Windows 10: Random crashes since computer was first built

Discus and support Random crashes since computer was first built in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System: CPU: FX 9590 MB: m5a99fx pro r2.0 GPU: sapphire trix 290x ram: 16gb Powersupply: 1000w So before this setup, I had a fatal1ty fx 990... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rowow, Nov 28, 2015.

1. rowow Win User

Random crashes since computer was first built

System:
    CPU: FX 9590
    MB: m5a99fx pro r2.0
    GPU: sapphire trix 290x
    ram: 16gb
    Powersupply: 1000w

So before this setup, I had a fatal1ty fx 990 that would cause random blue screens, I RMA'd my CPU, my motherboard two times, and replaced my ram, ram slots, harddrive, and video cards with a lower end one, but it would still randomly blue screen with a error and sometimes to the hard drive controller or something (I forgot exactly)
    I attempted to install drivers with the CD, updated drivers from online, etc.
    So I decided to replace my MB and got the one I have right now (m5a99fx pro r2.0) And like magic I dont have any more blue screens, instead the computer just locks up, no response and I have to hard reset it with the button... I tried reinstalling windows on a whole new hard drive with only having the same exact issues.
    And I checked the registry with it showing me no major errors except that there was a unexpected shutdown

So I decided I am just too bad with computers and decided to give tech support a visit the first time in my life (UbreakitIfixit) with 1 week later them telling my my MB is the issue, then another week them saying they dont know what the issue after they attempted to replace my MB and for me to pick it up with no charge.

I am planning to go to another place but before I do I want to try with someone on the forums. I am desperate, I really need to get my pc back so I can start school work again (Its a pain on this laptop...)

(EDIT)
    SOLUTION:
    Heating issues. Upgraded to a water cooler and had no issues ever since

:)

rowow, Nov 28, 2015

2. Random Computer Crashes while playing a game or using Windows 10 computer.

Old title: Random Computer Crashes...

I built my very first PC a few months ago and I have been having problems from pretty much day 1. The computer is randomly crashing and I have no clue why. From in the middle of playing a game to just simply starting up the computer has crashed. It will
    all of a sudden quit responding and there is a low buzzing noise, then eventually it will restart itself then go to a black screen saying to reboot and select proper boot device. After this I am able to power off and restart and it works but still has the
    same random crashes. I have been trying to troubleshoot but have been unsuccessful... Any help would be much appreciated.

RowingIsLife, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Computer crashes frequently, since Windows 10 was upgraded to the latest version..??

I've recently upgraded my windows 10, to the last version (about 2 weeks ago), and since then, the system crashes frequently (requiring "recover web page" every 15 or 20 minutes .!!),,, Is there a way to stop that problem, in order not to have to cancel
    my upgrade, and restore system back to the old version.?? Appreciate your response - Thank you.

SamyHedayah, Nov 28, 2015
  4. rowow Win User

I also forgot to add that I also attempted to update the bios with that also not helping...

rowow, Nov 28, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
  6. rowow Win User
    Please read my post, ive explained that this is a system lockup that does not show any crash in winregistry, so in short, it is NOT a blue screen and does not show any crash reports

rowow, Nov 30, 2015
  7. rowow Win User
    So I decided to give the DMcollector a try and it turns out there are two mini dumps that where made, weird as I have not been able to find them.
    1: When I ran the program the first time withing a few seconds the computer went into a blue screen...
    2: Ive tried again and it managed to get about 85% on the refreshing system information loading thing and it locked up
    3: tried again and it was on the refreshing system information loading thing for about 30% and said cd rom and blue screened
    4: tried again and it went through and made a successful file

Ive added a number to the begging of each file it made on the desktop corresponding to each situation explained above.

rowow, Nov 30, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.
    Code: <ActivePartialProductKey>T83GX</ActivePartialProductKey> <ActiveProductKeyPid2>00331-10000-00001-AA200</ActiveProductKeyPid2> <OSVersion>10.0.10240.2.00010100.0.0.048</OSVersion> <ProductName>Windows 10 Pro</ProductName> <ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture> <EditionId>Professional</EditionId> <BuildLab>10240.th1.150930-1750</BuildLab> <TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone> <ActiveSkuId>2de67392-b7a7-462a-b1ca-108dd189f588</ActiveSkuId> <ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription> <ProductUniquenessGroups>55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f</ProductUniquenessGroups> <ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>08e404fb-41f3-77ac-59ef-6e9f2d3f499d</ActiveProductKeyPKeyId> <ActiveProductKeyPidEx>03612-03311-000-000001-03-1033-10240.0000-2642015</ActiveProductKeyPidEx> <ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel> <ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>55041-00168-381-204556-03-1033-7601.0000-2142015</ActiveVolumeCustomerPid> <OfflineInstallationId>318582010731661336001829671088516316938333279228570853536002246</OfflineInstallationId> <DomainJoined>false</DomainJoined>[/quote] Forum rules

9. rowow Win User
    Forum rules[/quote] Ive purchased a windows license and should arrive in a few hours, if not then hopefully tomorrow.
    But ive used this same iso on my laptop which had windows 8 and a whole bunch of bloatware and on my 3d printer's computer, both I am not willing to pay for a whole new windows for as the printing computer I never use (and I know you can upgrade for free but the issue is the bloatware comes along with the upgrade)
    But like I said, once I get the "legal" version of windows ill post back immediately, and I really hope this solves my issue, because I tried EVERYTHING

rowow, Dec 1, 2015
  10. rowow Win User
    Forum rules[/quote] So I reinstalled with a usb creator directly from microsoft and activated with a valid key,
    First time it locked up
    Second time it blue screened
    Third time it locked up
    Fourth time it locked up on startup
    Fifth time it locked up
    And finally I was able to start and finish the collecting tool
    Here are the minidumps

rowow, Dec 1, 2015
  11. rowow Win User
    Just got another blue screen two times, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    But I waited for 5 mins and it was stuck at 0%, so I force restarted and it did not create a mini dump.

Did a stress test with prime95 while viewing with AMD SYSTEM MONITOR and CPUID HWMonitor
    Temperatures where fine but then core#4 dropped to 30% and immediately locked up

After that I hard reset the computer and it was stuck on the asus logo, after a few mins the computer shut down and the cpu cooler was hot, defiantly over 70c

Ill try to run another test once the computer cools down, but this is weird, maybe the cpu is bad?

rowow, Dec 1, 2015
  12. rowow Win User
    So it was difficult to boot back up, many times it would boot to a black screen and reset after a min, or boot to the asus logo and get stuck again, but eventually I got it booted on and did a stress test
    Temperatures went to 65C and locked up, no cores dropped like last time

rowow, Dec 1, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

It indeed sounds like the CPU is damaged.

If you can, run some tests from Hardware Diagnostics starting with bootable tests.

14. rowow Win User
    Thanks, ill run it right now. And out of curiosity if you view the photos should the AMD SYSTEM MONITOR be showing 0mhz memory speed for the video card? Isn't that a bit weird?

rowow, Dec 1, 2015
  15. L600MAT Win User
    rowrow what CPU cooler are you using as from experience I know the AMD 9590 runs hot and does not like going above 60c. I had to upgrade to a Corsair 100i GTX rad to keep mine cool.

Could heat be an issue for you? especially if you CPU maybe damaged?

L600MAT, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Random crashes since computer was first built - Similar Threads - Random crashes since

2. Random PC crashes since March

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC crashes since March: Hello everyone!So, since March my PC crashes randomly while idle or when on low usage and then reboots. All temps are okay, already did a fresh reinstall, disabled OCs and tested everything. NO BSODS, NO MINIDUMPS. JUST CRASH.These events happens just before the last...
  3. Random PC crashes since March

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random PC crashes since March: Hello everyone!So, since March my PC crashes randomly while idle or when on low usage and then reboots. All temps are okay, already did a fresh reinstall, disabled OCs and tested everything. NO BSODS, NO MINIDUMPS. JUST CRASH.These events happens just before the last...
  4. Random crashes since April.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes since April.: Sorry for the long post but I'm trying to be as chronological as I can recall here so bare with me please - this is all over a few months trying here and there to fix the issue.Getting random crashes at random times sometimes minutes after windows loads since around April on...
  5. Random crashes since April.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes since April.: Sorry for the long post but I'm trying to be as chronological as I can recall here so bare with me please - this is all over a few months trying here and there to fix the issue.Getting random crashes at random times sometimes minutes after windows loads since around April on...
  6. Random Computer Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Computer Crashes: Help ive done everything i can think of to stop my computer from crashing and it just continues. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not my screen will freeze and the whole system becomes unresponsive and sometimes the monitors will turn off and the sound will bug out...
  7. Newly-built computer keeps crashing

Newly-built computer keeps crashing: Hi all, I recently built my first desktop computer, and I keep getting crashes. They started quite infrequently, but have become a daily occurrence. The blue screen disappears pretty quickly, so I've only managed to get two screenshots of it. The stopcodes they give me are...
  8. Random crashes/BSOD since May.

Random crashes/BSOD since May.: Specs. Somewhere in May, I started having random crashes on my computer, in varying types. Type 1 is your general bluescreen. It gives me about eight different messages, and is by far the most common. Type 2 is less common, and a little more strange. Sometimes, activity...
  9. Random computer crashes since new Graphics card (No BSOD)

Random computer crashes since new Graphics card (No BSOD): Hi all, I figured that this was the best place to post this, even though there isn't technically a BSOD. AWESOME-BLOSSOM.zip.zip My problems started shortly after I installed my new graphics card back in March of this year. After a couple of weeks, my computer would...
  10. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

BSOD at random times ever since PC was built: I built my PC last year and have been getting random BSODs ever since. I have reinstalled and updated Windows 2 or 3 times, but it has no effect. I even rebuilt my PC recently, which stopped BSODs for a few days, but now they are happening again. I thought it could be the...