Windows 10: Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???

Discus and support Random CMD prompt popping up at times ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i keep getting this random CMD prompt that flashes on my desktop it happens so fast i cant see what the heck it is, it just pop up and flashes has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyb, May 2, 2017.

1. Tonyb Win User

Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???

So i keep getting this random CMD prompt that flashes on my desktop it happens so fast i cant see what the heck it is, it just pop up and flashes has writing on it then is gone, it did this before creator and is still doing it after, but how do i find out what the heck it is? i have scanned with Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware , and norton, i also did norton power eraser all scans come up clean. so not sure what this could be, any ideas?

:)

Tonyb, May 2, 2017

2. Random Pop-Up CMD

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.
    As per your post, we understand that, you get random pops-up on your system and we will assist you to fix it.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

1. Did you install all the pending updates on your system?

2. Did you make any changes on the system, prior to this issue?

3. Are you facing this issue on the Microsoft account or a local account?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

This issue occurs due to the conflict between any third party applications on your system.

Let's try to perform a clean boot and check, if it works. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 2, 2017
  3. Beast01 Win User
    Random Pop-Up CMD

Hello, a couple of months ago I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. It was all fun and dandy but I noticed a problem. Sometimes every couple of seconds something random pops-up. The program that pops up is the command prompt program and on top it says "C:\Users\YarYar_FTW\AppData\Local\PRX\com\prcctr32.exe".
    I don't know much about computers but from my research I believe the problem is the last part. I don't know what that is. Please explain to me what that is and how to fix it. Here's the picture.

Random  CMD prompt popping up at times ??? [​IMG]

Beast01, May 2, 2017
  4. Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???

This happens after installing some Windows Updates, but in your case it sounds more like an scheduled task is running. Look in your scheduled task try to find the culprit. Also check your system notifications and see if there is anything there that could give you a clue.

cflusflwfl, May 2, 2017
  5. Tonyb Win User
    Scheduled task is kinda out i did that last night, i went in and just ran everyone to see if that was the culprit, but nothing popped up on my screen, when i did that, so i don't think its anything in there. unless its Norton but i never seen it do that before it usually runs when things are idol. I will check the notification area next time it does it and see if anything is in there.

Tonyb, May 2, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, May 2, 2017
  7. Joanne Win User
    Hello *Smile

I have the same "issue" and after running the PowerShell command given in that other thread, I got this:

In my system I have Office 2016 Pro Plus, the stand-alone version, not the 365 version. I do not use an MS account on my OS.

- Should I do anything about this matter or should I leave it alone?

I am not bothered from that CMD window popping up

Thank you.

Joanne, May 2, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

simrick, May 2, 2017
  9. Joanne Win User
    Oh yes, I am checking for [Office 2016] updates, almost daily! I go to File / Office Account / Update Options: Update Now. It says: the latest version of Office is installed on your Computer. I have the Office 2016 Professional Plus 64 bit, the stand-alone version. I do not have an Office 365 subscription, or anything like that. My Office version currently is: 16.0.8067.2032

Thank you.

Joanne, May 2, 2017
  10. simrick Win User
    Are you using an Exchange Service for email?
    Have you tried any of the steps in the link I provided?
    This has to do with the Offline Address Book somehow, and some of the O365 instructions can be the same for O2016PP. (note they address even older versions of Office on that page.)
    Could also try looking at your scheduled tasks to see if it's something in there (easy to do using Ccleaner).

simrick, May 2, 2017
  11. Tonyb Win User
    hey ok so here is a image of what i got looks like my office 365 stuff, i'm a office insider could that be it??.

Tonyb, May 2, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    It's the OAB - Offline Address Book - same issue as Joanne (see above).

simrick, May 3, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

simrick, May 3, 2017
  14. Tonyb Win User
    oh ok well since i'm a office insider maybe a build will come my way to fix this, i wounder if i should switch from the slow lane to the fast lane on it and see if anything is there. at any rate at least now i know what the random cmd prompts are.

Tonyb, May 3, 2017
  15. simrick Win User
    Yep, sounds like Insider issues to me; nothing nefarious to worry about. *Wink

simrick, May 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Random CMD prompt popping up at times ??? - Similar Threads - Random CMD prompt

2. cmd pops up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd pops up randomly: hi when I finish playing and exit the game cmd pops up Once only Any idea how to solve this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pops-up-randomly/95f65d72-76a6-4a20-852e-9e17ea6877ae
  3. cmd pops up randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd pops up randomly: hi when I finish playing and exit the game cmd pops up Once only Any idea how to solve this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pops-up-randomly/95f65d72-76a6-4a20-852e-9e17ea6877ae
  4. cmd prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd prompt keeps popping up: everytime i am doing something on chrome ,I'll get this popup:windows\\system 32/cmd. how can i get rid of it for good. My computer originally had windows 10 and now has windows 11 home....
  5. cmd prompt keeps popping up

cmd prompt keeps popping up: everytime i am doing something on chrome ,I'll get this popup:windows\\system 32/cmd. how can i get rid of it for good. My computer originally had windows 10 and now has windows 11 home....
  6. Cmd randomly pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd randomly pops up.: This is randomly poping up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-randomly-pops-up/d9752362-df1d-4fa4-b18c-5f960b8e31fe
  7. Cmd randomly pops up.

Cmd randomly pops up.: This is randomly poping up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-randomly-pops-up/d9752362-df1d-4fa4-b18c-5f960b8e31fe
  8. CMD pops up randomly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD pops up randomly: Sometimes, when I am using the computer a "CMD" window opens up before closing again. It doesn't seem to do anything though. But when I start up my computer, sometimes a file is edited. Also, I noticed some weird files in my computer. They could not be edited without...
  9. Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups: Hi all, After an attack of intrusive software which I have now resolved I keep getting command prompt popping up for a split second. I managed to capture the command with a screen recorder and slow motion play back.. After reading a thread from 2014 on here I followed...
  10. Random CMD popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random CMD popping up.: Hello everybody ! I tried to download something from the internet like a month ago and ended up by getting lots of malwares. Malware bytes took care of most of them but I think one is still here. 2 random cmd windows pop up one after another really fast minimizing any full...