Windows 10: Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update

Discus and support Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On a Dell Optiplex 790, I am experiencing random but somewhat regular hangs, lockups, and sometimes even freezing since I updated to version 1909.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update

On a Dell Optiplex 790, I am experiencing random but somewhat regular hangs, lockups, and sometimes even freezing since I updated to version 1909.

This was never an issue with Windows 7, nor was it an issue with version 1707. It started with 1909. wermgr and werfault is constantly trying to report issues to Microsoft. I can tell because Avast Firewall is constantly asking me to allow it which I do.

It is happening randomly with literally every program I try to run. Firefox, OBS, various games, even system stuff. As soon as I tried to search in the taskbar, the search option disappeared for about two minutes and Avast Firewall asked if I wanted werfault to connect to the internet.

I even had a sipnotify error and Googling sipnotify suggests that it is only on Windows 7, so I added 'Windows 10' to the search and still nothing regarding sipnotify on Windows 10. throwing quotes around "Windows 10" shows junk results.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

:)

Ornithophilia, Mar 15, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 15, 2020
  3. 6710 Navigator random lockups during navigation

While extensively using the GPS functionality of my new 6710 for the first time this week, I've come across a problem of random lockups during navigation.

There seems to be no obvious pattern to the phenomenon, sometimes it occurs just a few seconds after the route has been calculated and navigation has startet, at other times it occurs after already having navigated a large part of the route.

My subjective impression is, lockups are more likely to occur whenever the device tries to calculate an alternate route (when the user instructed it to do so by selecting the respective option) due to traffic information it received.

After a lockup, the navigation program cannot be closed the usual way (by selecting 'Exit'), but only by pressing the red 'hang up' key; and even then, it stays in memory (it's still in the 'open programs' list). Sometimes, the phone altogether is locked
    up, only way to "re-animate" it then is to switch it off and on again.

Anyone experienced a similar issue, and/or has an idea what might be the problem here, and how to solve it?

Heifi---01, Mar 15, 2020
  4. xubidoo Win User

Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update

Random Lockups

any1 got ant ideas why i would suddenly be getting random lockups in games and in windows?

it just freezes and i cant even use the reset button,i have to press the power button to get out of it.
    temps seem ok around 38 - 42c idle and mid 50s under load ,when it locks it games theres no looping sound or anything ,just a frozen screen.

most of the pc was bought and built last August ,with the exceptions of the PSU + HD`s
    its been running at the spec listed since then and ive had nps until now

any help would be appreciated.

if any more info is needed just ask.

xubidoo, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update

1. Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update - Similar Threads - Random regular hangs

2. Multiple Problems- Random reboots & Lockups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Problems- Random reboots & Lockups: INFO:Build- 22000.466 co_releaseLaptop- Thinkpad T14 R7 Pro 4750U, 32GB 3200MT- 3GB GPU dedicated, 1TB M.2 Nvme SSD-SKHynix_HFS001TD9TNI-L2B0BRandom LockupsI'll be doing my work & try to open or switch to something.This something could be anything from Firefox, Foobar2000,...
  3. Windows is not updating since version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is not updating since version 1909: Windows is not updating. While trying to do update I have found all updates since version 1909 have failed. I've tried the update assistant which had downloaded the latest update and run it but it does not even show up in the update history... Dump of history below. Any help...
  4. Getting random lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting random lockups on Windows 10: This is going to be a doozy. I have a phantom bug in my computer that causes random lockups in Windows 10. It makes it to where I cannot ctrl+alt+delete out of it and I have no choice but to do a hard shut down. I have no idea what triggers it, so there is no way I can...
  5. Windows 10, version 1909 update hangs

Windows 10, version 1909 update hangs: I have tried twice to install Windows 10, version 1909 update. and boh times it hanged up at 91%. I waited 12 hours before I switched PC off. The system on reboot displayed "uninstalling changes" and I was able to use the pc. Thanks for any ideas...
  6. Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909

Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909: Hi all, I'm getting regular BSODs since installing update 1909. It certainly seems to coincide with the install date which for me was 22nd. I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow - no reported problems. No issues on HD Tune error scan. The start menu also stops working...
  7. Anyone else getting random restarts since 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else getting random restarts since 1909?: Hey guys, Since I updated to 1909, which was I think around a week ago, my computer has randomly restarted 2 times. This is a gaming PC, but both times it happen while Not gaming. The first time was when I was away from the PC, and the second happened while I was browsing...
  8. BSOD and Random Lockups while Gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Random Lockups while Gaming.: 1) For Ccleaner uncheck: a) Memory dumps b) Windows log files 2) The memory dump file that was posted displayed partition corruption. 3) For any BSOD post: a) beta log collector zip b) memory dump: C:\Windows\memory.dmp > zip > one drive or drop box share link 4)...
  9. Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD: Seeing as I don't ever get a a BSOD I took it that I couldn't post in the BSOD thread. Important thing to note is when it occurs. 1. Fail to start right from turning on (no BIOs splash screen). Although this is rare and has only happened a few times. 2. Lockup on...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...