Windows 10: Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

Discus and support Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Recently I have an issue where for no apparent reason my windows apps, just all close. No stutter on the PC no freezing in game or in other... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BloodShedderEOD, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

Recently I have an issue where for no apparent reason my windows apps, just all close. No stutter on the PC no freezing in game or in other applications, it all just stops. The Microsoft Store, Xbox Console Companion, and Forza Horizon 4 or Motorsport 7 will all just close with no warning, no errors, no reason and suddenly at just a random point. All Updates are installed, all graphics Drivers are up to date. I did not have this issue a year ago with the same applications and nothing on the PC has changed. All other processes stay running, Chrome, Discord, Twitch, etc...

:)

BloodShedderEOD, Sep 28, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 28, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. vinsterX Win User

Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

1. Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications. - Similar Threads - Random 'crashes' Closing

2. Applications randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications randomly crashing: Good morning. I have an issue with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome crashing after being open 5-10 minutes. Can I just note, this is happening on both my desktop and laptop. When one crashes, the other one crashes at approximately the exact same time. I do not have multiple...
  3. Applications randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications randomly crashing: Good morning. I have an issue with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome crashing after being open 5-10 minutes. Can I just note, this is happening on both my desktop and laptop. When one crashes, the other one crashes at approximately the exact same time. I do not have multiple...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.: For the past week or so I've been randomly experiencing multiple BSODs along with random applications crashing/closing without any crash reports. I've tried testing all 128GB 4 x 32gb DDR4 of my RAM using MemTest86 all individually one at a time to try and narrow out my RAM...
  5. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.: For the past week or so I've been randomly experiencing multiple BSODs along with random applications crashing/closing without any crash reports. I've tried testing all 128GB 4 x 32gb DDR4 of my RAM using MemTest86 all individually one at a time to try and narrow out my RAM...
  6. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random applications crashing

Random applications crashing: Faulting application name: WhatsApp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6374cccbFaulting module name: WhatsApp.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6374cccbException code: 0x00001007Fault offset: 0x0000000004affd76Faulting process id: 0x0x13B0Faulting application start time:...
  8. applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time: it has happened for a while now, playing any game, after a certain while the game will crash or close, my screen may go black then i will be back at my desktop screen. on there occasions my pc will restart or just continue on full power with no graphics output....
  9. applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time: it has happened for a while now, playing any game, after a certain while the game will crash or close, my screen may go black then i will be back at my desktop screen. on there occasions my pc will restart or just continue on full power with no graphics output....
  10. applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware