Windows 10: random computer shutdowns

Discus and support random computer shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my computer has been randomly shutting down. this has been an issue for 3-4 years. through 2 computers. the only thing(s) in common in the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SenseiFil, Jun 23, 2019.

1. SenseiFil Win User

random computer shutdowns

my computer has been randomly shutting down. this has been an issue for 3-4 years. through 2 computers. the only thing(s) in common in the computer are the video card(gtx 750 ti) and both have older(pre win10) asus boards. I can't force it to happen, its totally random. it happens with highend games, low end games, and no game, just a browser running. I have tried resetting the cmos, updating the bios. disabling asus power surge protections. all drivers are up to date, did stress test on video card. fans are clear of dust. 24pin power cable is securely plugged into motherboard. don't know what else to try.

:)

SenseiFil, Jun 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 Stuck on Repair, getting random shutdown.

We just want to verify a few things about the issue you're having with the issue that's going on on your PC. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what were the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?
    • About the random shutdown, is this concern happening prior to the update?

We'll wait for your reply.

Robert Caw, Jun 23, 2019
  3. shelmyth Win User
    Kernal-power 142 Random shutdown

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you make any recent changes to the computer?
    • Does the issue occur on performing a specific action on the computer?

I did a hard reset on my laptop and I went to put McAfee back on and windows defender would no longer update at all, it kept trying to install an update for it but this could never be accomplished. I did an update last night after posting this plea for help
    and now windows defender updated and scanned.

The shutdown happens randomly I can be playing a game, or browsing online, or just sitting here with my computer on not touching it at all.

I did the troubleshooting like you suggested and it found no problems. I will run in safe mode for a few days and see if it happens again, but as I've said it is a random thing.

Thank you for your help

shelmyth, Jun 23, 2019
  4. random computer shutdowns

random shutdowns?

All the shut downs have happened while I was just surfing the web. Oh and yes the Brisbane is an awesome chip for overclocking*Wink random computer shutdowns ;)

t77snapshot, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

random computer shutdowns

1. random computer shutdowns - Similar Threads - random computer shutdowns

2. computer gets shutdown random.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer gets shutdown random.: event viewer says:Critical 1/24/2023 2:28:33 PM Kernel-Power 41 63 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.no new specs on computer....
  3. computer gets shutdown random.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer gets shutdown random.: event viewer says:Critical 1/24/2023 2:28:33 PM Kernel-Power 41 63 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.no new specs on computer....
  4. computer gets shutdown random.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Shutdown Randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shutdown Randomly: So my computer shutdown when I was working on it. Then I looked into the Event log, and a Critical Error lead me to Look at the MEMORY.DMP File. Could someone help me to find what is wrong with my computer? Much Apricated ************* Symbol Loading Error Summary...
  6. Computer Shutdown at Randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shutdown at Randomly: So my computer shutdown when I was working on it. Then I looked into the Event log, and a Critical Error leads me to Look at the MEMORY.DMP File. Could someone help me to find what is wrong with my computer? Much Apricated ************* Symbol Loading Error Summary...
  7. computer randomly restarts or shutdowns

computer randomly restarts or shutdowns: So every now and then I open my computer and find out that it was shut down. At first, I thought it was a windows update, but I don't know anymore. the error I see in the event viewer system log is 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:59:50 on ‎20/‎09/‎2020 was...
  8. Random shutdown

Random shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down. When I then boot my computer again, I get a message from the BIOS stating that it lost contact with the operating system. This happens every 2-3 hours or so. Could you...
  9. Random Shutdowns

Random Shutdowns: So, I work in the I.T. department for a large company and we are all baffled by this new issue. We ordered a handful of OptiPlex 7050's because we need the large case for cards. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise, then I installed a secondary NIC and a NVIDIA QUADRO K620. I...
  10. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdowns: Laptop, Dell Studio 1555, Previously running Win7 Ultimate and had no issues regarding random shutdowns. Upgraded to Win10 Pro, then wiped drive and clean installed Win10 Pro. No issues during installation. No issues with device drivers. No other software installed....