Windows 10: Random Computer freeze

Discus and support Random Computer freeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer randomly freezing while playing games. Have tested it on League and CSGO. I recently put a brand new power supply in it and it did not correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnny13126, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Random Computer freeze

Computer randomly freezing while playing games. Have tested it on League and CSGO. I recently put a brand new power supply in it and it did not correct the issue. Before i changed the power supply it would freeze with a sound loop and after i put a new one in it just freezes 100%. Happens at random times. Ive tested using a new video card and that didnt fix it either. Ran MemTest for 9 hours with no memory error returning.

:)

johnny13126, Jul 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 Update September 29,2016 KB3194496 Causing Freezing

Update: The computer still sometimes freezes after starting up. It is random.

User12345679, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Random computer freezes

Hello,

In Windows, you can use the Task Manager to see the current running processes. Click the Processes tab to view all running processes. Then click the "CPU" header to sort the processes by CPU usage. You can monitor the CPU usage for a few seconds
    to see what programs are consistently using the most CPU. If an errant process is using a large amount of CPU power, you can click the
    End Process button to kill the process. This will free up whatever percentage of CPU power the process was using.

What causes high CPU usage and how can I reduce it?

There's also a free ProcMon utility from SysInternals

Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity.

Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals

Smittychat., Jul 8, 2017
Thema:

Random Computer freeze

1. Random Computer freeze - Similar Threads - Random Computer freeze

2. Computer freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing randomly: Hi everyone. I really need some help on this one. I have no clue what to do. Recently my PC has been deadlock freezing almost every day. It has great specs Titan X 12GB, Intel I7 chip, etc., so the stuff isn't all too outdated. It seems the problem of the deadlocking is...
  3. Computer randomly freezes dead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer randomly freezes dead: Good evening! I seem to be having a huge issue with my computer that isn't far from keeping me up at night at this moment. For some reason, it doesn't matter what I'm doing on my computer be it playing games, browsing the internet etc. but it just has moments when it...
  4. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: So, I have been having alot... and I mean, ALOT of problems with my pc recently. I've managed fix most of them... but yesterday, as of me writing this, I have experienced that my computer freezes from time to time, and I have no idea why it does that. I've been reinstalling...
  5. seemingly random freezing of computer

seemingly random freezing of computer: Any help with how to access the log files that might indicate why the computer is freezing It is a brand new install of Windows 10 on a SSD drive, ive tried to update all the drivers and bios... tried some of the usual chkdsk, repair, memory check etc... everything seems to...
  6. Brand New Computer - Random Freezes

Brand New Computer - Random Freezes: Hello All, I just build a new computer, and it is constantly freezing. I have verified that all hardware components are seated and tight. AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2920 ASRock 399 Phantom Gaming 6 4x8 GSKill PC-3200 in Quad Channel Mode MSI NVidia Geforce 1660 GTX...
  7. my computer randomly freezes

my computer randomly freezes: my computer randomly freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-randomly-freezes/cdcf7b9f-4563-4dd9-ba38-c844ec297dba
  8. Computer randomly freezing

Computer randomly freezing: my computer, probably since I've had it, freezes randomly on the regular. It's happened for a few years now and I've tried a number of things to try to fix it, none of which helped. I'm getting really sick of it so I'd like to try to put an end to the issue for good. Could it...
  9. Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot

Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot: My computer ever since replacing the Motherboard has been having new set of issues not relating to a bluescreen at all this time just the system will randomly freeze up at different times like opening a twitter profile, facebook profile or a program.. It don't even respond to...
  10. computer freezing at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    computer freezing at random times: My computer keeps randomly freezing and it is driving me nuts! Sometimes I can be playing for hours and nothing happens or I have had it also freeze when it is starting up or once windows has loaded. I can't remember when I bought it but for a graphics card, it has a geforce...