Windows 10: Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup?

Discus and support Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone on TenForums, So for only like 1 or 2 days ago, whenever I restart my PC and login to my user account, I get to see this beautiful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Capt Ahmad, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup?

Hello everyone on TenForums,

So for only like 1 or 2 days ago, whenever I restart my PC and login to my user account, I get to see this beautiful empty Command Prompt window:

Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup? [​IMG]

What's up with that? And btw, you can notice that I was trying to stop it by clicking Ctrl+C. Doing so does nothing but simply terminating and closing this weird-ass cmd window. I honestly haven't seen an empty command prompt window before!

Current OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 - Build 18363.778

Thank you in advance,
    Kepitano Ahmad

:)

Capt Ahmad, Apr 19, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Bastet Win User
    EXE in Startup folder not running

I have the same problem with MS works calendar reminder, the .exe is listed in the startup folder but at the time specified for the reminder it doesn't show the reminder pop-up.
    Tbh this was also a problem under Win 7 & 8/8.1 but rectified it by copying the alarm/calendar reminder .exe to the startup folder, this doesn't work with 10.

Bastet, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup?

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup?

1. Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup? - Similar Threads - Random cmd exe

2. CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch: Recently i was doing some research on additional software for a game. I saw some vidos on YT and decided to download it even though i knew it could be a shady one. After i downloaded it, i laucnhed .exe file and nothing happened at first. Then it started flashing cmd on my...
  3. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  4. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  5. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  6. CMD on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD on startup: so when I start up my computer and log in and after a few minutes the CMD will open up and then it will copy itself until I close the main one by the time I close it there are about 50 CMD boxes I don't know how to fix it...
  7. Random UsoClient.exe cmd popup at startup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random UsoClient.exe cmd popup at startup: I have noticed this twice on my desktop. After start-up, I have seen a black, blank cmd popup saying UsoClient.exe. I think it has happened twice. I scanned the file and it is clean. Any idea what is going on? 62235
  8. EXE in Startup folder not running

EXE in Startup folder not running: Just don't know if it's really worth the trouble, seems like just one issue after another. Latest is I wrote a program that runs on windows 10 just fine from a shortcut on the desktop. I copied the shortcut to the startup folder for my account and did all the compatibility...
  9. Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it: Hi, I've recently done a clean reinstall of Win 10 Pro. As I run the OS on a small SSD and store files and programs on a larger HDD, one of the changes I've made was to move "C:\Users" to "D:\Users", and then create the nessesary junction on the C drive. Additionally,...
  10. Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd: i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried: * regedit in run(win+r) * registry.exe in cmd with admin rights * clicking on the main .exe located in the windows folder 18138