 1 high end cpu fan
    • 2 low end chassis fans (old but working fine)
    • Windows 11 64-bit
    • The power supply
    Minidump: Microsoft OneDrive

Please help random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard :(

Avelin77, Apr 21, 2024
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard - Similar Threads - random BSODs games

2. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  3. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  4. BSOD Crashes after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crashes after installing new CPU: Hello, I recently bought a new cpu a Ryzen 5 3600, but after installing it my pc started to blue screen with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. They are not consistent with the errors. I can go on playing games for a while but when I do something...
  5. BSOD Crashes after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crashes after installing new CPU: Hello, I recently bought a new cpu a Ryzen 5 3600, but after installing it my pc started to blue screen with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. They are not consistent with the errors. I can go on playing games for a while but when I do something...
  6. BSOD Crashes after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU

BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU: I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU while keeping my current SSD which holds Windows 10.I've been getting this error at random times and I don't know how to fix it"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe"Here is the dump file from said recent...
  8. BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU: I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU while keeping my current SSD which holds Windows 10.I've been getting this error at random times and I don't know how to fix it"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe"Here is the dump file from said recent...
  9. BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. BSOD Issue: Occurring after install of new motherboard and CPU

BSOD Issue: Occurring after install of new motherboard and CPU: Hi, I have installed a new MB and CPU recently but I keep running into BSOD. The majority of the day, PC runs fine but crashes randomly. This has been happening for 3 days, I must note that it usually crashes whilst in a game but not all the time. I've checked drivers and...