Windows 10: Random crashes, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Random crashes, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have been getting random crashes on my laptop every few days since 4 months ago (got this laptop 1 year ago). Seems to be related to a few issues:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeeCareGene, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Random crashes, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Have been getting random crashes on my laptop every few days since 4 months ago (got this laptop 1 year ago).

Seems to be related to a few issues:

It almost always crashes when the mobile hotspot is on (doesn't crash straight away, only symptom of crashing is mobile hotspot suddenly stops transferring data). This has been the reason for the first few crashes (never turned on mobile hotspot before). Subsequent crashes when mobile hotspot is on had no blue screen whatsoever.

Seems like when my secondary GPU is under load (Nvidia GeForce 920M) the laptop sometimes crashes (playing not very intensive games and watching YouTube). The framerate drops rapidly before crashing and blares a dull pitch through the speakers while the blue screen shows.

The only 2 times the crashes were different was when I got an error code that wasn't IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but I forgot what it was and the other was I got an orange (blue) screen with the same error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Attachment 132911

:)

LeeCareGene, Apr 28, 2017

2. Random crashing with Asus mobo

Hello, ive been experiencing random crashing a lot lately ever since i got my new pc, the specs are

AMD FX 8300 8 core cpu

16 gbs of ram

Asus M5a78l m

400w RAIDMAX psu

Ive tried everything forums said from updating drivers to reinstalling windows to new ram and i will still get these errors

MEMORY_MANAGMENT

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and more

AshtonMyers, Apr 28, 2017
  3. Kernel_security_Check_Failure and IRQL_Not_Less_Or _Equal BSOD errors on Windows 10.

It crashes during startup after restarting for verifier Error Message IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal.

I checked the settings and they are set for DMPS.

andrewsavage577, Apr 28, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random crashes, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The zip file you uploaded is empty. Please try again.

Ztruker, Apr 29, 2017
  5. I reran the log collector but still got an empty zip file. Can I just send all my minidumps in a zip file instead?

LeeCareGene, Apr 29, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Have you moved your user folders to a different location? That can cause this. I really want to see the other files collected along with the mini dumps, but for now go ahead and zip them up and upload here.

The files should be collected in %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TFdebugFiles thenmzipped to %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\%COMPUTERNAME%-%_my_datetime%.zip, where %_my_datetime% is generated by dm_log_collector.exe.

Ztruker, Apr 30, 2017
  7. I added the dump files.

LeeCareGene, Apr 30, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Most of the dumps indicate a problem with athw8x.sys.
    Code: BugCheck A, {48, 2, 1, fffff8017892f4ac} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athw8x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athw8x.sys Probably caused by : athw8x.sys ( athw8x+163fe9 )[/quote] Driver Description: Atheros Wireless LAN Driver
    Driver Update Site: Official site: Drivers | Qualcomm
    Unofficial site: http://www.atheros.cz

The one you have installed is dated Thu Jan 28 04:52:54 2016.

You didn't provide the ASUS model number so I can't check their web site for updated drivers.

Ztruker, Apr 30, 2017
  9. The model number is TP300L but seems like Asus doesn't provide drivers for it anymore.

LeeCareGene, May 1, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    What is the complete model number? TP300LA or TP300LD?
    Do you have a link to the ASUS site for this model? I'm not having any luck finding one as it keeps asking for CPU or BIOS number.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random crashes, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Random crashes error

2. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  3. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello everyone, My PC has been crashing for quite some time now. The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more... One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I...
  4. Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: [ATTACH] I have recently been getting random computer freezes followed by 3-5 beeps where I can only hard reboot by holding down the power button. This was a new PC that i built back recently in December 2019. Also once got the BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Is this an...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash: Hello everyone, So, my laptop has been having a lot of random problems but this blue screen of death was the best problem that I could be specific about. I was simply browsing Steam when the BSOD happened. Before writing this thread I already checked a few things: - Ran...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Randomly: Hey, I'm getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly. Sometimes directly after booting into windows, sometimes when I start up a game. Yesterday it ran for 11 hours with heavy load (uncommon). I have updated windows to the latest version. All drivers are on the latest...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash: Hello, So it already happend to me trice that my laptop just suddenly crashes and gives me irql_not_less_or_equal error saying ndis.sys failed and I really find this strange. Can somebody please help? Thank you.Attachment 127018 80365
  8. Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I'm having some problems with random Bsods after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (not clean install). I did clean reinstall of most of the drivers 1 by 1 to try and track down what's causing the issue without any luck. First i thought problem was Xonar STX driver...
  9. BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello there 10 forum. from about 3 days I have frequently BSOD crashes showing irql_not_less_or_equal error. I have no idea why is it happening. It happens when I am watching streams, playing games, etc. :__; Here is the file: Attachment 34829 Thanks for any help....
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and game crashing - Windows 10

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and game crashing - Windows 10: Hello all. I have constantly looked at similar titles hoping it would lead me to figure out what is actually happening to my laptop. Alas, I cannot find an answer. I get this BSoD whenever I play games, not even during intense situations. Sometimes the game would run just...