Windows 10: Random BSOD's with either 156 or 292 as BugCheckCode

Discus and support Random BSOD's with either 156 or 292 as BugCheckCode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have had a problem with my computer ever since I upgraded some hardware back in August. More specifically, over 60 BSOD's at random and very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zakator, May 10, 2020.

1. Zakator Win User

Random BSOD's with either 156 or 292 as BugCheckCode

Hi,

I have had a problem with my computer ever since I upgraded some hardware back in August. More specifically, over 60 BSOD's at random and very unpredictable times. Sometimes it crashes three times in an hour, other times I can sit for three days with no problem at all. I have tried every possible solution I could find online, but nothing seems to work. I even went and got a new PSU to rule out that as an issue, and am currently running with the case open so that I can be sure it's not an overheating issue due to restricted airflow. Every crash report I get has one of two BugCheckCodes; 156 and 292, which translate to WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, respectively. Everything I can find online points to this being a hardware issue, so I've reset BIOS to standard (no overclocking of any kind, not even automatic) and run 10 passes of a full Memtest86 with 0 errors. All the hard drives are also reporting 0 errors, and I even got a new magnetic disk to be able to transfer everything from the old drives in case that was the issue. However, after doing all of this and nothing helping (I still get the exact same errors), I am beginning to suspect it might actually be a faulty processor and/or motherboard, and I still have three months left on the warranty for it. I can't be sure though - and therefore I am humbly asking for any help in pinpointing the error, if at all possible. I have collected the requested data with the v2 Log viewer tool, and here's the link: DESKTOP-E6C97SD-(2020-05-10_09-48-26).zip - Google Drive

Computer specs: Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 @ 3.70GHz 33 °C
    Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    32,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1069MHz (15-15-15-36)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING (LGA1151) 33 °C
    Graphics
    BenQ GL2450 ([email protected])
    ASUS VG32V ([email protected])
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 55 °C
    Storage
    3726GB Seagate ST4000DM004-2CV104 (SATA ) 31 °C
    465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) 29 °C
    931GB Seagate ST1000DM000-9TS15E (SATA ) 37 °C
    238GB SanDisk SDSSDHP256G (SATA (SSD)) 30 °C
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (SATA ) 33 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB
    Audio
    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Peace out!

:)

Zakator, May 10, 2020
  2. 포커스 Win User

Get bugcheckcode 209, 10, 292 Please Help BSOD problem.

I got 3 BSOD repeatedly.

I checked event viewer and I got 3 bugcheckcode 10, 209, 292.

I attached Google Drive link that include memory.dump

Google Drive stellt sich vor – Alle Ihre Dateien an einem Ort

포커스, May 10, 2020
  3. BugcheckCode 292 windows 10

Hi

I´m having freezing in my fresh instalation of windows 10 and sometimes restart with BugcheckCode 292. I have already tested memory and graphic card with no errors. Not using overclock and the temp are fine. Most of the times i get freezing of the system
    and can doo anything so i need the restart. It apens randomly so can´t be related to anything special. Need some help to undestand it it is hardware or software related. Already changed PSU and really don´t want to spend more money...

Here are my system:

Asus x99 strix

i7 5820K

gygabite 960 gtx

16 gb Ram DDR4 Kingston

The error details:

-
    System

-
    Provider

[ Name]
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid]
    {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
    0x8000400000000002

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
    2016-08-03T21:05:01.105636000Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
    Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
    System

Computer
    DESKTOP-S9RL7PR

-
    Security

[ UserID]
    S-1-5-18

-
    EventData

BugcheckCode

BugcheckParameter1
    0x0

BugcheckParameter2
    0xffffe00188f04028

BugcheckParameter3
    0xbe200000

BugcheckParameter4
    0xc110a

SleepInProgress

PowerButtonTimestamp

BootAppStatus

Here are a link to mindump:

Shared items 8-3-2016

Thanks for help

FredericoMachado, May 10, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random BSOD's with either 156 or 292 as BugCheckCode - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's either

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Event 41 with BugcheckCode 292

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Event 41 with BugcheckCode 292: I've been getting BSOD lately, first it was unexpected memory exception but after installing a new SSD and reinstalling windows it went away.Now when I get a heavy load on my pc a BSOD will occur with the message, BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. After looking into the event...
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Event 41 with BugcheckCode 292

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Event 41 with BugcheckCode 292: I've been getting BSOD lately, first it was unexpected memory exception but after installing a new SSD and reinstalling windows it went away.Now when I get a heavy load on my pc a BSOD will occur with the message, BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. After looking into the event...
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Event 41 with BugcheckCode 292

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD kernel error 41 BugcheckCode 292

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD kernel error 41 BugcheckCode 292: Every so often I keep getting a BSOD when playing games and can't find the reason why it happens. I checked my cooler and it's keeping it around 50 -60c under load, I have changed my ram and can't seem to find what the issue is. I have uploaded a link to the minidump file...
  6. BSOD kernel error 41 BugcheckCode 292

BSOD kernel error 41 BugcheckCode 292: Hello, I'm having trouble with my new computer and running out of idea to fix it. While playing at some games, I'm having crash without BSOD. My screen freezes and become almost black. After a couple of seconds, computer restarts. It doesn't happen in every game. For example,...
  7. Bugcheckcode 292

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugcheckcode 292: Hey, I need help : Im getting the error code mentioned on the subject of this message and im getting crazy about that. I have tried to follow this...
  8. Repeat BSOD Event 41, BugCheckCode 292

Repeat BSOD Event 41, BugCheckCode 292: Hello For the last few days I have been having repeated BSOD and restart, once every few hours. In Event viewer there is usually a Event 41 "Kernel-Power" with BugCheckCode 292. Sometimes there has also been the same event with BugCheckCode 0. From reading documentation...
  9. BSOD kernel error 41 BugcheckCode 292

BSOD kernel error 41 BugcheckCode 292: I have been having BSODs every now and then and this is the XML view of the most recent error code details. No problems with memory whenever I do a memory test. i have stresstested both the CPU and the GPU for an hour with no errorcodes. im starting to think i might have a...
  10. BSOD: Event 41 BugcheckCode 292

BSOD: Event 41 BugcheckCode 292: I have been getting some random crashes that all share this same event id and bugcheck code. How can I further pinpoint what this error means? This is the XML from a recent crash event: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <Events><Event...