Windows 10: Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.

Discus and support Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The may 2019 update forced itself upon my computer at the end of August and ever since I have been plagued with BSODs with the vague descriptor of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by James_340, Oct 3, 2019.

1. James_340 Win User

Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.

The may 2019 update forced itself upon my computer at the end of August and ever since I have been plagued with BSODs with the vague descriptor of "critical_process_died". These BSODs never generate dump files, the BSOD just sits at 0% indefinitely while my CPU fan whirs up louder and louder until I finally turn the computer off. There is no consistent pattern in when they appear, sometimes it happens while the computer is booting up and it never makes it to my desktop, sometimes I can surf the web for hours, sometimes it'll crash after 20 minutes of use. The most consistent crash is when I'm trying to work in a VM and I click out of the VM.

I've tried every solution I can think of, I've updated every driver, I've run SFC, I've reinstalled windows, I've run memtest to see if my RAM is faulty, I've even ordered a new PSU on the miniscule chance that maybe that's causing the problem though I have no real reason to believe that. These problems started after this useless update was installed against my will and now my computer is so unreliable that it's almost unusable.

I need this computer in order to do my work and Microsoft has destroyed it. I need a solution and I need it soon, it's a miracle I was even able to type this without any BSODs occurring, 8 have happened to me tonight alone. If I can't get a solution in the next couple days and a new PSU doesn't solve this, then I have no choice but to install a Linux distro instead.

:)

James_340, Oct 3, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update. - Similar Threads - Random BSODs ever

2. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  3. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  4. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  5. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  6. Random crashes/BSOD since May.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random crashes/BSOD since May.: Specs. Somewhere in May, I started having random crashes on my computer, in varying types. Type 1 is your general bluescreen. It gives me about eight different messages, and is by far the most common. Type 2 is less common, and a little more strange. Sometimes, activity...
  7. BSODs since May

BSODs since May: I started getting random BSODs on my PC CPU: i9-9900K with be quiet! DARK ROCK 4 cooler; GPU: MSI 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio; Motherboard: MSI Z390 Pro Carbon; RAM: 2 sticks 32 GB total of HyperX Fury Black 2400; Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000 T2. I have been getting various...
  8. no Updates for since May 4 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no Updates for since May 4 2019: Hello, I've been noticing there is no updates every day since May 4, 2019. I check it every day, maybe not on weekends. Now I'm getting worried why is this happening, can you help me with this situation. I do not see anything wrong except for this. this is a new desktop...
  9. May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update: Hello. I was wondering when the 1903 of windows will be released? How many weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-update/e1ff5233-7c1c-4c7f-8fe3-cd9d0089c39c
  10. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

BSOD at random times ever since PC was built: I built my PC last year and have been getting random BSODs ever since. I have reinstalled and updated Windows 2 or 3 times, but it has no effect. I even rebuilt my PC recently, which stopped BSODs for a few days, but now they are happening again. I thought it could be the...