Windows 10: Random Crash That's Kinda Scary

Discus and support Random Crash That's Kinda Scary in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had this issue over the past six months or so where my computer will randomly crash midgame. No BSOD, no forewarning. The screens will freeze and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by virdual, Nov 5, 2019.

1. virdual Win User

Random Crash That's Kinda Scary

I've had this issue over the past six months or so where my computer will randomly crash midgame. No BSOD, no forewarning. The screens will freeze and my headset will produce a high-frequency tone, similar to a high octave synth. This screen freeze and noise continues for about 5-10 seconds before the computer does a hard shutdown; Similar to what happens when you hold down the power button on a desktop. The computer will then reboot and post as normal. This won't happen again for 4-6 weeks which makes it very complicated to diagnose.

I did manage to recover a dump file and noticed a Critical Kernel Error in Event Viewer. Random Crash That's Kinda Scary 0d00b3b6-9ae4-45d0-ad83-a68ad2d3d1d4?upload=true.png

I ran DebugDiag 2 but I am unsure what some of the values mean. I know that I have BugCheck Code 0x3B which seems to be either hardware or driver related. Here is a screenshot of the analysis summary: Random Crash That's Kinda Scary 3a97211d-1246-4d90-84c9-848676abdfbb?upload=true.png

Any thoughts of what this can be before I start unleashing driver updates and trying to replace hardware? The only recent hardware that has been changed in the past six months is a liquid cooler due to the previous one failing. Temperatures are never above 65 C so I can't see it being watchdog protection.

PC Specs: i5-8600K, 280mm Liquid Cooler, MSI Z370 Motherboard, (2x8) 16 GB G.SKILL DDR4-3600 CL19, Nvidia GTX 1080, EVGA Gold 750W Power Supply, Samsung Evo 860 SSD 256GB, (2) Samsung SSHD 500GB. No overclock on CPU or GPU.

:)

virdual, Nov 5, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 5, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Random Crash That's Kinda Scary - Similar Threads - Random Crash That's

2. Yikes! Decoding the code is scary!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yikes! Decoding the code is scary!: I am not sure if this is normal. Should we all be afraid?A laptop, that I bought yesterday, has already been hacked with someone sideloading NT files so they can remote desktop to me unnoticed failed since they take over my trackpad and in my anger of their intrusion and...
  3. Scary Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scary Windows 10 updates: I have a Surface Pro LTE Intel Core i5. When it received the update on 4/22/21 the keyboard, pen, usb port and bluetooth stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the updates. I ran the troubleshooter. It said the pc didn't have Bluetooth capability. Not true. It was...
  4. Windows kinda locks up randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows kinda locks up randomly: Hello, Since a few days my OS keeps freezing at random points. I can still use the mouse and do some things, but I can't access the Taskbar. Windows key doesn't work, but alt+tab does. Task manager does show up after some time, but I can't interact with it until it crashes...
  5. This is weird and scary

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is weird and scary: To add I have checked i have no virus and stuff like that Every time I open Windows protect it says something like !1% as the name and closes 1 second after. Nothing else to add I have tried doing windows protect disabled off in regristy but it was already off. submitted...
  6. Windows kinda crashing 2004 19041.329

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows kinda crashing 2004 19041.329: Once it got out on OTA I got the update. Since last two weeks I only noticed a blue screen causing restart. But I got an update about two weeks ago and system kinda reboots itself after long periods of sleep (like 20 minutes). It's happening whether apps running, idling in...
  7. Random and kinda frequent BSOD on newly built PC.

Random and kinda frequent BSOD on newly built PC.: Greetings! I have bought fairly recently a custom built gaming computer and it gets quite often ( and as of late more so) some BSOD errors when playing some games or watching youtube/twitch videos on my browser. I don't understand what the issue is, and maybe you guys can...
  8. Is MSN.com website is scary

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is MSN.com website is scary: Is MSN.com the easiest site to pick up the fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum? It appears to me that if you want to be infected msn.com is the best place to go. Unfortunately, I have an old msn.com email address that I still use....
  9. Kinda Random BSOD "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys)''

Kinda Random BSOD "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys)'': So yeah the computer has been acting fine for the most part since the Anniversary update came out, but has in the last 4-5 days been bluescreening on random intervals and I can't for the life of me find out why. The BSOD I get is "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys)''. I...
  10. Quick reset sounds scary.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick reset sounds scary.: I've had a lot of problems with my Windows 10 from day one and would like to do a reset. I get a list of apps and programs that will need to be reinstalled, among others "Synaptic Pointing Device Driver". Does that mean that my touchpad will stop working after the reset?...