Windows 10: Random BSODs - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP afd.sys

Discus and support Random BSODs - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP afd.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, looks like I'm back *Sad PC was fine for quite a while but every few weeks I do get BSOD.... 6th of june: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED 23th of july:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Macpot, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Macpot Win User

Random BSODs - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP afd.sys

Hey, looks like I'm back *Sad

PC was fine for quite a while but every few weeks I do get BSOD....

6th of june: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    23th of july: MEMORY_MANAGMENT
    today (5mins ago): UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP afd.sys

Would as always appreciate help.

Thanks a lot guys, always appreciate you taking time for me!

:)

Macpot, Jul 31, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Jessen P Win User
    BSOD dxgmms2.sys

Hi Dan,

Is it a random BSOD or fixed BSOD?

Dxgmms.sys is a DirectX file.

Try the steps mentioned below if it's a random BSOD.

Method 1: I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Blue screen issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter and you may try to update all the drivers in the Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please revert if you get the blue screen.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Random BSODs - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP afd.sys - Similar Threads - Random BSODs UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

2. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd: Been getting random BSODs after startup, usually 30 minutes-2 hours. Here is the minidump:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true...
  3. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd: Been getting random BSODs after startup, usually 30 minutes-2 hours. Here is the minidump:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true...
  4. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Netwtw10.sys: Доброго дня! Вдруге за декілька місяців з‘являється блакитний екран з помилкою, яку невдається виправити. Вона виникає під час увімкнення браузеру та відкриття декількох вкладок. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPWhat failed: Netwtw10.sysЩо я вже встигла зробити?1....
  5. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Netwtw10.sys: Доброго дня! Вдруге за декілька місяців з‘являється блакитний екран з помилкою, яку невдається виправити. Вона виникає під час увімкнення браузеру та відкриття декількох вкладок. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPWhat failed: Netwtw10.sysЩо я вже встигла зробити?1....
  6. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP netwtw10.sys

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP netwtw10.sys: So i was scrolling through neocities in Firefox Developer Edition, i found neoratz on neocities, i clicked enter, i left it there, along with a bunch of other programs running such as the Scratch 1.4 editor, then, something similar to the image below appeared on my monitor...
  8. BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap: Hello everyone, First time posting here and I am completely lost on what to do. I have tried everything I could think of to fix this issue and have not been able to find a solution. Hoping someone here can help. I have been getting random BSOD's for a few months now. I...
  9. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys)

BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys): Hi all, Having intermittent troubles with BSODs, not sure of the cause, usually happens during general use (Chrome browsing, VLC media player running). Here are the log files - and help would be much appreciated! Attachment 114878 73358
  10. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP): Every time I get on league of legends or any thing that uses graphics, I get the BSOD UNEXEPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. This is extremely annoying and also happens when I watch YouTube videos. This is a brand new computer I built myself and didn't have any problems until I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 afd.sys bsod