Windows 10: Random Camera Detection

Discus and support Random Camera Detection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7000 has an IR camera and a normal webcam. 1/20 times the camera will turn on when I restart my computer. The rest of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShashvatVerma, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Random Camera Detection

My laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7000 has an IR camera and a normal webcam.

1/20 times the camera will turn on when I restart my computer. The rest of the time it says <No Camera Attached> error.

At first I thought it was a hardware issue, but once the camera starts it functions ok regardless of hinge position. Windows Hello cannot get started but the red light blinks.

I have reset my PC from settings, but this has had no effect on this. It is super annoying, and sad that such a cool feature of my laptop cannot be used.

Other solutions I've tried:

Security settings, in Windows Settings and in antivirus.

Reinstall Drivers No option to rollback, hard to do when the device won't show up in device manager when undetected.

I need help asap!

Thank you.

:)

ShashvatVerma, Jul 23, 2020

2. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 30, 2020
  3. camera not detected

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing camera after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of outdated/ corrupted drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for the driver status in Device Manager.

Right click on the Start menu, click on Device Manager, and check if there are any exclamatory mark on any of the drivers. If so, right click on the drive, click on
    Properties and let us know the Device status.

If you find any error codes, I suggest you to refer to the below article to find for that error code and perform the respective troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Random Camera Detection

windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Random Camera Detection

1. Random Camera Detection - Similar Threads - Random Camera Detection

2. Camera not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not detected: Error code: 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-detected/f7a2b4b0-ed42-4752-bf94-9cba1dab79a4
  3. Camera not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not detected: Error code: 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-detected/f7a2b4b0-ed42-4752-bf94-9cba1dab79a4
  4. camera not detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not detecting: In my ASUS VivoBook Flip 14, camera not detecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-detecting/a756bd4c-cf04-4b00-b147-9207b6c29253
  5. No camera detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No camera detected: I have an HP spectre and I received an error message that my camera cannot be found. I did all the trouble shooting I could and am at a loss for a fix. I am running Windows 10, installed all updates. My camera is built in...
  6. Camera not detected

Camera not detected: My device is unable to detect integrated camera from the past week and I have already gone through hardware check from hp service center. According to them hardware is perfectly fine. After following few given steps on Internet I tried to solve this on my own but this turned...
  7. Camera not detected

Camera not detected: When i got my laptop it says it has a built in camera and i see it but it says its not detected i allowed it to be used by my anti virus and ive restart my laptop and the built in camera isint detected please help my laptop is Asus Vivobook 15 thin and light...
  8. Camera not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not detected: So I own an old Lenovo Erazer Z500 a really old model and its camera used to work fine. On some days it would work like how a regular laptop camera would work, but on other days it would just flicker and crash whatever app was using it. Here's the error code....
  9. Camera not detected

Camera not detected: Hi I have bought an HP ENVY 7265 NGW Laptop. Unfortunately, the device doesn't recognize the built-in camera. Everytime I try to access the camera it says the following error code: 0XA00F4244"NoCamerasAreAttached". Could you please help me? Thank you....
  10. camera not detected

camera not detected: I need help. My laptop is a SONY VAIO Touchscreen series with Windows 10. I have been using this laptop for years now. Everything was working well up until last Friday. Last Friday , my laptop cannot detect my built in camera. It seems that I have the same error message as...