Windows 10: Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...

Discus and support Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I am getting random crashes a few times per day. Can someone please help me diagnos this problem using the dump files? I am a little out of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeremyGalvin1, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...

Hello,I am getting random crashes a few times per day. Can someone please help me diagnos this problem using the dump files? I am a little out of my depth here.Thank you in advance.Jeremy

:)

JeremyGalvin1, Feb 27, 2022
  2. garyinhere, Feb 27, 2022
  3. Tomok Win User
    Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file

Hi everyone,

I bought a new computer a few days ago. I put it together with my brother, this wasn't the first machine we assembled, so everything should be fine on that front.
    Then, i installed up-to-date drivers from the manufacturer's homepages for my Mainboard and Graphics Card and installed a few necessary programs and my games (Kaspersky Internet Security, Teamspeak, Discord, BDO, GW2, Thunderbird etc.).

At first, i got a few BSODs (first three dump files attached) with the error code "Memory_Management". They happened quite frequently and i believe these were due to an outdated BIOS. The latest BIOS update even listed in the change log, that compatibility with my M2-SSD was improved (see here). BIOS is also up-to-date now.

The System ran for 24 hours+ without crash on occasion. But after a day or so after waking up, i realized my computer crashed while running over night. And today it happened again while i was eating dinner, so i don't know what was listed as failure on the BSOD (i disabled automatic restart so i should be able to read it next time).

Stuff i tried so far:
    • I ran memtest86 over night through 5.5 passes without any errors.
    • While testing driver verifier, Windows didn't start because of kl1.sys until system repair (which disabled driver verifier)
    • I also tried using Windbg, but i didn't understand the Dump-File

Here is the Hardware in my System:

MB: MSI Gaming M5 Z270
    CPU: i5 7600K
    GPU: Asus GTX 1070 STRIX G8
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB (2x 8GB) DDR4-2400
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2
    HDD: 2000GB WD Blue WD20EZRZ (put in after the first random BSOD)
    Power Supply: 600W Corsair CX

The DM-Log Collector zip is attached.

This Software was definitely running during both random crashes:

Black Desert Online (and xingcode3 anti-cheat)
    Logitech Gaming Software
    Kaspersky Internet Security
    Killer Control Center
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    Realtek HD Audiomanager

I hope some of you guys can help me, thanks!

Tomok, Feb 27, 2022
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...

How do I read or understand dump file?

Yeah axe0 I was thinking the same thing, because even thou I got the crash dump file, this morning, my OS never crashed, or rebooted. Everything was running ok, but I did manually reboot anyways just to make sure. I was just trying to figure out what Windows 10 did, or what happened to make the crash dump file. As you can tell, I don't know much at all about trying to understand or read the crash dump info. But......my OS is running fine, everything is working.

OldMike65, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...

1. Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the... - Similar Threads - Random Crashes need

2. Need help on reading dump files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on reading dump files.: Hi,I'm a technical support for a store consist of 3 POS. Since 4 months ago, all these 3 POS have been randomly auto restart or BSOD. It can happen during peak hour or even after the store closed they leave running 24/7. I have swapped parts such as motherboard, HDD, RAM, PSU...
  3. Need help on reading dump files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on reading dump files.: Hi,I'm a technical support for a store consist of 3 POS. Since 4 months ago, all these 3 POS have been randomly auto restart or BSOD. It can happen during peak hour or even after the store closed they leave running 24/7. I have swapped parts such as motherboard, HDD, RAM, PSU...
  4. Help understanding this dump file

Help understanding this dump file: I have a PC with Windows 10 freshly installed. The PC encounters a blue screen BSOD multiple times per day. The blue screen is visually distorted, blurry and off-center. I found these in the event viewer as well as the MEMORY.DMP file and opened it with WinDbg but I can't...
  5. Need Help in reading memory dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help in reading memory dump: Hello Everyone, I just encountered an BSOD recently and that stated "kernel power" something like that cause. Now i have a dump file can anyone help me in solving this problem?...
  6. Need Help in reading memory dump

Need Help in reading memory dump: Hello Everyone, I just encountered an BSOD recently and that stated "kernel power" something like that cause. Now i have a dump file can anyone help me in solving this problem?...
  7. Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...: Hello,I am getting random crashes a few times per day. Can someone please help me diagnos this problem using the dump files? I am a little out of my depth here.Thank you in advance.Jeremy...
  8. Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...

Random Crashes, I need help reading and understanding the memory dump files to isolate the...: Hello,I am getting random crashes a few times per day. Can someone please help me diagnos this problem using the dump files? I am a little out of my depth here.Thank you in advance.Jeremy...
  9. Need help reading crash dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help reading crash dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqJkHvOxu9_tc3xLn8rJoAxIKDY?e=CzreSw Sometimes BSOD sometimes just computer freezing Recently "reset" this computer with the Windows 10 feature, chose to keep personal data. Very new to this, not sure if I included all the information needed....
  10. Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file: Hi everyone, I bought a new computer a few days ago. I put it together with my brother, this wasn't the first machine we assembled, so everything should be fine on that front. Then, i installed up-to-date drivers from the manufacturer's homepages for my Mainboard and...