Windows 10: Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD

Discus and support Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 1902 (OS.Build 18362.418) Hi, This was a random crash that happened, occurred few times in the past. However, Through inspecting in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mik07, Nov 1, 2019.

1. mik07 Win User

Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD

Windows 1902 (OS.Build 18362.418)
    Hi,

This was a random crash that happened, occurred few times in the past. However, Through inspecting in the eventlog, it only states the " The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." while stating under Details section SYSTEM
    Keywords 0x8000400000000002, I search 'keyword' in search engine, this topic appeared
    Computer keeps crashing, error 0x8000400000000002,
    *chuckle
    However, with my experience, it can be other factor in play. Want to determine the root cause of possible laying problem

- - - Updated - - -

Windows 10 acting all of sudden, I know, you may conclude to be a virus
    The feedback was negative for any type of virus.
    I had posted thread earlier on different site, Slow windows explorer, not sure how to look at this - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help,

This all started few hr after posting the first post, while I was downloading a driver on the firefox ( latest version 70.1) the download was stuck which I tried to cancel it. Certainly odd, never experienced any problem before. After, I restarted the laptop, I tried to download the file again on different browser it worked perfectly fine. I tried to download it on firefox again, same problem. Screenshot by Lightshot

From here until now, its been crashing windows and other things,

I ended the firefox in the task manager, It should have ended the whole firefox process. However, I looked into the task Manager, in Details tab, It was there, Few times, I restarted, Now the problem was attempting to open firefox, it kept saying the following 'firefox is aready running, but is not responding the old firefox process must be closed to open new window'

This part where windows 10 acting weird, at first encountered windows log in page, there was no visible input button, just blureed image.
    2nd, For some reason, I went to check system protection this error prompted right after clicking it, it

3rd Symptom When I try to go on C drive properties Disk Cleanup section, to perform, right after it starts, however the process bar stay at the same place. Even after canceling it, the whole windows explore will become unresponsive, accessing any folder, it takes time and doesn;t load.

FYI: few days I did clean up system files, there was few space eating up by the old windows files, I deleted with Disk clean manager. secondly, on my other post in different forum, ran FRST. Another thing is upon checking sfc, it indicated few corrupt files, the cbs.log It may help to figure if there any dependencies on each other.

I hope someone can help me here with the problem, I desperately need some assist on this.

:)

mik07, Nov 1, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Binge Win User

Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD - Similar Threads - Random Crash until

2. Random Crashes / Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes / Restarts: I bought a new computer a couple months ago, and have been having problems with it randomly restarting, or freezing and then restarting. I have tried everything, and I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I tried reinstalling drivers, doing a clean windows install,...
  3. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  4. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  5. Laptop randomly crashing and restarting without BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly crashing and restarting without BSOD.: Greetings.Lately my Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2021 has been freezing then restarting several times a day. I have tried diagnosing it using the lenovo diagnostic tools and memtest as well as driver verifier which said VANGUARD was causing an error, which I uninstalled but still kept...
  6. Laptop randomly crashing and restarting without BSOD.

Laptop randomly crashing and restarting without BSOD.: Greetings.Lately my Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2021 has been freezing then restarting several times a day. I have tried diagnosing it using the lenovo diagnostic tools and memtest as well as driver verifier which said VANGUARD was causing an error, which I uninstalled but still kept...
  7. Laptop randomly crashing and restarting without BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BSOD/Random restarts and crashes

BSOD/Random restarts and crashes: Hello everyone, attached is my log. I been having BSOD for ages but now my computer just seems to restart itself. On some occasions the screen crashes and also any audio playing will just sound like a broken record looping, I usually have problems downloading windows updates...
  9. Windows randomly crashing and restarting without BSOD

Windows randomly crashing and restarting without BSOD: Hi, Just bought a new PowerSpec G467 - https://www.microcenter.com/product/629573/powerspec-g467-gaming-computer Since day 1, the computer randomly is restarting without BSOD. It probably happens once a day and usually within the first 10 minutes of booting up and usually...
  10. Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD

Random Crash, until restarted. No BSOD: Windows 1902 (OS.Build 18362.418) Hi, This was a random crash that happened, occurred few times in the past. However, Through inspecting in the eventlog, it only states the " The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox 70.1 crashing