Windows 10: Random BSODs need help

Discus and support Random BSODs need help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is the second time I am posting this, couse I didnt get any replies last time, so hopefully things will go better this time. I did get another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikehatz, Oct 8, 2020.

1. mikehatz Win User

Random BSODs need help

This is the second time I am posting this, couse I didnt get any replies last time, so hopefully things will go better this time. I did get another blue screen in those days which is also uploaded. Here we go:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

So I ve been having issues with blue screens since I updated my platform. Right now, this is my setup:

cpu: ryzen 5 3600

gpu: msi rx 5600xt gaming x

mobo: gigabyte b450 aorus pro

ram: corsair lpx 2x8gb 3000mhz

psu: seasonic core 500w

drives: 1x ssd kingston a400 250gb 1x western digital blue 1tb

So the blue screens are completely random and happen at comepletely random moments. I can be playing for 3 hours without any issues and then I am getting a crash while watching a youtube video. Its not only bluescreens that are happening though. Many times games would crash with no apparent reason and without giving me an error, most notably pubg. Most of the blue screens seem to be connected to ntkernel in the crash dumps and contain IRQL in the name with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL being the most common.

What I ve tried so far is.

1. Run memtest86 dual channel and it passed without issues

2. Run occt for 4 hours without any issues

3. Updated bios to latesetF51 from F50 version which helped a lot with the overall stability, but I am still getting some blue screens

4. removed and reconnected ram sticks

5. changed sata cables and sata ports on mobo

6. run driver verifier for all the drivers for about 30 mins, but turned it off couse the pc was unusable

7. downgraded from windows 10 2004 to 1909 which also seems to have helped with stability

8. ckecked mobo for blown capacitors or smell but it was clear

9. sfc scannow CHKDSK and both passed no problem

10. antivirus scanbitdefender free without problems

I ve read on some forums that the bios F41 version is the most stable version but I havent tried it.

I have the latest chipset and gpu drivers from AMD site. I also downloaded driver booster 8 just to check, and it did find some AHCI drivers which it updated.

My ssd status is "good 93%" on CrystalDiskInfo, but sometimes when I run CrystalDiskMark its write speed underperforms, giving me 50mb/s. Dont know if that's an issue or not.

I upgraded my gpu, and the issue kept happening so it most likely has nothing to do with gpu.

A last note that I dont think is important, my cpu was dropped and some pins got bent, but I bent them back again and everthing went in their socket. Since occt run for 4 hours without issues, I didnt give this much attention.

I uploaded the crash dumps on dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/064wif040v3f37a/AAAKz9S5qS9Q2trmL5GeCx7Ua?dl=0

These are the ones that happened since I downgraded to windows 10 1909. I lost the others when formating, but a lot of them where IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

This issue has being going on for months and it's driving me crazy. I would much rather know that I had a failing cpu or mobo than be uncertain about everything...

If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

:)

mikehatz, Oct 8, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Oct 8, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs need help

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

Thema:

Random BSODs need help

1. Random BSODs need help - Similar Threads - Random BSODs need

2. Help with random BSOD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with random BSOD's: After following this forum, I've compiled all of my recent BSOD Crashes, and need help to specifically figure out what is causing them, best I've been able to nail down is a driver named; FNETHYRAMAS.SYS, using Driver Verifier, and having it show up as a BSOD Stop code:...
  3. Need help diagnosing random BSODS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help diagnosing random BSODS: For a while now approx 6 months I have been getting many different kinds of blue screens. Most commonly I get BSODS with the error code system_service_exeption or irql_not_less_or_equal. These errors used to only occur when I played games and it wasn't frequently. Now, these...
  4. Need help with random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with random BSODs: Hi all, I've been having random BSODs for a while now and they're making me crazy. The BSODs happen randomly throughout the day, sometimes 2-3 times in a day. It tends to happen more if I'm Remote Desktop to connect to another PC. The errors are also random:...
  5. Random BSOD, need help troubleshooting

Random BSOD, need help troubleshooting: Hello, I put my first computer together almost 2 months ago. In the more recent month have had 3 BSOD's. They are not close together, usually at least a week apart. If this is the wrong place to ask please let me know. My set up is as follows: OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit...
  6. Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting

Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting: Before I get into the problem, my specs are as follows: Motherboard: Asus Strix X 570 F CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 usually auto boosting to 4.2ghz. My CPU is also being cooled by a corsair AIO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080 non-oc model and no overclock has been administered on the...
  7. Random BSoD help

Random BSoD help: Hi there. I've been getting random blue screens for a while now and could really use some help in tracking this down. I have an AMD 3700x with 32gb of ram on a Gigabyte Aorus Elite wifi mobo. Please help. These are getting really frustrating. Included is a link to my minidump...
  8. Need help, random BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, random BSODs: Recently I've been facing a lot of BSODs in one partition of my PC, the event viewer shows a volmgr error with event ID 161 Whenever this happens my Windows can't create a dump, so I can't analyze what exactly is wrong with my computer. I searched a lot about this error on...
  9. Help with random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with random BSODs: I recently upgraded a PC for a friend from an Intel G4560 to an MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard with a Ryzen 3600 processor. Ever since this upgrade he's been experiencing random blue screens, sometimes more frequently than others. I've done everything I can think of to try...
  10. Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file

Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file: Hi everyone, I bought a new computer a few days ago. I put it together with my brother, this wasn't the first machine we assembled, so everything should be fine on that front. Then, i installed up-to-date drivers from the manufacturer's homepages for my Mainboard and...