Windows 10: Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

Discus and support Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past week or so I've been getting random BSODs with the error "Bad_Pool_Caller" out of the blue with no warning at all *Mad. Usually only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jcorella17, May 18, 2016.

1. Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

Over the past week or so I've been getting random BSODs with the error "Bad_Pool_Caller" out of the blue with no warning at all *Mad. Usually only happens 1-2 times a day after using my PC for a while (20-40 minutes), If I restart it after the crash it's usually fine for the rest of the day unless I restart it again in which case it usually crashes to the same BSOD again.

There is no specific usage circumstance in which the BSOD occurs, I can be idle or playing hardware intensive games and it will happen randomly.

DM Log file is attached.

Thanks in advance to those that can help.

:)

Jcorella17, May 18, 2016

2. Recurring BSOD crashes after using specific software (Axure RP Pro)

The causes of the BSOD's are related to BAD_POOL_CALLER and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION related to the drivers; ntoskrnl.exe+16c560 and win32kbase.sys

StefanoToledo, May 18, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 18, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

Code: BugCheck C2, {7, 126c, 0, ffffe0001e16e9f8} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys fffff803209f6520: Unable to get MiVisibleState Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+9bb0 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] There is a single BSOD crash dump in the uploaded zip; and that is apparently a Malwarebytes caused internet blockage BSOD.

Based on it, I would suggest you to uninstall Malwarebytes and install a fresh downloaded copy of it.

See how it goes. Let us know.

5. axe0 New Member
    This is a known problem with Malwarebytes & Bitdefender: a driver conflict between MBAM & Bitdefender.
    I'm not sure if a fresh copy would help resolve the problem given that it doesn't work for many with similar cases.

6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

7. axe0 New Member
    Sorry for the interruption, I didn't meant to do it, but I only wanted to let the OP know about it as the calls in the stack are similar to the BSODs I've had & seen.
    I'll leave it to you for the rest.

8. Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

My bitdefender is only a 30 day free trial with 9 days renaming. (Buying a key when it expires)
    No cracked anti-virus program is on my PC.

I'm currently in the process of re-installing Mbam and I'll update this soon with another DM log if I encounter a BSOD just encase. (I did a disk cleanup recently so some of the dumps may have not existed in that previous log)

Jcorella17, May 18, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    When the BitDefender expires, uninstall it and activate windows defender. *Wink

10. Looks like there may not be a reason for uninstalling BitDefender.
    After re-installed Mbam and re-adding an exception for Mbam in BD I've not experienced any BSOD at all recently *Biggrin

I'll mark this thread as solved before I go to bed today if it remains the same way.

Jcorella17, May 19, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I would suggest you give it a few more days. Wait at least two/three days before deciding that the issue is solved.

12. Gah! Went 5 days without problem then it returned.
    Logged on and got a random "Bad_Pool_Caller" BSOD when using google chrome.
    I changed my page file's maximum limit yesterday and restarted to make sure it was in effect, I experienced no problems that day. I just changed my page file back to normal system managed on both C: and G: encase it was the problem.

DM Log file is attached.

Jcorella17, May 22, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

Same thing.
    Code: BugCheck C2, {7, 126c, 130, ffffe001cdca53d8} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys fffff8008dd9d520: Unable to get MiVisibleState Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+9bb0 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] As you have already aware that it it may be a conflict with your installed antivirus program, uninstall BitDefender. Activate windows defender. Give it some time, like at least a couple of weeks. See how it goes and decide accordingly.

14. Alright, finally gave up on bitdefender
    Tried and failed

I've uninstalled it and moved onto windows defender, but when I attempt to boot it up, it gets turned off within 10 seconds. Any idea what's going on?

Update: I used the bitdefender uninstall tool and it re-enabled Windows Defender.

Thank you for all the help you've given me Arc! *Biggrin

Jcorella17, May 28, 2016
  15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Welcome, mate.

Windows Defender + MBAM Pro means sound system security. Now one more thing you will need, that is self consciousness. When these three are there, it is compact security.

Thema:

1. Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller" - Similar Threads - Random BSODs Bad_Pool_Caller

2. Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hi, I built my PC 12 days ago. I have two issues left after doing everything I knew until now. One is a BSoD/crash BAD_POOL_CALLER that happens ... sometimes. 5 days ago, 3 days ago and yesterday. One was while I was watching a low-res video in my browser and another was...
  3. BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER

BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hello, I've been experiencing some troubles using my computer. The main problem is: it's crashing every single hour of use with the BSOD (Bug Check String: BAD_POOL_CALLER). I've used BlueScreenView to check more details about the crash. Also, I've followed some procedures,...
  4. BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller

BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller: Hello Community :) I am new here, so I don't know if I am exactly right here. Since a couple of weeks I am having issues with getting a bluescreen that says: "BAD_POOL_CALLER" around every 2 days. I have the minidump file + the systeminfo file. Where do I upload it so you...
  5. Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER

Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER: For the last few months I have been getting these random BSODs. All due to BAD_POOL_CALLER with Bug Check Code 0x000000c2. I ran MEMTEST for 24+ hours without any issues so there is no problem with the system memory. Then downloaded a utility (BlueScrenView) which analyzed...
  6. Bsod bad_pool_caller

Bsod bad_pool_caller: About every two weeks, I get a BSOD with error BAD_POOL_CALLER when browsing the internet with Firefox. Attached is the DM Log. Attachment 73788Attachment 73788 Thanks for your assistance. Joe LaPointe 46638
  7. Random BSOD (Bad_Pool_Caller) when doing nothing. fwpkcInt.sys & NetIO

Random BSOD (Bad_Pool_Caller) when doing nothing. fwpkcInt.sys & NetIO: Recently moved my pc to another town. Within the first or second day i started to experience BSODs randomly. Cannot pin point any updates or anything else. Attached minidump file. Could anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated! Edit: I've essentially...
  8. Bad_pool_caller bsod

Bad_pool_caller bsod: Hello, I have gotten a this BSOD a couple of times, sort of back to back. Both times I was just browsing the web at the time. I should also add that I am currently also having problems updating my Windows as well but I'm not sure if these are connected. 51517
  9. Bsod - bad_pool_caller

Bsod - bad_pool_caller: Greets. First time ever I hear of this particular error code. As per instructions I include the debug zip used with your tool. I have also made an UNGINE Heaven Benchmark and have the result should it be needed. The BSOD happened while playing Lord of The Rings Online...
  10. bsod bad_pool_caller

bsod bad_pool_caller: have been having very very frequent bsod with the error bad_pool_caller. i'm not sure what details to add, but lmk. thanks. 32419