Windows 10: Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having issues on and off over the past week or two with randomly appearing BSODs reporting the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zachsrad, Aug 28, 2015.

1. zachsrad Win User

Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi all,

I've been having issues on and off over the past week or two with randomly appearing BSODs reporting the error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I know it means there's something going on with my drivers but I'm not sure what's going on. I can't pinpoint what exactly causes each time - one thing I have noticed is that it commonly happens when using Google Chrome or navigating through a file directory. It hasn't happened thus far while playing a demanding high-graphics game (initially I thought it might be a graphics card issue but now I'm not so sure). I'm no good at looking through error logs so but I figured someone on here would know better than me!

Thanks!

side-note: I had a few BSODs this morning and before writing this I disabled my wireless card's drivers - so far (~1hr later) I haven't had another BSOD. Does anything about the wireless card show up in my logs?

Attachment 34606

:)

zachsrad, Aug 28, 2015

2. Constant BSOD. Most are connected to ntoskrnl.exe

I can't seem to figure out how to resolve this issue. I get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, BAD_POOL_HEADER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, etc....

The BSODs seem to happen at random. I can sometimes play games for hours without issue, but if i just let the computer sit it will get a BSOD, or just browse the internet.

I tried installing a clean windows, removing and reinstalling most of my drivers, and a variety of other potential fixes online, etc...

I have linked the mini dump files, MEMORY.dmp, and my system info below:

Mini Dump

Can someone please help me?

l3attousai, Aug 28, 2015
  3. I have IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL problem

while i was watching youtube and instaling avg antivirus program it appear BSOD whit message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (NETIO.SYS) i hope you can help me.

Miloš Šovljanski, Aug 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi zachsrad,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

5. zachsrad Win User
    I've uninstalled Daemon Tools and it said it was successfully removed.

I can't seem to download any of the files from the link you provided as Chrome is continuously blocking it from downloading - "SPTDinst-x64.exe may harm your browsing experience, so Chrome has blocked it." I tried again using DuplexSecure's official site but Chrome denied it again with the same message. Is there any other way to check (without downloading something?) and make sure everything was successfully removed?

Also, what is the "SPD pass through remover"? I simply entered programs and features and uninstalled Daemon Tools - is this enough or will there still be lingering files?

Thanks!

zachsrad, Aug 29, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Use another browser to download the file.

The SPTD remover removes the utility that comes with Daemon tools, this utility is a well known cause of BSOD's.
    If removing Daemon tools was enough I wouldn't provide you with a link *Wink, you could call it a trace that is left behind.

7. zachsrad Win User
    Got the file to download - ran it and the Uninstall button was already grayed out. Does this mean uninstalling Daemon tools did this process automatically for me?

zachsrad, Aug 29, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Marked the answer.

9. zachsrad Win User
    Thanks for the help.

Will update this thread if I get another BSOD! So far, running smoothly!

zachsrad, Aug 29, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile
    If you get another bluescreen, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

11. zachsrad Win User
    After five days of no BSOD bliss, I've had two in a row this morning both again specified as "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". One occurred while browsing the internet and the other while navigating through a file directory.

Attached are my logs from after those two crashes.

Attachment 35686

Help would be much appreciated!

zachsrad, Sep 3, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Attachment 35691
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Some network drivers are blamed, but I think it is due to Daemon tools.

13. zachsrad Win User

Daemon tools was causing it originally and I followed your instructions and removed it from my system 5 days ago. I can't seem to find any traces of it currently - I ran the SPTD installer when you recommended last time as well and the uninstall button was grayed out. I haven't reinstalled Daemon tools since then so I'm confused as to how that could be the issue.

Do the most recent logs from this morning both blame Daemon tools as well? Thanks for taking time to help me *Smile

zachsrad, Sep 4, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    No, they blame your network drivers.
    But that'll probably have to do with Daemon tools trying to get access to the internet.

Try revo uninstaller free for removing Daemon tools.

15. zachsrad Win User
    Ran the revo uninstaller and Daemon tools is not showing up.. I'm assuming this means the last uninstall I did removed it completely. Would updating my network drivers help/fix the problem?

zachsrad, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Random BSODs while

2. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  3. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  4. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...
  5. Random BSOD while browsing internet

Random BSOD while browsing internet: HI i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games. Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys is causing the BSOD when i checked with BlueScreenView. bug check string Bad_Pool_Header and Bad_Pool_Caller. Seems...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming: Hello, I'm using a laptop I bought last week, came with windows 8.1, free upgraded to windows 10. Installed all the updates before and after upgrading, and to my knowledge I have all the latest updates currently available. I was playing a game a day or so ago and started to...
  7. BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.

BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.: Hello, i get a BSDO randomly while playing games or even surfing the web. It happens most times when i perform multitasking like playing a game, using teamspeak and surfing the web. The BSDO itself has no error code. I checked my RAM with mdsched.exe and memtest (it...
  8. Random BSOD while using chrome, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD while using chrome, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Random BSOD when using chrome. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys) Attachment 106517 67233
  9. BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION): Hi all, I've been getting a BSOD kind of randomly the past few days. It happened twice today and a few other times this week. Seems to be kind of random, but usually I'm browsing web and running some other apps in background when it happens. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly: I randomly (and commonly) get BSoDs with a bug check string of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x0000000a) or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x000000d1). I can't seem to find the driver that is causing these random blue screens, there doesn't seem to be a reason either...