Windows 10: Random crashes and freezes.

Discus and support Random crashes and freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently my computer has been acting strangely, and randomly freezing and restarting or just locking up.About 75% of the time the computer just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanLNC, Jul 25, 2021.

1. RyanLNC Win User

Random crashes and freezes.

So recently my computer has been acting strangely, and randomly freezing and restarting or just locking up.About 75% of the time the computer just freezes with audio still playing, waits for about 30 seconds, then restarts with an error in the Event Viewer that says: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffaa8fb181c010, 0xfffff8046a1719e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 889a6283-2b

:)

RyanLNC, Jul 25, 2021
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jul 25, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Random crashes and freezes.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Random crashes and freezes.

1. Random crashes and freezes. - Similar Threads - Random crashes freezes

2. PC randomly freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezing/crashing: Hello My pc randomly freeze's n crashes. I have 2 DMP files I used Windbg Preview to check the files but can't understand them so I took screenshots can somebody look at the files n tell me the problem? Link to screen shots -...
  3. Computer freezing and crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly.: So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....
  4. W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently: Hello, I will first describe my situation. I have a Panasonic toughbook CF-19 Mk6 with i5-3rd gen core + 16GB RAM. The machine has been in my hands for a few years now and it used to act as a mobile wifi server using Windows 7 Pro or linux and has never had any issues. The...
  5. Random windows freeze/crash/reboot

Random windows freeze/crash/reboot: For the past few days my PC has been freezing/crashing and then rebooting. I have not changed anything, I just moved and was not having this issue until I started using my pc in the new location! .DMP file below. https://gofile.io/d/abc123...
  6. Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly

Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly: Hey all, This problem I have been having a while. I often get complete freezes randomly playing video games. There is no lead up to it, nothing to suggest it's struggling and can't pin point the trigger. Best way to describe it is, it's like a BSOD but it's frozen so I...
  7. Random freezes and crashes, ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

Random freezes and crashes, ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe: While using java or flash content, or playing video games, laptop screen randomly freezes, repeating one sound, seems that disk is still working for a while, some files can make autosave. To turn off laptop I need to hold Power button. No dump files were logged for a year,...
  8. Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes

Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes: Good day TenForums, As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very frequently lately. My system is running on: Windows 10, Intel i5 4570 Radeon 6950 12Gig Ram. I added the DM log file...
  9. random crashes and screen freezes

random crashes and screen freezes: need help troubleshooting my random crashes and screen freezes, i have to manually reboot sometimes to solve the issue or it will just auto restart see attached zip for the dump, thanks! 55188
  10. Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130: Hello everyone. I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests...