Windows 10: random crashes and pc restarts...

Discus and support random crashes and pc restarts... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; looked at the event viewer I see kernel power and random windows components fails... is it because of the latest windows update?? :/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TallestDavid, Jul 13, 2019.

1. random crashes and pc restarts...

looked at the event viewer I see kernel power and random windows components fails... is it because of the latest windows update?? :/

:)

TallestDavid, Jul 13, 2019

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 13, 2019
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jul 13, 2019
  4. random crashes and pc restarts...

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

random crashes and pc restarts...

1. random crashes and pc restarts... - Similar Threads - random crashes restarts

2. Random Crashes / Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes / Restarts: I bought a new computer a couple months ago, and have been having problems with it randomly restarting, or freezing and then restarting. I have tried everything, and I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I tried reinstalling drivers, doing a clean windows install,...
  3. Random Crashes / Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes / Restarts: I bought a new computer a couple months ago, and have been having problems with it randomly restarting, or freezing and then restarting. I have tried everything, and I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I tried reinstalling drivers, doing a clean windows install,...
  4. Random Crashes / Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  6. Random restarts and crashes

Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  7. Random restarts and crashes

8. PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts

PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts: Good evening,My computer keeps crashing out of nowhere and I am unable to identify what is causing the crashes. My computer is a custom-built computer, and when I first built it, I installed Windows on my SSD. In less than a week, Windows kept crashing and blue-screening...
  9. PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts: Good evening,My computer keeps crashing out of nowhere and I am unable to identify what is causing the crashes. My computer is a custom-built computer, and when I first built it, I installed Windows on my SSD. In less than a week, Windows kept crashing and blue-screening...
  10. PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts