Windows 10: Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

Discus and support Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Friends, I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows 10 installed. Recently it has been randomly freezing, forcing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Merp, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Merp Win User

Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

Hello Friends,

I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows 10 installed. Recently it has been randomly freezing, forcing me to restart it, or blue screening. When the computer reboots it falls into a repeat cycle of Blue screening into rebooting, until the trouble shooting menu is reached.

I have attempted to do a system restore but the process failed. The details of the failure were:
    "System restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point.
    Source:%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
    Destenation: AppxStaging
    System Restore ran out of disk space while restoring your files"

After a while of continually restarting my computer, it occasionally gets to the log in screen, and will either blue screen again or run normally depending on whether or not i'm lucky.

The attached dump is from yesterday, I've had a couple more blue screens since.

I would appreciate any help. Just let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Attachment 84991

:)

2. Getting multiple BSOD's a week, no clue what the problem is.

These seem to be happening pretty much at random. Could be happening while playing games, but also while I'm not even active on the computer. Also doesn't seem related to how long the PC has been running. No idea if it's of any importance but I'll also add
    that not every crash is a BSOD. Sometimes it just freezes and I will have to reboot it myself.

These are my minidump files from my BSOD just a few minutes ago: Minidump.rar

Luc van der Heiden, Jun 13, 2016
  3. BSOD with error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

*Original TItle: The bad bsod

Hi

I was playing minecraft. Suddenly my pc shows bsod with this error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Then it restarts. When I entered password and boot into the windows it showed bsod with this error. Then it restarts and I entered my password then I see this bsod again and this position repeated up to when I open my computer quickly after the reboot but
    I scare I see this bsod again. Please tell me how to solve this

علیرضاصمیمی, Jun 13, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

There are no dumps in months, but the disk space is indeed a problem.
    It is recommended to free up space to at least 15%, Windows needs at least 10-15% free space on EACH partition to not annoy the user. 15% is to be on the safe side, 10% is the minimum and only accounts for very large hard drives, that is the only exception.
    Free up space until you have 70GB free on your C partition.

5. Merp Win User
    Hey axe0, thanks for getting back to me.

Lol, I guess I'm an idiot. I didn't realize my C drive was full. Was this what was likely causing the blue screens? I just cleared 100 gb so I guess we'll find out.

Oh, and since the crash files didn't record any history of recent events should I just close this tread and make another if this problem repeats?

6. axe0 New Member
    It cannot be said what a possible could be because nothing that normally would be saved couldn't be saved because of the space issue. Because nothing is saved there is no data to get even the smallest lead from for an indication or something.

Stick with this thread for now *Smile

7. axe0 New Member
    At least 25GB free space is required for a memory dump, if that cannot be written a mini dump can't be written either and a mini dump is what we use for analysis

8. Merp Win User

Ah, I see. I'll definitely keep the space open then. I'll let you know if anything new comes up.

Thanks again!

Merp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots - Similar Threads - Random Computer freezes

2. Windows randomly freezes and reboots BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly freezes and reboots BSOD.: This is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8023b51c340. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102722-14640-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  3. Windows randomly freezes and reboots BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly freezes and reboots BSOD.: This is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8023b51c340. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102722-14640-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  4. PC randomly reboots. No BSOD.

PC randomly reboots. No BSOD.: Hey guys, I am having this problem for a week now...My PC just crashes and restarts instantly without me doing anything.. sometimes it's when I am in the middle of a game,sometimes when I just log in to my windows after entering the password or just RANDOMLY anytime.There's...
  5. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  6. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  7. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod

PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod: Specs: CPU: i7-3770 GPU: ASUS rog strix 2060 super RAM: 16GB PSU: Corsair VS650 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB HD: 1TB WD Blue + Old 500GB Drive The PC randomly freezes, even when not in use, recently happens almost daily. keyboard+mouse become unresponsive, display is "stuck"...
  9. PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD

PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD: Hello I've been having issues with my Windows PC, not sure if they're all related to the same problem, but: either the PC will freeze and I will need to restart by holding down the button at the tower until it shuts down and restart. or I will click on 'shut down/restart'...
  10. BSoD, Freezes, and Random Reboots on my computer

BSoD, Freezes, and Random Reboots on my computer: Hello everyone! My computer will BSoD, freeze, or reboot randomly and I have not been able to identify the reasons to why. Here are a few stop codes I have seen: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M...