Windows 10: Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

Discus and support Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jacob Scarani, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried the following:- Making sure all drivers are updated- sfc/ scannow- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth- Check Disc Command- Windows Memory Diagnostic- Reinstalling WindowsI'd like to get this fixed without doing a fresh reinstall.This is the dump from the latest BSOD:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\120522-12

:)

Jacob Scarani, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Arthur Win User

BSOD - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) | avc3.sys

Hi,

May I hereby seek assistance for the following BSOD issue please.

Code:
    Code:
    ********************************************************************************                                                                             * *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    * *                                                                             * *******************************************************************************  KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure.  The corruption could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove). Arg2: ffffd00022176820, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg3: ffffd00022176778, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
    I've been frequently getting BSODs from cold boot right after POST. I am suspecting it has something to do with Bitdefender 2016 as the driver mentioned below points to Bitdefender's Active Virus Control filter.

Code:
    Code:
    Probably caused by : avc3.sys ( avc3!UcAddUrlEntry+2f704 )
    I wish to understand the root cause of this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Arthur, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Joenaldo Win User
    Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes.

My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs:

• DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY

That being said it's nearly always the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error; the other messages haven't happened more than once or twice each.

I've attached the DM Log but I'm fairly new at this so please let me know if there is any other information that would help fix this.

Help me Ten Forums, you're my only help.

Attachment 52025

Joenaldo, Dec 5, 2022
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

1. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 - Similar Threads - Random BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

2. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Left my PC for a bit and when I came back it had rebooted. Digging through the logs showed an error had occurred. I have made no changes to the hardware or drivers of my PC recently, so I was wondering what could have caused the issue in order to prevent it from happening in...
  3. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎22/‎2023 OS build 22621.1778 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 7600XGraphics Card: Nvidia RTX 4070Motherboard: ASUS B650M plus wifiI...
  4. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Is this a RAM, driver, virus, or other type of issue?KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, A...
  5. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Is this a RAM, driver, virus, or other type of issue?KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, A...
  6. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried the following:- Making sure all drivers are updated- sfc/ scannow- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth- Check Disc...
  8. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried the following:- Making sure all drivers are updated- sfc/ scannow- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth- Check Disc...
  9. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Hello! So my PC has been crashing for the past 3 months now and I don't know what to do now. The bsod usually occurs after 5-10 min of startup or during my gaming session. I can't read this Windbg page so I was wondering if you all could help.KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE...
  10. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Hello! So my PC has been crashing for the past 3 months now and I don't know what to do now. The bsod usually occurs after 5-10 min of startup or during my gaming session. I can't read this Windbg page so I was wondering if you all could help.KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE...