Windows 10: Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF

Discus and support Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a very random situation occurring. When I use the Print to PDF option within Windows 10, and the save file window comes up, the characters from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeilSwain1, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF

I have a very random situation occurring. When I use the Print to PDF option within Windows 10, and the save file window comes up, the characters from my keyboard are completely random when trying to type the file name (and I don't get the same character each time I use the same key).

For example, the last time I tried it, hitting the "2" key five times gave me "w5trg".

I thought this issue may be specific to the computer which is a Surface Pro 4, but I have just purchased and set up a new Surface Pro 6 and it does exactly the same thing. It only happens with the detachable keyboard. If I remove the keyboard and use the onscreen keyboard that works fine.

Both computers are on Windows 10 and the operating systems are up to date.

Any ideas?

:)

NeilSwain1, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 3, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Surface Book with Windows 10 occasionally types random characters

Hi Jeffrey,

If the keyboard inputs a random characters when pressing a key, it could be cause by a defective hardware, or that the driver of your keyboard may have been damaged or outdated. For us to properly assist you in using your keyboard, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Did the issue occur recently? If yes, what changes were made before it started?
    • Does the issue persist when you use a USB keyboard?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF

How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF

1. Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF - Similar Threads - Random characters keyboard

2. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  3. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  4. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chinese characters when saving with Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters when saving with Paint: Hi there,The default language in my laptop is English. When I click "save as" on Paint however, the dialogue box that opens up is in Mandarin Chinese. I'm not sure why this is the case, and how to fix it? I use Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2.Cheers,Lucas...
  6. Chinese characters when saving with Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chinese characters when saving with Paint: Hi there,The default language in my laptop is English. When I click "save as" on Paint however, the dialogue box that opens up is in Mandarin Chinese. I'm not sure why this is the case, and how to fix it? I use Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2.Cheers,Lucas...
  7. Keyboard typing random numbers and characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing random numbers and characters: Hi,So I was playing a game on my computer when I suddenly noticed my keyboard was really buggy after I had messaged my friendI typed out: "Im in poggers on a call" poggers was a name of a minecraft world Instead it typed: "\im \in6 -pogge5rs on6 a call". It was typing random...
  8. Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers: My keyboard types odd characters after Save As.... when logged into banking and after that. I don't know how to fix it afterwards. I saw from previous posts that other users have the same problem and that Sophos' keyboard protection under "secured browser" seems to be the...
  9. keyboard typing random characters when saving PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    keyboard typing random characters when saving PDF: when I am saving a PDF from a website and I need to rename it, the keyboard types random symbols and characters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-random-characters-when-saving-pdf/b1ee50f4-f9c8-443f-882a-bc034ba937d1
  10. Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers: A very weird thing happening with my keyboard characters - in the "Save" dialog box from my browser my keyboard is typing random incorrect characters. For example, pressing the "T" on the keyboard multiple times might give me a string of text like "o8dkejhrs". This is ONLY...