Windows 10: Random BSODs while doing everyday things

Discus and support Random BSODs while doing everyday things in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A member from the HP support forums forwarded me to this forum, so I'll just copy-past my post. I also found out that you guys have a special tool for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TristanCC, Mar 23, 2019.

1. TristanCC Win User

Random BSODs while doing everyday things

A member from the HP support forums forwarded me to this forum, so I'll just copy-past my post. I also found out that you guys have a special tool for debugging BSOD problems, so I also attached the zip to this post

Product: HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-Cb0xx
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

My laptop regularly gets a BSOD while doing basic tasks such as listening to music through spotify, browsing the web using chrome and non-exhaustive programming with VScode. This happens like two or three times per week and it's quite frustrating because the cause is unknown. All of my drivers are up to date using the HP Support Assistant and I have reinstalled most of my software once or twice by now. What I noticed is that 5 seconds before my screen turns blue my spotify cuts out, but I have no clue if this really is related to the cause. The error message is always CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I installed a program called WhoCrashed to catch the error code and other details. Here is the result of analyzing the dump files:

Code: On Sat 23-Mar-19 12:42:11 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032319-6500-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B35E0) Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFF80839DC84140, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.[/quote] Any help is appreciated.

CHIMERA-(2019-03-23_20-37-17).zip

:)

TristanCC, Mar 23, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. evanv13 Win User
    BSOD at random times doing random things.

Hi,
    I am getting BSODs at random times, while doing different things each time. Been getting them for 5 days trying to narrow down what could be causing it. Searching lead me here. I did the posting instructions. Also did sfc/scannow 2 times that was suggested on another post. After the scannow both times it told me there were corrupt files that it couldnt fix. Any help moving on from here would be great.

Thank you.

Attachment 71239
    Attachment 71240

evanv13, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Random BSODs while doing everyday things - Similar Threads - Random BSODs while

2. Getting BSOD while doing random things frequently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD while doing random things frequently.: Hi AllI have been getting random BSOD while doing random things, can be surfing net/playing games/playing videos or just AFKing.Every time I check the dump files using WinDbg, it seems to be for many different reasons, sometimes between interval of about 7 days for each BSOD...
  3. Getting BSOD while doing random things frequently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD while doing random things frequently.: Hi AllI have been getting random BSOD while doing random things, can be surfing net/playing games/playing videos or just AFKing.Every time I check the dump files using WinDbg, it seems to be for many different reasons, sometimes between interval of about 7 days for each BSOD...
  4. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  5. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  6. Random BSODs everyday, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs everyday, help: Hi, I got my new pc and installed w10 from official Microsoft page but I'm constantly getting random blue screens and I don't know why, I got almost all blue screens, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY_SITE, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE,...
  7. Random BSODs everyday, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs everyday, help: Hi, I got my new pc and installed w10 from official Microsoft page but I'm constantly getting random blue screens and I don't know why, I got almost all blue screens, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY_SITE, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE,...
  8. Random BSODs everyday, help

9. BSOD at random times doing random things.

BSOD at random times doing random things.: Hi, I am getting BSODs at random times, while doing different things each time. Been getting them for 5 days trying to narrow down what could be causing it. Searching lead me here. I did the posting instructions. Also did sfc/scannow 2 times that was suggested on another...
  10. Random BSOD almost everyday

Random BSOD almost everyday: Hi, almost for a month now I'm getting random BSOD once a day with no matter what I'm doing (mostly when I watch video or play something). It often happens when I play LOL, but I can still play big games like Witcher 3 or Overwatch and nothing will crash... I had my GPU...