Windows 10: Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice?

Discus and support Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC since building has randomly been crashing and BSOD'ing very frequently. I get different error codes almost every time. Sometimes, the PC will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnStuOnyPotMas, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice?

My PC since building has randomly been crashing and BSOD'ing very frequently. I get different error codes almost every time. Sometimes, the PC will restart without BSOD'ing, and sometimes it will BSOD and not create a dump file which is really frustrating.

Here is my build:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600

GPU: EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB

MOBO: MSI B450M Gaming Plus

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

PSU: Corsair RMx 2018 650W

Wifi Card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCIe x1

Here are some of the error codes I've seen there are certainly more from my PC crashing while away:

1. KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

4. KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE

5. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

6. SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

8. SECURE_KERNEL_ERRORWhat failed: Ntfs.sys

9. KERNEL_THREAD_PRIORITY_FLOOR_VIOLATION

10. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

11. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

12. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: storport.sys

13. FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION

14. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

15. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed: win32kbase.sys

16. ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_READONLY_MEMORYWhat failed: ndis.sys

17. HYPERVISOR_ERROR

18. KERNEL_LOCK_ENTRY_LEAKED_ON_THREAD_TERMINATION

19. KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

20. MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

21. IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

22. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

23. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONWhat failed: nvlddmkm.sys

What I've tried:

1. Tried updating all the drivers and BIOS

2. Ran Memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic on RAM 0 errors

3. Switched RAM slots and tried using one stick at a time same behavior

4. Tried switching PSUs with a friend's PSU same behavior

5. Tried switching GPUs with a friend's GPU same behavior

6. Ran Checkdisk and Samsung Magician for my SSD 0 errors

7. Clean installed Windows right now, only drivers are installed

8. Ran driver Verifier and found 0 errors. The last couple BSODs happened during the running of the verifier, which may or may not be related.

9. Disabled XMP and increased DRAM voltage by 0.05V. Decreased after no behavioral change

10. Booted in safe mode

11. Ran stress tests and found that temperatures did not exceed my maximum CPU temperature. Crashes were not correlated to any stress tests.

12. RMA'ed my MOBO. MSI reflashed it and said there were no issues.

13. Ran DDU uninstaller in safe mode to clean install my audio and GPU drivers.

14. All the events are Kernel-Power 41 events with EventLog 6008

When I check BlueScreenViewer to view my dumpfiles 5 most recent, ntoskrnl.exe is the common culprit behind all of them, but two of them also have nvlddmkm.sys highlighted as well.

I've been troubleshooting this for quite a while, and I'm not sure how to pinpoint the issue. Anyone else seen anything like this before? I feel like even GeekSquad would have trouble figuring out what's going on here.

Thanks

:)

AnStuOnyPotMas, Apr 8, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Apr 8, 2020
  4. herrshaun Win User

Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice?

[SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice?

1. Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice? - Similar Threads - Random BSODs tried

2. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  3. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  4. Random BSODs almost daily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs almost daily: Hey, so randomly when I am gaming, watching YouTube and things like that I will randomly BSOD, with the error in the event viewer A fatal hardware error has occurred. A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check...
  5. Almost 2yrs of random BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost 2yrs of random BSOD: Almost 2 years now i have random BSOD with random stop codes and at random times while playing , browsing or just idle i ve installed and reintalled windows 10 some times, changed drivers graphics card etc and testing all of them , bios update tried all available nothing...
  6. BSOD almost every day

BSOD almost every day: I have done the minidump procedure to record the .dmp files using Verifier. Please assist if possible. Would much appreciate. Minidump located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AslxUqbfl8zftWkCUTAQm8ILrwnR?e=ecyIwz Thank you!...
  7. Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice?

Random BSODs, tried almost every possible fix. Advice?: My PC since building has randomly been crashing and BSOD'ing very frequently. I get different error codes almost every time, but every time I check the event viewer, it is a Kernel Power error. When I check BlueScreenView, the leading cause is almost always ntoskrnl.exe with...
  8. BSOD on almost every startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on almost every startup: I'll keep this one simple. Using Windows 10, somewhere along the line with one of the major update pushes my PC when turned on or rebooted would NSOD loop. Luckily sometimes would loop once or twice, sometimes even more... I did do a Startup log and tried removing the last...
  9. BSOD randomly every few hours; tried recommended fixes; 0x8007001E

BSOD randomly every few hours; tried recommended fixes; 0x8007001E: I have random crashes that I can't seem to fix. It happens once every 3-4 hours it seems, but it's not a regular thing - i.e., can go all day with no problems, while other times it can crash twice in an hour. I've tried the generic 'sfc /scannow' and DISM tool fixes I...
  10. Random BSOD almost everyday

Random BSOD almost everyday: Hi, almost for a month now I'm getting random BSOD once a day with no matter what I'm doing (mostly when I watch video or play something). It often happens when I play LOL, but I can still play big games like Witcher 3 or Overwatch and nothing will crash... I had my GPU...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synthetic watchdog timeout