Windows 10: Random BSODs on new PC

Discus and support Random BSODs on new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting really random crashes on my new PC. It's mostly new, only hard drives were transferred from my old one. The configuration is: Ryzen 3600X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CinnamonCoffin, May 17, 2020.

1. Random BSODs on new PC

I'm getting really random crashes on my new PC. It's mostly new, only hard drives were transferred from my old one. The configuration is:

• Ryzen 3600X
    • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
    • Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
    • CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport LT Gray DDR4 3200MHz 16GB Kit 2x8GB
    • CORSAIR CX650M 650W
    • 2 Kingston SSDs and one WD Black HDD.

I can get 3 of them in a day or go 2 weeks straight without a single one of them. The BSOD says that "irql_not_less_or_equal" and here's the minidump of the most recent one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/174KnafJ8RZ4UlQZU1lavtuRGVJ7JCxwi/view?usp=sharing

I've run Memtest and there were no errors, tried checking hard drives, and from what I could say they are healthy. CHKDSK found nothing as well. As I've said, crashes are pretty random and occur even when my PC is idle, I'd even say mostly when idle when browsing, watching YouTube, etc.. Please, could somebody take a look at the minidump I've provided and maybe see some hint to what's the problem exactly? Should I try updating my BIOS or is it unrelated? Most of my drivers are up-to-date and were reinstalled already.

:)

CinnamonCoffin, May 17, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 17, 2020
  4. Thrackan Win User

Random BSODs on new PC

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Random BSODs on new PC

1. Random BSODs on new PC - Similar Threads - Random BSODs

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  6. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  7. Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139: I have just installed 13 Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF Plus PC's, and across the PC's I keep getting random about once a day BDSOD, after which the PC will end on the RECOVERY "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen. From there the user can click through and get back to...
  8. Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139

Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139: I have just installed 13 Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF Plus PC's, and across the PC's I keep getting random about once a day BDSOD, after which the PC will end on the RECOVERY "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen. From there the user can click through and get back to...
  9. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  10. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...