Windows 10: Random BSODs with multiple different error messages

Discus and support Random BSODs with multiple different error messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey lovely people, have this problem for quite a while now and can't seem to pinpoint it: My PC works fine for a day or two and then on the second or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RianBreak, Sep 4, 2020.

1. RianBreak Win User

Random BSODs with multiple different error messages

Hey lovely people,
    have this problem for quite a while now and can't seem to pinpoint it:
    My PC works fine for a day or two and then on the second or third day just crashes randomly, sometimes only once, sometimes multiple times after each other until its tuck in a loop of rebooting and crashing while rebooting. Been like this for over half a year now. Sometimes it crashes while playing games, other times just after starting the PC with no real program running. Turning of the Power of the PC at the Power adapter over night fixes it ussually for one or two days, but only temporatrily, then a "bad" day or two happen again.
    I've tried updating and reinstalling all major Drivers, using only one plug for the Power of the PC, flashing the BIOS, googling the error messages, running it without Anti Virus, but nothing helped. I concluded that it is probably a Driver problem, but I have no idea which one or how, so I tried debugging myself using WinDBG and your forum tutorials, but that didn't lead me anywhere either unfortunately, so I'm counting on you guys to help me with this, 'cause building it was rather expensive and I hoped to have this one for a long time.

Info:
    OS: Windows 10 x64 Bit, Version 1909 (Build 18363.1016)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    GPU: Gigabyte Geforcte GTX1060 6GB
    Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
    RAM: G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-2133 Kit

Here is some of the BSOD messages and info from WInDBG of the last week, I collected using the WinDBG Tutorial of your forum:

ffffec8e`42d0b788 fffff804`1a086fe5Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_ccad5caddc3a3d35\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    Page 505ccf not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    Page 505ccf not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    nvlddmkm+0x206fe5

ffffc281`68fbc5b8 fffff803`3b3bdbd2Unable to load image \??\C:\Program Files\Norton Security\NortonData\22.20.5.39\Definitions\BASHDefs\20200825.001\BHDrvx64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    BHDrvx64+0x4dbd2

ffffdf8e`e42dc1b8 fffff800`7ad48439Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_ba8c9c14f3d320cb\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    Page 506538 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    Page 506538 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    nvlddmkm+0x208439

01.09.2020 17:29

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!SmKmStoreDeleteWhenEmpty+c4

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

ffff9283`54fd2688 fffff802`26db2997Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys
    rt640x64+0x82997

01.09.2020 18.15

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0

MODULE_NAME: nt

ffffda8a`b41c9938 fffff805`41c98439Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_ba8c9c14f3d320cb\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    Page 50c9a7 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    Page 50c9a7 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    nvlddmkm+0x208439

02.09.2020 17:05 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiTerminateWsleCluster+d0

MODULE_NAME: nt

ffffa486`ce4f3dd0 fffff805`28fc7268Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\NGCx64\1614050.027\SRTSP64.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
    SRTSP64+0x27268

ffffa486`ce4f3e28 fffff805`26a5cb2fUnable to load image \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
    SYMEVENT64x86+0xcb2f

04.09.2020 10:43 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

FAULTING_SOURCE_LINE: minkernel\wdf\framework\shared\core\fxrequestapi.cpp

FAULTING_SOURCE_FILE: minkernel\wdf\framework\shared\core\fxrequestapi.cpp

FAULTING_SOURCE_LINE_NUMBER: 3508

FAULTING_SOURCE_CODE:
    No source found for 'minkernel\wdf\framework\shared\inc\private\common\fxhandle.h'

SYMBOL_NAME: Wdf01000!imp_WdfRequestMarkCancelableEx+12

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED

fffff805`1b8629f8 fffff805`27b08439Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_ba8c9c14f3d320cb\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    Page 504d5c not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    Page 504d5c not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    nvlddmkm+0x208439

fffff805`1b864048 fffff805`243506b1Unable to load image \??\C:\Program Files\Norton Security\NortonData\22.20.5.39\Definitions\IPSDefs\20200903.001\IDSvia64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    IDSvia64+0xc06b1

Thanks in Advance for any help,
    Rian

:)

RianBreak, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Sep 4, 2020
  3. temjam99 Win User
    Random Reboot with No Error Messages and No BSOD

To extrapolate further on the issue. I am also getting a strange error about every hour or so that says "the usb device is not recognized" this pops up in the bottom right corner of windows. I have only got a wireless keyboard plugged in, along with an xbox controller which I have tried unplugging but the error still persists. They both function fine but the error comes up far more frequently when i'm actually using both more intensely, such as in a game or when writing a report for work. Whether this is related I don't know, but its the only other thing that seems to be wrong and so only connection i can find at the moment for the random restarts.

Again, if I were to describe the restarts I would describe them as being as if someone had pulled the power cord and plugged it back in with extreme speed, to the point where it seems that just for a millisecond the computer seems to lose power and then restart. But I do not find any errors or voltage errors in bios to suggest this. I will go have a look again now though and see if i can get a snapshot of the bios in case anyone notices anything suspicious.

temjam99, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Random BSODs with multiple different error messages

Multiple random errors of different kinds when using any Browser in Windows 10

I get these errors at random times at the bsod when using any of my 3 browsers(mostly) using windows 10.

I have what I think are all my drivers up to date.

Bad Pool Header

Memory Management

Kernel security check failure

IRQL not less or equal

Page fault in nonpaged area

PFN list corrupt

any suggestions?

AtomicDragon71, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Random BSODs with multiple different error messages

1. Random BSODs with multiple different error messages - Similar Threads - Random BSODs multiple

2. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  3. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  4. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSODs with multiple different scenarios and error messages

BSODs with multiple different scenarios and error messages: I recently built a new computer and have been getting quite a few blue screens lately. The first one I got was after booting up my computer after it had been off for a few days. I got that one a couple more times and it tends to happen if I try to hibernate my computer...
  6. Multiple BSODs with different error messages

Multiple BSODs with different error messages: Hi twice while playing video games and once while not I've encountered 3 blue screens with different error messages. The first was memory_management, the second irql_not_less_or_equal and the last was page fault in nonpaged area. After the first two I updated my graphics...
  7. Getting Multiple Different kinds of BSOD Error randomly

Getting Multiple Different kinds of BSOD Error randomly: Hello, For the past few days, I've been getting random BSODs. The most frequent ones that I get are pfn_list_corrupt, memory_management, irql_not_less_or_equal. There are quite a few others but I was not able to catch the error name before my desktop resets itself. A...
  8. Random BSOD Win 10 - different error messages

Random BSOD Win 10 - different error messages: In the last 3 or 4 days, I've suddenly started having randon BSODs out of the blue (pun intended). The only thing I can think of is I added a PNY SSD which came with Acronis monitoring SW (which I've now disabled). I used to have BSODs due to a conflict between...
  9. Random BSOD on computer with different error message

Random BSOD on computer with different error message: Hi, Im in desperate need for help with my pc. Have had home builds for years with no big issues before windows 8.1 and now windows 10. I thought i had issues with memory or graphic card on my previous computer so i ended up buying new parts for a new build. But nothing...
  10. Random BSOD different error messages

Random BSOD different error messages: Recently I have been getting a ton of BSOD errors that I've slowly gotten to happen less frequently but still occuring. Previously the errors were happening during gaming or other serious video/audio usage but I somewhat resolved this issue by resetting my BIOS settings that...