Windows 10: Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming

Discus and support Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all! I have previously posted in this specific forum due to random BSOD's which had mostly taken the error of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by retr0, Dec 2, 2016.

1. retr0 Win User

Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming

Hello all!

I have previously posted in this specific forum due to random BSOD's which had mostly taken the error of
    but it has been quite a while since that post [I'll link it here] and I have lacked the time. Nevertheless, since lowering the RAM frequency, I have been getting blue screens regardless and so I assume that it took no adverse effect to the problem.

I'd like to also point out that rt640x64.sys was a particular cause into the
    error and so I manually found and downloaded the relevant driver for Realtek 8136/8168/8169 PCI/PCIe Adapters" as mentioned on WhoCrashed. Although, this did not resolve the issue.

To add on to the problem of these blue screens, I have also witnessed many accounts of a whole PC freeze if not a blue screen while playing games such as Rocket League and more recently Killing Floor 2. These spikes have taken various amount of time and can either semi-freeze my PC (I can still communicate through Discord) or a complete halt on the system (reset required). I've also noticed my GPU load at 100% at these times and RAM usage is also at a constant ~4GB out of the total 8GB (all the time & at idle) which I'm curious about.

Quite a bunch of information here, but any help whatsoever is much appreciated!

:)

retr0, Dec 2, 2016

2. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Also, i not that to geeky to comprehend what was written in the .DMP file, you can also check this:

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe Solved - Windows 10 Forums

it says that it regards the BIOS. . . . ?

Gina_on_the_thread, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Getting multiple BSOD's a week, no clue what the problem is.

These seem to be happening pretty much at random. Could be happening while playing games, but also while I'm not even active on the computer. Also doesn't seem related to how long the PC has been running. No idea if it's of any importance but I'll also add
    that not every crash is a BSOD. Sometimes it just freezes and I will have to reboot it myself.

These are my minidump files from my BSOD just a few minutes ago: Minidump.rar

Luc van der Heiden, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Latest dump has:
    Code: BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, 43b, 18287300, ffffad00f3853000} Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error. Arguments: Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page Arg2: 000000000000043b, physical page number Arg3: 0000000018287300, zero Arg4: ffffad00f3853000, zero[/quote] Time to test your RAM with memtest86+ (note the +). You have 8GB so 10 to 12 hours will be needed to let it run a minimum of 8 full passes. Any error indicates bad ram and you can stop the test and replace it.

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Dec 3, 2016
  5. retr0 Win User
    Hello, thanks for the advise and analysis!

I have been able to run MemTest86+ for a whopping 20 hours and fortunately, I have accumulated 10 total passes an no errors! (see attached picture)
    So I assume the problem lies within the software side of things...?

Thanks!

Attachment 112528

retr0, Dec 4, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, probably a drivr issue. Let's give Driver Verifier a try:

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Dec 4, 2016
  7. retr0 Win User
    Hello again!

It's been a while since I've updated on what's going on but I've been running Driver Verifier since you posted, so a couple odd days. However, judging by the advice on how long you should be running it for (48 hours), I decided to turn it off today as I didn't have any BSOD's while it was on in the background.
    Unfortunately, while I left the PC for a while, I return to find it had Blue Screened *Shock, back with the same causes ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe​. Would this mean I should re-enable DV again?

I've attached the dump.

Thanks!

retr0, Dec 10, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

No, DV is only used to try to cause device driver failures by making them work harder. You should not run with it enabled normally. It slows things down for sure.

I see some pretty old drivers on your system. For example:
    Code: 2008/07/26 14:29:37 \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\CAM_V3.sys 2011/07/12 22:00:01 \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL64 2011/07/22 00:03:00 \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV64 2012/12/04 09:49:28 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\amdide64.sys 2012/12/11 21:21:44 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\amdsbs.sys 2013/01/15 06:25:51 \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Drivers\AsrDrv101.sys[/quote] They may be perfectly fine but appear to be left over from a previous install. Did you upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to 10?
    If so, this might be a good time to backup your system then do a Clean Install of the latest available Windows 10 which is 14393. Apply all updates and it will make is 14393.479.

Restore your data and see how it runs.

Ztruker, Dec 11, 2016
  9. retr0 Win User
    Heyo,

This was a clean OS install, via the USB-image install method. I am currently running build 14393.576 (recently updated) and while I haven't had any BSODs, I have been getting frequent lock ups when the GPU is on max load (ie. via gaming). I've also suffered general video driver crashes (due to Radeon WattMan? even though it's off) so I'm not sure if that has a correlation to this.

However, I'll try and do a clean install as soon as and investigate whether the blue screens persist!

retr0, Dec 14, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Ok, thanks for the update.

Ztruker, Dec 15, 2016
  11. retr0 Win User
    ​I've completely reinstalled the OS and all was going well. However, I've unfortunately received a blue screen today bearing the name
    and 2-3 lock ups. I've attached the dump, thanks!

retr0, Dec 24, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Dump shows a problem with aswSnx.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8025cb29815, 1, 863} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys[/quote] This belongs to Avast anti-virus. Try uninstalling it and running with the built-in Windows Defender. This is what I use.

Ztruker, Dec 25, 2016
  13. retr0 Win User

Ah interesting, that's quite unexpected to say the least. I've never had problems with Avast; but there seems to be an update for it, so I'll see if that fixes up this, else I'll uninstall and resort to Windows Defender. Thanks!

retr0, Dec 25, 2016
  14. retr0 Win User
    Hello, it's been almost a week and I've actually had no blue screens within that time. However that streak came to a close with a blue screen:
    Quite worrisome as I haven't had this particular error before and I had checked that there was no RAM problems whatsoever.

retr0, Dec 30, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Latest dump indicates a problem with atikmdag.sys.
    Code: ffffe402`09e8d1b8 fffff803`57f6fb54*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0xdafb54[/quote] This belongs to the ATI Video driver.

Remove and install latest ATI Radeon drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the ATI display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you ATI Radeon card here: SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon™ R9 380 4G D5
    Then install only the graphics driver, not the Catalyst Control Center.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Dec 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's ntkrnlmp

2. PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD: Okay So since few days i have seen my PC Crashes while i am Playing a Game - theres no fixed time to when it will happen it happens anytime No durations Fixed either it will totally restart the pc or it will freeze until i Hard Restart My PC also Before 10 Seconds of freezing...
  3. PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD: Okay So since few days i have seen my PC Crashes while i am Playing a Game - theres no fixed time to when it will happen it happens anytime No durations Fixed either it will totally restart the pc or it will freeze until i Hard Restart My PC also Before 10 Seconds of freezing...
  4. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3F88c0 while gaming dump file:- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cdITI-h5u3Pwu9jk?e=tv7neu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f88c0-memorymanagement-while-gaming/0a479df5-3e07-4b4f-b20d-ca76d607aa94
  5. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3f8590 while gamingOnedrive[dump]:-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cbEuXcLPxov3GoDA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f8590-memorymanagement-while-gaming/f2c1c4fe-5a22-49ff-95b0-ce80bd6b3f6a
  6. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  7. PC randomly freezes while gaming

PC randomly freezes while gaming: Hello all, my PC started to randomly freeze while I am playing games,without showing a BSOD,but there are minidumps from those freezings/crashings. Here is the Vlog collector : DESKTOP-A00HG2C-(2020-07-13_11-45-17).zip My OS is Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  8. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  9. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...
  10. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error: Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I...