Windows 10: Random BSOD's while gaming on new PC

Discus and support Random BSOD's while gaming on new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just bought a new custom built PC, and it's been crashing randomly. It crashes on both high end games (Cyberpunk 2077), lower end new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StefanS, May 4, 2021.

1. StefanS Win User

Random BSOD's while gaming on new PC

Hello everyone, I just bought a new custom built PC, and it's been crashing randomly. It crashes on both high end games (Cyberpunk 2077), lower end new games (Valheim), and older games (Cities Skyline). Strangely enough CoD runs perfectly fine. I'm troubleshooting together with the guy who built the PC, and together we've already done a few things: - All drivers are installed and up to date (updated multiple times, also tried older versions). - Furmark runs without crashing for 15+ minutes. - Prime95 runs without crashes for 2+ hours. - RAM sticks exchanged, and with with only 1 of the 2 sticks, in either slot. - I've tried with and without known 'buggy' software (Razer sw for my mouse + GeForce Experience for the GPU). - Tried with my main Razer headset and a bluetooth headset. - Tried with my main Razer mouse, and a standard Dell mouse. PC guy ran Cyberpunk without crashes for 4+ hours (while it usually crashes every half hour with me), with the exact same set up as me, sans mouse and keyboard, but with me exchanging those didn't help. I've tried to take a peek at the dumpfiles myself, but they might as well be Chinese lol. Both the PC guy and me are at our wits end. Attached is the log file from the sticky, and the specs I filled in are up to date. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers, Stefan *EDIT*: All Windows updates are also installed, and the AV software is up to date, and returns no errors.

:)

StefanS, May 4, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Random BSODs on new PC

I'm getting really random crashes on my new PC. It's mostly new, only hard drives were transferred from my old one. The configuration is:

• Ryzen 3600X
    • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
    • Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
    • CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport LT Gray DDR4 3200MHz 16GB Kit 2x8GB
    • CORSAIR CX650M 650W
    • 2 Kingston SSDs and one WD Black HDD.

I can get 3 of them in a day or go 2 weeks straight without a single one of them. The BSOD says that "irql_not_less_or_equal", caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+1c2390.

Here's the minidump of the most recent one: 051720-8250-01.dmp

I've run Memtest and there were no errors, tried checking hard drives, and from what I could say they are healthy. CHKDSK found nothing as
    well. As I've said, crashes are pretty random and occur even when my PC is idle, I'd even say mostly when idle (when browsing, watching YouTube, etc.). Please, could somebody take a look at the minidump I've provided and maybe see some hint to what's the problem
    exactly? Should I try updating my BIOS or is it unrelated? Most of my drivers are up-to-date and were reinstalled already.

CinnamonCoffin, May 5, 2021
  4. Aaron_25 Win User

Random BSOD Windows 10

I've been having random BSODs. They always seem to happen when I am away from the PC so I don't exactly know what is going on when it happens. Nothing much happens on the PC except for some gaming here and there. The last time it happened was when I had
    a game running. I stepped away for a moment and found the PC was restarted.

This link should be the dump file for the BSOD. Any help in finding the issue would be appreciated.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqO4Iu5gA5T5pRRPBYgnJBDQZRk8

Aaron_25, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Random BSOD's while gaming on new PC - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's while

2. Random BSODs while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs while gaming: Hi,Over the past year I have been getting BSODs while gaming. They are fairly frequent but random. The stop codes have varied over time, but have included ones such as UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, among others. Lately I...
  3. Random BSODs while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs while gaming: Hi,Over the past year I have been getting BSODs while gaming. They are fairly frequent but random. The stop codes have varied over time, but have included ones such as UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, among others. Lately I...
  4. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  5. Random BSOD error while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD error while gaming: Hello guys, I have a question and currently Im really done... I tried clean reinstall, reset BIOS, reinstalling GPU driver, nothing helps which is weird.. Randomly my PC crash while playing Valorant {no matter of settings low / high}.... BSOD has no explanation whatsoever so...
  6. Random BSOD error while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD error while gaming: Hello guys, I have a question and currently Im really done... I tried clean reinstall, reset BIOS, reinstalling GPU driver, nothing helps which is weird.. Randomly my PC crash while playing Valorant {no matter of settings low / high}.... BSOD has no explanation whatsoever so...
  7. Random BSOD while gaming

Random BSOD while gaming: I got random BSOD while gaming. My specs are: i5-4690k no oc msi z97 gaming 5 4x4gb kingston ram sapphire rx 560 2gb It won't occur back to back, but it happens in every 2-3 weeks.I wonder what causes it and how can I resolve it. 052318-22671-01.rar 110881
  8. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...
  9. BSOD randomly while gaming.

BSOD randomly while gaming.: Hey! I keep getting BSOD randomly while gaming (and only while gaming), sometimes it happens 1-2 times a day and sometimes just once every few weeks, even though it's the same game. Used Blue Screen Viewer and it seems like hal.dll is the problem, which after som googling...
  10. BSOD while gaming, also randomly

BSOD while gaming, also randomly: Hi, I've been getting a bsod usually while gaming (Witcher 3) but also can happen just during standard web browsing etc, hopefully someone can tell me whats going on, thanks I have run sfc/scannow and its come up saying that everything is fine. Attachment 115752 73923