Windows 10: Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Discus and support Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vinsterX, Jun 24, 2015.

1. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

• If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    • If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

vinsterX, Jun 24, 2015

2. Edge is still Buggy Favorites Folders repeat themselves

BUILD 10130

BUG: Edge Browser

In Favourites, the folders that I created repeat themselves in the list.

BUG: Edge Browser

Resizing sometimes crashed the browser.

OnlineStephenLeslie, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Terafurma Win User
    Windows 10 : After Creators update my PC keeps crashing

So after reinstalling windows completely fresh, using the download from the Microsoft website (Build 16299.125) My computer system has been stable last couple of days(no crashes/freezes).

I have the windows update paused at the moment, but i'm concerned that in 35 days it will automatically unpause and download the creators update. and i will be back in the same situation as i was before was the random crashes/freezes of my system, and I
    was wondering if its possible to completely remove automatic windows updates myself?

Terafurma, Jun 24, 2015
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Aside anything, you have 39 programs to auto start with windows. That means 39 programs are always running in the background, and leaving the possibility of conflicts open.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto-start with it; but they can conflict which may cause various issues including randm crashes including BSODs.

• Right click on the taskbar and click on "Task Manager" in the context menu.
    • It will open Task Manager with "Processes" tab selected. Click on the "Startup" tab.
    • Select them all one by one and click "Disable" at the bottom right corner.
    • Disable everything there other than the antivirus.

See how it goes. Let us know.

5. vinsterX Win User
    Thanks for the response, Arc.

I removed almost two thirds of the programs that started up automatically. The first obvious difference was the speed my computer booted. I thought it was fairly quick before, but now it's lightning.

All was well and good for about 15 minutes and I got a critical error in the Shell Infrastructure Host.

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130 [​IMG]

Although I lost the use of the start menu and Cortana, the computer did not crash/freeze. I was able to finish and save what I was working on and sign-out.

The real test will be to see what I find when I sit down at the computer in the morning.

vinsterX, Jun 25, 2015
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    It is a bug of the insider build, I also have experienced it with build 10130; specially during closing some folders etc. A log-off and logon is required to revive the situation.

Hopefully the next build will be free of this issue.

7. vinsterX Win User
    Just wanted to thank you Arc. Apparently one of the twenty-something programs I stopped from launching at startup was causing my computer to crash/freeze. It's been a few days now and I'm still up and running!

vinsterX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130 - Similar Threads - Random Crash Freeze

2. random crashes and freezes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random crashes and freezes?: I'm having problems with my PC crashing and freezing. It seems random, even crashing when I'm not in the room but I've left the computer on. There is no error message. The screen just goes blank and computer stops or on other occasions the screen just freezes. Thanks...
  3. Random Crash and Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crash and Freeze: Hello, I need some help, my pc is recently crash after updateat first I thought it was a driver issues, I reinstall the driver, but no luckI run memory diagnostic, both with windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 and both pass with no issuesI tried run DISM and sfc /scannow...
  4. Random Crashes/Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes/Freezes: For 2-3 weeks now I've been experiencing random crashes/freezes, from various sources according to the Reliability Monitor; Word, Firefox, Chrome Browser, Brave Browser, Windows Explorer. I've documented them all, but for now let list the ones from yesterday.Like I said,...
  5. Random crashes and freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes and freezes: hi, lately i've been experiences some crashes, when that happens my screen just fereezes and than the only thing i can do with it is just turn of the pc. I of course checked every the basics like cpu temperature etc and every is where it should be at. So i cheked the error...
  6. Random crashes and freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random crashes and freezes: hi, lately i've been experiences some crashes, when that happens my screen just fereezes and than the only thing i can do with it is just turn of the pc. I of course checked every the basics like cpu temperature etc and every is where it should be at. So i cheked the error...
  7. Firefox on build 10130

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox on build 10130: For some reason; the latest build of the tech preview keeps resetting my default browser from firefox to I believe internet explorer or the new one for 10 microsoft edge. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this? This seems to be a bug in the tech preview? 7147
  8. build 10130 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    build 10130 product key: I installed this version of win 10.... build 10130 and going through the settings I see that it is not activated. Seems it needs a product key.. Does it actually need one? If so, where do i get it? Thanks for all the information. *Wink Now I remember where it came...
  9. New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing: Hi, I just created my first build and am having some major issues. I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wit's end. :??: I am having trouble with my computer randomly freezing or going to a black screen with my monitor saying there is no connection. The...
  10. Unable to find build 10130

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find build 10130: I downloaded and installed Tech Preview 10130, upgrading from 10074. Today I had to revert back to 10130 because of an issue with iTunes. I solved the issue and now I want to re-upgrade to 10130 again. When I go into Windows Updates though, it tells me that there are no...