Windows 10: Random BSOD's, Page Fault Errors

Discus and support Random BSOD's, Page Fault Errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting random BSOD's recently due to ntoskrnl.exe. The error I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I do not know what is causing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by qina, Jan 20, 2017.

1. qina Win User

Random BSOD's, Page Fault Errors

Hi,
    I am getting random BSOD's recently due to ntoskrnl.exe. The error I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I do not know what is causing the random BSOD's and it is very annoying.
    Also, when ever I start my laptop and open chrome; after a 1minute, my wifi disconnects and i get DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error from Chrome.

Now i doubt that the two are connected, but I have reinstalled the driver for my WIFI adapter.

Thanks for helping.
    I have attached the report.
    Attachment 117948

:)

2. Random BSOD error with Page fault in nonpage Area

I have tried the solution but actually the blue screen has already popped up before restarting

EdwardChing_930, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Random BSOD error with Page fault in nonpage Area

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you receiving an error Page fault in nonpage Area

It relates to a block of system memory that windows reserves for it`s self and its sole use.

The two types are a paged pool file, and a non paged pool file.

Both mean you have a problem with windows accessing the memory address of the system memory or ram.

I would suggest you to employ the Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit and check for results.

1. In the Start Search box type in mdsched and press the Enter Key.

2. The Windows Memory Diagnostic Toll will be launched.

3. Reboot your system and press F1 Key when Windows Memory Diagnostic is launched.

4. Choose what type of test you want to run from Basic,Standard and Extended. You can click on each option to go through the description so that you can select the desired one.

5. Choose the cache setting from Default,on and off you want for each test.

6. Set the total number of times the entire test mix will repeat (Max=15).

7. Press F10 to launch the test.

Please reply on this with the results and we would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Golden Win User

Code: ******************************************************************************** * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 50, {fffffa00006f56d8, 0, fffff801c58228f2, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys Could not read faulting driver name *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption --------- 5: kd> lmvm bcmw163a Browse full module list start end module name 5: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a Browse full module list start end module name fffff809`eced0000 fffff809`edb76000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri May 15 07:38:53 2015 (555515ED) CheckSum: 00AAC138 ImageSize: 00CA6000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] The problem seems to lie with an outdated broadcom adapter driver.

Check for an updated driver here, if you havent already done so:
    Support

Alternatively, see if Windows Update offers to download an updated driver and use that instead.

Golden, Jan 21, 2017
  5. qina Win User
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have updated the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter to version 7.35.267.0 which I found on the Dell website.
    Lets see how that goes with BSOD's.

6. qina Win User
    nope. i just had another 1.
    Attachment 118079

7. Golden Win User
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 50, {fffffa00006f56d8, 0, fffff801c58228f2, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys Could not read faulting driver name *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption --------- 5: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a Browse full module list start end module name fffff809`eced0000 fffff809`edb76000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri May 15 07:38:53 2015 (555515ED) CheckSum: 00AAC138 ImageSize: 00CA6000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] You need to double-check things. You are getting the same BSOD with exactly the same driver with exactly the same date.

You certainly have an issue with the network device/driver:

Code: Event[16421]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2017-01-22T18:53:03.438 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: aniqpirzada Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffffc80006f56d8, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff800740978f2, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: acf716d7-8952-4603-a499-4a71653298fa. Event[16422]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2017-01-22T18:52:59.469 Event ID: 41 Task: N/A Level: Critical Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: aniqpirzada Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Event[16423]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2017-01-22T18:52:59.470 Event ID: 172 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: aniqpirzada Description: Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance[/quote]

Golden, Jan 22, 2017
  8. qina Win User

i uninstalled the driver, and let windows install it by it self and it seems to be working. If i get another BSOD' ill post it here.

qina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD's, Page Fault Errors - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's Page

2. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  3. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  4. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSoD error "page fault in non=page area"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD error "page fault in non=page area": I have recently been getting the BSoD error "page fault in non-page area" - three times today. I also had a "Memory management" error. Other issues that may or may not be related: MS Word in Office 365 has started loading automatically on startup w. blank page. Gives an...
  6. BSOD with PAGE FAULT Random when gaming

BSOD with PAGE FAULT Random when gaming: I get random bsod when playing games etc or browsing internet. I tried SFC DISM no way to restore windows to previous versions - grayed out I am 1909 VERSION 16GB RAM 2700X AMD RYZEN RTX 2070 SUPERGAMING OC X470 Asrock Master Sli no AV software installled just...
  7. BSOD error "page fault in nonpaged area"

BSOD error "page fault in nonpaged area": Whenever I try to update windows 10 pro version to 1903 from 1803 blue screen error occurs, the description says 'page fault in nonpaged area'. I tried to find the reason using dump file but the report says something about 'ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe' This happens only when...
  8. BSOD page fault in no pages area

BSOD page fault in no pages area: For a few weeks now I've been getting BSOD mostly while using internet browser (chrome). I've tried all the trouble shooting step including anti virus scans, registry clean ups, dusting out computer vents, changing settings for paging, adjusting chrome settings etc. I have...
  9. "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" BSOD with random hard freeze

"Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" BSOD with random hard freeze: Hi all, I just upgraded my GPU 5 months ago. After the upgrade, I managed to boot my computer with no problems at all, until it started giving me random freeze recently when i run some heavy applications. PC will hard freeze and audio will hang. Only way to end it is to...
  10. Page Fault- totally random times

Page Fault- totally random times: I've been battling a BSOD.. mostly Page Fault in a non-paged area. Sometimes critical Process Died... maybe a few others.. Complete random times. The pc is about 5 months old, check the specs down below. In my googlefoo of dealing with this Page Fault tends to point to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random bsod errors

2. lenovo yoga 730 had bsod page fault and now will not boot

3. windows crashes with random errors