Windows 10: Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

Discus and support Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers Search for it there and delete it. Then continue with Driver Verifier for any such misbehaving driver. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hadesflames, May 18, 2016.

1. Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

The driver's been removed. Just experienced another freeze so I'm guessing it was unrelated. Still nice to be rid of that trash driver, but the issue persists. Attached is another dump. There was no BSOD at all this time, so the bsod mini dump in the archive is the same one from before.

hadesflames, May 19, 2016
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Do you still have Driver Verifier enabled?

3. It was enabled when the last freeze I posted about above happened. It's technically currently still enabled is I haven't rebooted yet since disabling it.

hadesflames, May 19, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

If it was enabled (enabled means enabled; not disabled but not rebooted) when the computer did a freeze last time, disable driver verifier.

Then, disable all the startup items. Well, it is not a startup related issue. But the startup items started with windows and always running in the background. So the chance of conflict always remains there; not only due to system startup.
    Code: Caption Command User OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE ShareX ShareX.lnk ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras SteelSeries Engine C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine\SteelSeriesEngine.exe ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras Lync "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\lync.exe" /fromrunkey ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras SandboxieControl "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\SbieCtrl.exe" ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras Steam "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras Skype "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras Discord C:\Users\Aldo Barreras\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.290\Discord.exe ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras GoogleChromeAutoLaunch_5CC420B1D06EF2432B948463E7292D30 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 ALDOBARRERAS-PC\Aldo Barreras Killer Network Manager C:\PROGRA~1\KILLER~1\NETWOR~1\NETWOR~1.EXE -minimize Public SteelSeries Engine 3 C:\PROGRA~1\STEELS~1\STEELS~2\STEELS~2.EXE -dataPath="C:\ProgramData\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine 3" -dbEnv=production -auto=true Public RTHDVCPL "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe" -s Public NvBackend "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core\NvBackend.exe" Public ShadowPlay "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll,ShadowPlayOnSystemStart Public IAStorIcon "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIconLaunch.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe" 60 Public MsiTrueColor "C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\MSI True Color\MsiTrueColor.exe" startup_folder Public NahimicMSIUILauncher C:\Program Files\Nahimic\NahimicMSI\UserInterface\NahimicMSIUILauncher.exe /noUI Public SCM C:\Program Files (x86)\SCM\SCM.exe Public AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe" Public ETDCtrl %ProgramFiles%\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exe Public[/quote] Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto-start with it; but they can conflict which may cause various issues including randm crashes including BSODs.

• Right click on the taskbar and click on "Task Manager" in the context menu.
    • It will open Task Manager with "Processes" tab selected. Click on the "Startup" tab.
    • Select them all one by one and click "Disable" at the bottom right corner.
    • Disable everything there other than the antivirus.
    Then reboot the computer. Give it a time then. See how it goes.

I see that you have a great lot of factory bloatware installed. Is it a factory installed windows or a custom install by you? Let us know.

5. So. after removing startup programs, freezes still continue. I've noticed that they occur significantly more frequently when I play this game:

Showdown!

Meanwhile, a freeze never occurs at all while I'm playing a fullscreen game that uses the gfx card rather than integrated gfx. Figure that means it might be related to the processor then. I ran Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool and got a pass on all tests, though I only ran it once.

Also, yes it's a factory install of windows. Haven't really touched it much as none of the stuff that came with it bothers me much. I just got rid of the usual garbage like the trial anti-virus and what not.

hadesflames, May 22, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Is it?

Uninstall the installed display drivers using this tool: Display Driver Uninstaller.
    Uninstall both the Intel Display Driver and Nvidia display driver.

Then go to MSI's website: Support For GS60 6QE Ghost Pro(4K) | MSI Global | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider
    Gen the Nvidia driver version 353.74 dated 28/08/2015 and either Intel VGA you like.

Report the situation back, with a system information file.

7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Apparently nothing is looking bad.
    Are you experiencing any further freezes?

8. Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

Hasn't frozen since then. But I do still get the periodic freeze where I can't click on anything and have to ctrl+alt+del to get everything to work again. Apparently that's also a driver issue.

hadesflames, Jun 1, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    It sounds like a driver related issue for sure.
    I guess a clean install can make the situation better.

Thema:

Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

1. Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues - Similar Threads - Random crashes seemingly

2. PC crashes seemingly random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes seemingly random: Over the last day, I have had 2 crashes. Here are the DMP files for them https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmlJf6s-PCrWhCVDEZsvGJ6AuiBK?e=kPjk7Ithe first one happened when i left my computer idle watching a twitch stream, and the other one happened while using microsoft paint....
  3. PC crashes seemingly random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes seemingly random: Over the last day, I have had 2 crashes. Here are the DMP files for them https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmlJf6s-PCrWhCVDEZsvGJ6AuiBK?e=kPjk7Ithe first one happened when i left my computer idle watching a twitch stream, and the other one happened while using microsoft paint....
  4. PC crashes seemingly randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes seemingly randomly: Hello,my PC crashes randomly for now 2 weeks, usually while playing different games like Naraka Bladepoint or Apex Legends but also while only watching youtube and chatting with friends.Every time I notice that it does not react to my inputs anymore and I just have to wait a...
  5. PC crashes seemingly randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes seemingly randomly: Hello,my PC crashes randomly for now 2 weeks, usually while playing different games like Naraka Bladepoint or Apex Legends but also while only watching youtube and chatting with friends.Every time I notice that it does not react to my inputs anymore and I just have to wait a...
  6. Random Crashes Related with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Crashes Related with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hallo, Recently my computer has been crashing and restarting at random, and when the crash happens I receive the error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. And when I used Event Viewer I received the error: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could...
  7. PC Crash Seemingly Audio Related

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Crash Seemingly Audio Related: Hi All,I have recently encountered a problem with consistent crashes which I cant seem to get to the bottom of.When using 3.5mm jack audio on my speakers, seemingly randomly the sound will repeat about twice a second, then the screen freezes, then the pc either dies or...
  8. Random crashes with seemingly no fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random crashes with seemingly no fix: A brief run down of my situation, in the most logical way I can present it: Built a gaming PC running Windows 10 about a year ago. Smooth sailing, no real issues, but totally forgot to format my extra internal hard drive. Finally reached a point where I needed the extra...
  9. Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.: My development laptop has been having trouble recently when working with anything that requires a fair amount of graphics processing power (Unreal Engine, gaming, etc). Performance also seems somewhat worse, but it may be related to whatever is failing. The actual blue screen...
  10. Audio issues, seemingly not driver related.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues, seemingly not driver related.: So, I transitioned flawlessly to Windows 10 on release day in 2015, everything was working flawlessly, beside the odd intermittent bug of little relevance. Now 1 year later things have been a lot less enjoyable. During this time of consistent updates, I've had numerous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dbenv= steelseries