Windows 10: Random Crash and reset, no blue screen, stumped.

Discus and support Random Crash and reset, no blue screen, stumped. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was running this particular computer with Intel and Nvidia parts fine and decided during an upgrade to completely switch over to AMD and Radeon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Threeheadedsheep, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Random Crash and reset, no blue screen, stumped.

I was running this particular computer with Intel and Nvidia parts fine and decided during an upgrade to completely switch over to AMD and Radeon hardware. Since then I've experienced random crashes. I know I should have did a SSD/HDD wipe and install windows 10 fresh but I gave it a chance and now I can't figure out if its a hardware or a driver/system issue.

The crashes are truly random, scrolling through the event viewer there isn't anything glaring. There's no dump files which is also weird. There isn't a blue screen either. I really do not want to reinstall windows 10. After I put this PC together I removed previous drivers and software related to intel and Nvidia but I feel like I may have missed something. I may also have registry errors because of this possibly related to the crashing but I'm not sure.

Can someone point me in the right direction for diagnosing this issue short of reinstalling windows and wiping the drives. I know that would be the best solution but I don't want to reinstall everything I have on here now, it's close to 4TB of data. I'm running AVG tuneup and the pro suite, of course it's saying there are no registry errors and all drivers are up to date etc etc. I'm also using whocrashedit but without a dump file the program can't do much.

:)

Threeheadedsheep, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Ricko66 Win User
    Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error):

Faulting application name: Verdun.exe, version: 2019.2.4.15146, time stamp: 0x5d65bc48

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00003ffca4ea3081

Faulting process ID: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5859441ddbe1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WW1GameSeries\Verdun\Verdun.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 47476bd7-22fa-4760-b22b-07598c183ba1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have also been having random blue screens with the errors PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I have used windows Driver Verifier and I managed to get some blue screens that point to the clipsp.sys driver but I don't think the content of the blue screen contains everything meaningful.

The crashes do not seem to happen in Safe Mode.

In the past months I have tried almost everything:

• Clean boot
    • Updated windows to latest version
    • Used all tools to check integrity or corruption like sfc, chkdsk, ecc.
    • Clean reinstalled windows multiple times
    • Replaced RAM modules
    • Replaced motherboard
    The crashes still happen. Since I have no idea what is causing these crashes my next step will be replacing the CPU...

Ricko66, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Random Crash and reset, no blue screen, stumped.

Blue screen crashes

Hi Howard,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing blue screen errors. If yes, the error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message you received may possibly occur due to a hardware error.
    To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors. You can choose when did you get the error and perform
    the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Random Crash and reset, no blue screen, stumped.

1. Random Crash and reset, no blue screen, stumped. - Similar Threads - Random Crash reset

2. Random Blue Screen Crashes ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Blue Screen Crashes ??: Over the past 2 weeks my 1-year old laptop has started to get random BSODs with no warning, not even doing anything intensive on my laptop. I have no clue what I'm supposed to do, please help. This is my crash report on Event Viewer:- System - Provider [ Name]...
  3. Random Blue Screen Crashes ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Blue Screen Crashes ??: Over the past 2 weeks my 1-year old laptop has started to get random BSODs with no warning, not even doing anything intensive on my laptop. I have no clue what I'm supposed to do, please help. This is my crash report on Event Viewer:- System - Provider [ Name]...
  4. Random crashes to blue screen

Random crashes to blue screen: Recently had issues with computer crashing but was able to delete some software that affected the RGB for my RAM and that seemed to fix the issue. However, now it seems to be happening again. Was hoping someone could assist me in solving this new issue. Here are the dump...
  5. Random crash to blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crash to blue screen: Experience a random crash without warning to a blue screen saying my computer ran into a problem and needed to restart to collect data. Similar crash occurred around two weeks ago. Was watching a video while playing Destiny 2. Was in orbit no intensive activity happening, no...
  6. Random crash to blue screen

Random crash to blue screen: Experience a random crash without warning to a blue screen saying my computer ran into a problem and needed to restart to collect data. Similar crash occurred around two weeks ago. Was watching a video while playing Destiny 2. Was in orbit no intensive activity happening, no...
  7. Random crash to blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. random blue screen crash

random blue screen crash: I need a fresh pair of eyes to find the issue here
  9. Random Crashes No Blue Screen

Random Crashes No Blue Screen: I think it might be power related. I attached the BSOD files and the WhoCrashed File Below. Would love some helpLAPTOP-D3L7AD20-(2021-04-18_01-01-13).zipWhoCrashedOutput.zip - - - Updated - - - Windows 10. Computer in User Info 177885
  10. Stumped on this blue screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stumped on this blue screen.: Hey all not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but here goes: Running win 10 My computer had started to crash with the Blue Screen of death every ten minutes, each time with a different stop code. Every so often a stop code would repeat it self but not often,...