Windows 10: Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?

Discus and support Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Warmest greetings to any who might be able to provide me a bit of insight. I have a 2016 HP Envy that has given me no problems in the last 14 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Supermassive, May 9, 2017.

1. Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?

Warmest greetings to any who might be able to provide me a bit of insight.

I have a 2016 HP Envy that has given me no problems in the last 14 months that I've owned it. In March I added a new audio DAC (external hardware, USB) to my system and installed and configured Foobar2000 for FLAC file playback and whatnot. Well, I've been experiencing problems ever since so I thought I'd get a second opinion from the brilliant minds here to see if this is more likely (a) a Foobar2000 stability issue, (b) a DAC driver issue, or (c) a DAC hardware issue. At this point I'm ruling out the pre-existing hardware in my setup because it hadn't BSOD's in the year I've owned it. The only change in my system has been this DAC and accompanying software.

For the record, I've tried different USB ports, fresh installs of the DAC software and Foobar2000. I even did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (now on the Creator's update). All drivers are the most recent available from the manufacturers of the computer and the DAC.

To my best recollection, issues with the DAC started fairly early on (day 1) with the hardware randomly not being recognized by the system (it would literally just disappear from the list of available Playback devices) forcing me to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it regardless of USB plug used. A few times, playback would freeze (looking at the available playback devices in the Sound menu would show the sound as stuck) and unplugging the USB cable resulted in immediate BSOD. Other times I would just come back to the computer and find it had crashed and restarted. I am running no overclocks or odd software; everything here is stock. I've run memory integrity checks, system file verification checks, anti-virus and malware scans. Everything checks out.Log is attached as per usual. Please ignore the CH driver crashes (chdrvr01.sys). Those are unrelated from some other hardware testing I was doing.

Any insight will help me here, as my return/exchange window is closing. If you guys think this is more related to Foobar2000 rather than the DAC or its drivers, I'll probably keep the DAC and go without Foobar2000. If it sounds like it's the DAC itself, I'll have to decide if I'm going to RMA or just get my money back. Unfortunately I don't have enough time in my return window to experiment with using the DAC without Foobar as crashes are too random to predict when the next might happen. I didn't even think it might be Foobar related because the application has never given me stability issues in the several years I've used it...but I should have considered it sooner.

For what it's worth, I haven't run into anyone that has mentioned having driver or DAC issues of the kind I'm describing on any forums.

DAC: DAC80 A class leading DAC for your home system :: Optoma NuForce

Drivers/Software are linked at the bottom of the product page if anyone wants to peek at them.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Supermassive, May 9, 2017

2. wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, May 9, 2017
  3. J.DD Win User
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

netio.sys is the cause of 3 of them. Wdf01000.sys is the cause of 1 of them.

It looks like HDAudBus.sys maybe crashing wdf01000.sys. See if there are any updated audio drivers

ntoskrnl.exe is causing 3 of them but something will be making it crash

I would uninstall bitdefender then use their removal tool.

This file MBfilt64.sys belongs to Creative Audio is 6-7 yrs old. Old drivers can crash windows

J.DD, May 9, 2017
  4. Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be please to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

BSODHunter, May 9, 2017
  5. I'm sorry, piracy discussion? Foobar2000 a free audio player like iTunes or Winamp.

Download foobar2000

A DAC is a digital audio converter. A physical piece of hardware.

Windows came from the manufacturer of the computer.

So...did you post in the wrong thread? Or are you confused about something? If this is the quality of support this forum offers, I'm already disappointed.

Supermassive, May 9, 2017
  6. There are entries in the hosts.txt to bypass the activation of Adobe products.

There is also other Software which is not correctly licensed

Code: "InstallSource"="C:\\Users\\AdrianJ\\OneDrive\\setup files\\Paragon HFS+ for Windows 11.0.0.175 + Crack [SadeemPC]"[/quote]

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?

1. Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000? - Similar Threads - Random BSODs wdf01000

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  4. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  5. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  6. Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys

Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys: Hey Folks, Started happening just recently and pretty interesting. I know I am due for a crash when my computer no longer auto-sleeps and my DAC (basically a USB soundcard to non audiophiles) will no longer output sound. What is interesting is that it does not actually...
  7. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys)

BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys): Hi all, Having intermittent troubles with BSODs, not sure of the cause, usually happens during general use (Chrome browsing, VLC media player running). Here are the log files - and help would be much appreciated! Attachment 114878 73358
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dragonfly dac causes bsod