Windows 10: Random BSoD's occuring, even after Windows reinstall

Discus and support Random BSoD's occuring, even after Windows reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, and thank you in advance for any help. I'm having a very weird issue on my laptop - a Dell XPS 9560 with 16 GB ram, 1TB SSD, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J-Williams, May 28, 2020.

1. Random BSoD's occuring, even after Windows reinstall

Hello all, and thank you in advance for any help.

I'm having a very weird issue on my laptop - a Dell XPS 9560 with 16 GB ram, 1TB SSD, and i7-7700HQ.

After a Windows update on 5/21 which was a critical security update, I started experiencing random bluescreens of death. After turning of automatic restart because it restarted too fast to read the error code, I observed the following three error codes:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED most common

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I ran several hardware diagnostics in the system bios and inside of Windows, and all have passed.

Additionally, I haven't been able to find any root cause of the issue - in the Event Viewer, I just have a lot of information logs that seem normal, then the restart occurs no log immediately, a bunch of information logs, then a critical log saying that "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." see image here: https://imgur.com/a/KVR89BE . So, I'm stumped as to why this is happening.

After this, I noticed that I was missing a feature update, so I decided to try fully updating Windows. The problem persisted. I rolled back Windows to the point before the 5/21 update. It kept happening. Next, I fully updated my drivers and bios from inside the manufacturer's tool, SupportAssist.

At this point, I was dual booting with Linux, so I decided to remove that - Windows only now. Doesn't fix it.

I tried updating Windows again - because why not? It kept happening.

Finally, I reinstalled windows via the "Reset this PC" button in settings. After a long wait, I didn't see any BSoD's - success! I started to update windows again, because there was a critical security update to perform. Immediately after restarting to finish the update, it bluescreened again CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED. When prepping for a support chat, I performed used the system file checker, which did fix some corrupted files see log here https://pastebin.com/ebwgMVhR and here https://pastebin.com/LAh0m4DL - it was too large to fit into one pastebin.

So, that's where I am now. Current build is 18362.836. I'd like to finish updating windows Feature update 1909 is in the queue, but honestly I'm not sure if that would help or hurt anything, so I haven't done it

Please let me know if there's any other information that would be helpful to have.

:)

J-Williams, May 28, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSoD's occuring, even after Windows reinstall

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Random BSoD's occuring, even after Windows reinstall

1. Random BSoD's occuring, even after Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Random BSoD's occuring

2. Random BSOD even after reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD even after reinstall OS: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer. This is the ASUS TUF A15 FA507NV. Ryzen 7 7735HS, RTX 4060, 32 GB RAM. After the purchase, I additionally installed a 2 TB SSD. I regularly get BSOD or Frame freeze regardless of whether I'm currently gaming or browsing the...
  3. Random BSOD even after reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD even after reinstall OS: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer. This is the ASUS TUF A15 FA507NV. Ryzen 7 7735HS, RTX 4060, 32 GB RAM. After the purchase, I additionally installed a 2 TB SSD. I regularly get BSOD or Frame freeze regardless of whether I'm currently gaming or browsing the...
  4. BSOD occurence after windows reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD occurence after windows reinstall.: I got this error from the perfmon /rel command. I have had a series of blue screens and sudden pc reboots over the last few months that I chalked up to high temps or GPU/CPU power issues but after doign a fresh windows 10 reinstall, I am still getting errors like this one. If...
  5. BSOD occurence after windows reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD occurence after windows reinstall.: I got this error from the perfmon /rel command. I have had a series of blue screens and sudden pc reboots over the last few months that I chalked up to high temps or GPU/CPU power issues but after doign a fresh windows 10 reinstall, I am still getting errors like this one. If...
  6. BSOD occurence after windows reinstall.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random BSOD occurring

Random BSOD occurring: Hi I am facing random BSOD at random time. Some tine I one my pc and BSOD occurs and sometimes after opening an app. The most common BSOD I get is MEMORY_MANGEMENT. So I checked my RAM with Windows Memory diagnostic tool but it is saying that my RAM is good. So I have...
  8. BSOD occurs randomly

BSOD occurs randomly: Hi, I have BSODs occuring randomly, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes nothing for a week. The BSOD says MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR. I updated all the drivers to no avail. 63002
  9. BSOD randomly occurs

BSOD randomly occurs: I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down. 22402
  10. BSOD randomly occurs, even after clean install

BSOD randomly occurs, even after clean install: A few days ago I began having random freezes and crashes with my PC (not BSOD), and during troubleshooting I opted to reinstall my OS at some point, to cover all bases. I have since fixed the freezing and crashing-my hard drive that I use for secondary storage had gone bad-I...