Windows 10: Random BSODs every few days

Discus and support Random BSODs every few days in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daron Nichols, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Random BSODs every few days

For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys12/27/22 : ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORYI've done virus scans, driver verifier, Check Disk scans, and memory diagnostic scans, as well as third party tests of my GPU memory. I have not gotten any errors. I have no idea what is causing these issues. I have recently replaced my Power Supply Un

:)

Daron Nichols, Jan 7, 2023
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jan 7, 2023
  4. TyloRen Win User

Random BSODs every few days

Random BSODs Throughout The Day

Attachment 69824

Hi All,

As the title says, I am getting random BSODs throughout the day on my machine. Funny part is that I haven't actually seen what the BSOD errors are; I'll just step away from my computer and it's restarted because of BSOD. You'll see from my logs that on one night alone when I left my computer on and charging overnight that it crashed and rebooted over 40 times.

In any case, hoping someone can take a look at the logs and isolate the issue. Happy to provide any additional information that might help.

Thanks in advance!

Update: Computer just had a BSOD and the error was "REGISTRY_ERROR".

TyloRen, Jan 7, 2023
Thema:

Random BSODs every few days

1. Random BSODs every few days - Similar Threads - Random BSODs every

2. random BSOD every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSOD every day: my laptop, MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFR. gets random BSOD once a day since last month. I tried sfc scan, dism restorehealth, chkdsk already but it did not help.Event viewer only show that dump file creation failed. so, I ran driver verifier.this is a Minidump.rar from it. Thanks in...
  3. random BSOD every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random BSOD every day: my laptop, MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFR. gets random BSOD once a day since last month. I tried sfc scan, dism restorehealth, chkdsk already but it did not help.Event viewer only show that dump file creation failed. so, I ran driver verifier.this is a Minidump.rar from it. Thanks in...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  7. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  8. Random BSODs - can be a few per day, or a few days between BSODs

Random BSODs - can be a few per day, or a few days between BSODs: Hi, I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed any light on this. The PC was originally Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. The crashes seem to be random, sometimes when it's sitting idle, sometimes whilst I'm working. I have run METEST86+ for 11...
  9. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...